Duracell 2650mAH NiMH Cells

Kumar

Skilled
How are the duracell 2650mAH rechargable cells? Does any one have any experiance with them?

Also how are uniross cells?

The shop where i asked quoted 350/pair for the duracells and 300/pair for the uniross cells.

well u can also go for sony 2700mah but always buy from showrooms since the market is filled with fake ones.no idea about duracell.

thats the problem, many shops here have sonys but i can't tell the difference between genuine and fake cells and the showroom asks high prices WRT other shops.

:O u sure those duras are original? get them over the uniross any day. definitely worth the extra cash :)

+ sonyworld. last i checked, 2500mAh 2 cells for 400. Thats correct india rates. Anything dirt cheap is prob smuggled/fake so be very very careful ;)

Have you tried any of the Sanyo Eneloops? What devices are u going to use the batteries for? Eneloops retain their charge longer than traditional NiMH batteries while offering similar capacities. Heres a list of batteries that use Eneloop technology

Accupower Acculoop
Ansmann MaxE range
Duracell Pre-charged
Energizer e² Rechargeable
Gold Peak (GP) ReCyko (+)
Kodak Pre Charged
MAHA Powerex Imedion
Nexcell EnergyOn
Panasonic R2
Rayovac Hybrid
GE/Sanyo Eneloop
Sony CycleEnergy
Titanium Power Enduro
Uniross Hybrio
Vapextech Instant
VARTA Ready2use
Camelion Ready Rechargeable

You can try ordering batteries from DealExtreme or KaiDomain unless you are in a hurry. Their products are genuine and much wider availability than locally.

Raghu.

techie_007 said:
:O u sure those duras are original? get them over the uniross any day. definitely worth the extra cash :)

+ sonyworld. last i checked, 2500mAh 2 cells for 400. Thats correct india rates. Anything dirt cheap is prob smuggled/fake so be very very careful ;)
hey the official prices have reduced ,now a sony NH-AA-B2E 2500mah batteries costs 365 in sonyworld.there is also another version NH-AA-B2K
but costs 400 this one can retain charge for a longer time.

i have the cheaper one and have been using for over a year and is perfect.

there is also the 2700mah batteries along with charger BCG-34HLD2F costs 975

I also wanted to buy one. Please suggest brands & appox prices

should i buy combo pack(battery+charger)

or

2 battery & charger as a separate products.

Planning to use it with Cannon Ps 710 Digi cam

well i use a sony charger that i got with my H1 camera which had sony 2100mah batteries,now i use the same charger to charge the 2500mah batteries it takes 6hrs ~ 7hrs to charge.
there are also other sony chargers that can charge as quick as 15min but imo it shortens the battery life,the sweet spot should be a charger that can charge in around 2hrs.

i also have a camelion charger that can charge AAA,AA,C,D, 9volt, when i use this charger it doesnt charge the sony properly and batteries get hot.

I used a mitsubishi 1800mAH on my coolpix 3200 some 5 years ago, lasted gr8 till the day i sold the cam off.

Used camelion 2600mAH cells, pretty good. only downer is 24 hrs charging time with the standard camelion charger :(

hmm...me thinking of getting the la crosse BC-700 charger through KMD soon. Just thinking whether it is a good value by paying ~1k more than the amazon price.

Kumar said:
hmm...me thinking of getting the la crosse BC-700 charger through KMD soon. Just thinking whether it is a good value by paying ~1k more than the amazon price.

well if u see in amazon it hasnt got much reviews,so imo u can rather go for the sony battery charger combo a better deal.

btw the battery charger combo are available in the grey ,only the combo ones are original in the grey.

Gaurish said:
I also wanted to buy one. Please suggest brands & appox prices

should i buy combo pack(battery+charger)

or

2 battery & charger as a separate products.

Planning to use it with Cannon Ps 710 Digi cam

Please answer my Question:)

@Gaurish
u can buy a combo pack from sony which comes with 4AA batteries since u will need a spare. BCG-34HLD4E costs 1150 comes with 4AA batteries. BCG-34HRE4 is a bit faster in charging costs 1650.

@Adder

Its the little brother to La Crosse BC-900 which is one of the best chargers available.

The only changes are the lower charging current and the lack of additional included cells (which are useless anyway)

In NiMH Batteries the best i think are Sanyo- U can get SANYO ORGINAL ECO CHARGER WITH 4 X AA 2700 NiMH BATTERY for 1189 plus shipping
eBay India: SANYO ORGINAL ECO CHARGER WITH 4 X AA 2700 NiMH BATTERY (item 160230684176 end time 16-May-2008 11:08:04 IST)

even better would be Sanyo Eneloop batteries which retain charge longer ( Normal NiMH batteries self discharge very quickly.

SANYO ENELOOP RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 4x AA (2000mAh) Rs. 699 plus shipping
eBay India: SANYO ENELOOP RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 4x AA (2000mAh) (item 370051505409 end time 12-Jun-2008 15:31:16 IST)

vijayshimla said:
In NiMH Batteries the best i think are Sanyo- U can get SANYO ORGINAL ECO CHARGER WITH 4 X AA 2700 NiMH BATTERY for 1189 plus shipping
eBay India: SANYO ORGINAL ECO CHARGER WITH 4 X AA 2700 NiMH BATTERY (item 160230684176 end time 16-May-2008 11:08:04 IST)

even better would be Sanyo Eneloop batteries which retain charge longer ( Normal NiMH batteries self discharge very quickly.

SANYO ENELOOP RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 4x AA (2000mAh) Rs. 699 plus shipping
eBay India: SANYO ENELOOP RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 4x AA (2000mAh) (item 370051505409 end time 12-Jun-2008 15:31:16 IST)

Sanyo is good indeed and I am using 4 nos of its 2500 mah. But buying from E-bay? Luck is a factor there and you may or may not get original ones. Had bought from there few times and had both types of experiences.

adder said:
well u can also go for sony 2700mah but always buy from showrooms since the market is filled with fake ones.no idea about duracell.

very true!!! got a pair of sonys (NiMh2600)the other day from a gud for nothing shop....coz was in a hurry!!they never did charge up!!!!:mad: , the shop keeper returned me only 150 bucks refund from the 320 bucks he charged!!!!!:( gotta know later tht duplicate ones cost just 160 bucks!!!!:huh: so he had still cheated me!!!!!!!:mad: :no: , if u ind the price too tempting..dont take it its fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

Back