Duracell vs Envie vs Eneloops Rechargeable AAA batteries for mice/keyboards

roadrash99

Disciple
Hi, looking to buy some batteries for my mice and keyboards after I ran out of the Duracell alkalines I had lying around. Thinking of buying rechargeable ones as I already have a basic Envie charger for them. So on amazon I found these prices per pair:

Duracell - 750 mAh - Rs 275
Envie - 1100 mAh - Rs 299
Eneloop - 800 mAh - Rs 444 (sold as a Rs 888 4-pack)

Wondering if there is a catch with Envie ones or are they really offering better value? Mice and Keyboard are low power devices so I guess absolute mAh is as important as self discharge and all that. How has been your experience and which ones do you use.

My observation is that Envie batteries discharge quickly when not in use. Eneloops on the other hand retain charge very well in storage. I suggest sticking with Eneloop. It's incredibly annoying when the spare set ends up being almost fully drained when I need to swap.

Last edited:
I use Duracell.
Very happy with it.
Long time user.

I also have had many eneloop ones.
They are good too but don't think they last upto the recharging cycle...they die much earlier in my experience60-70% of its recharging cycle claims)
However, I might have damaged it too but not recharging it timely and it was kept for long time not used.

So not sure if that could be the reason why many of my eneloop batteries fall short of the claim.

Last edited:
So not sure if that could be the reason why many of my eneloop batteries fall short of the claim.
Do you use the Pro version or the regular ones? The Pro's have a much shorter lifespan.

I have the regular ones going strong for about 6 years now. I use them in controllers, mice etc. So not very demanding.

my experiance with Envie AA's, they are weak and discharged pretty fast. you will get tired charging them..

I replaced my Phillips trimmer aaa rechargeable battery with Duracell, and it's been holding very well. Much better than the original battery which came in the trimmer. It's been 5 years since I changed the battery and it's still running very.

Don't know how much you use your keyboard or mouse but I dont think rechargeable batteries make sense. I am using normal Duracell in my keyboard mouse combo and haven't changed them for 1.5 years.

Don't know how much you use your keyboard or mouse but I dont think rechargeable batteries make sense. I am using normal Duracell in my keyboard mouse combo and haven't changed them for 1.5 years.
It's a gaming mouse which has higher power usage. For example Razer Orochi has a claimed battery life of 400 hours. Logitech G304 has a battery life of 250 hours.

Hi, looking to buy some batteries for my mice and keyboards after I ran out of the Duracell alkalines I had lying around. Thinking of buying rechargeable ones as I already have a basic Envie charger for them. So on amazon I found these prices per pair:

Duracell - 750 mAh - Rs 275
Envie - 1100 mAh - Rs 299
Eneloop - 800 mAh - Rs 444 (sold as a Rs 888 4-pack)

Wondering if there is a catch with Envie ones or are they really offering better value? Mice and Keyboard are low power devices so I guess absolute mAh is as important as self discharge and all that. How has been your experience and which ones do you use.
I think these are AAA batteries. I didnt have good luck with any AAA rechargeable batteries. But, if you want to use one, I would choose eneloop over Duracell. I wouldn’t even consider Envie.

have been using eneloop AA batteries with charger (same set of 4) since quite a few years now, without any issues (in headsets, controllers, cameras etc). although i dont put them to use often & could say rarely now, but they have lasted as good as new & retain their charge very very well! had a set of envie too earlier with charger long back but dont recall much about them (nothing remarkable though) to give any feedback, sorry.

I've been using Eneloops for years. The ones I bought more than 7 years ago are still functional.

But if I have to buy today, I would choose IKEA Ladda. Why? Because there are plenty of fake Eneloops floating around. Ladda bought from a IKEA store don't have that problem.

Back