PC Peripherals dvd media recommendation

stormblast

Skilled
ok guys. my friends in usa n i just checked amazon. they have ty dvdmedia & also verbatim media.

i need someone to tell me which to order n which is better etc. also keeping the cost in mind.

also i have had some problems with some dvd-r media recently getting errors with some moser baer -r & edgetech -r (power calibaration) so i switched to dvd+r. but i guess good quality -r should work fine. the writer is nec 3500ag. need to know asap.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...89344-6689661?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...bs_ur_1/002-3289344-6689661?v=glance&n=507846
let me know if these 2 are good & which 1 to get. also u guys can search amazon on ur own there are also many other dvdr media & formats so tell me which to get. looking for spindle of 50 or 100.

Verbatim is the best. PERIOD.

Get Verbatim. Don't go for that 16x media inthe second link. Verbatim 16x or 8x will be the best. Don't compromise on quality for speed. It doesn't matter that much. I used abt 4 DVD+R16x verbatim discs(that is all my dad would allow me to buy) and tons of MoserBaer 8X. The speed between 16x and 8x is not much. And all the discs work perfectly....

To conclude --- Verbatim. Verbatim and more Verbatim.

Nikhil posted 0.75 minutes later:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...23645-2911336?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846 --- this is more expensive, but if you simply must have the best --- -go for it......

k cool. so ill order these ty discs from amazon. ill try n get dvd+r. thx. but its a little expensive than rima. but free shipping of amazon is good. heh.

& techhead u got any idea if these verbatims are ty discs or mcc discs. cause if they are ty discs then will be amazing & i can get 200 dvds also cause they are cheap.

stormblast said:
k cool. so ill order these ty discs from amazon. ill try n get dvd+r. thx. but its a little expensive than rima. but free shipping of amazon is good. heh.

& techhead u got any idea if these verbatims are ty discs or mcc discs. cause if they are ty discs then will be amazing & i can get 200 dvds also cause they are cheap.

Verbs in America are *always* MCC. Made in Singapore/Taiwan/India.

Verbatim TY discs are Europe only.

Hey Buddy,

Did Amazon ship to India?

How much extra we should pay other than Quote Price (e.g=delivery chafges,shipping,custom taxes etc)

sunnydiv said:
if talked locally, i use benq + 8x 4.5 gb @ 190 rupee per box of 10 it burns in 8 minutes

is 12x really needed :-?

Where do you get these BENQ media :huh: - I asked my source and pretended ignorance about this media.

I must add that over at CDFreaks forums they dont think very highly about the BENQ media. :(

Eazy said:
Where do you get these BENQ media :huh: - I asked my source and pretended ignorance about this media.

I must add that over at CDFreaks forums they dont think very highly about the BENQ media. :(

Richard, look in the lane after Tara Temple Lane. 2 big stalls right at the corner, selling DVD media. I got me a spindle of the 8X +R Benq discs, quite crappy. Not worth it..

read the date of the topic goldenfrag.

@Mangesh - no amazon does not send to india. my friend was in usa at that time so i had asked him to get it. amazon only sends books or some other stuff to india. they dont send any electronic items.

Last edited by a moderator:
TechHead said:
Richard, look in the lane after Tara Temple Lane. 2 big stalls right at the corner, selling DVD media. I got me a spindle of the 8X +R Benq discs, quite crappy. Not worth it..

THANKS !! for the info... actually I thought ...if the shop has BENQ media then he may have some others too. :)

What is the BEST media you have found in the market currently ?

Back