DVD players

jesal

Adept
i need to get a dvd player in this month so i am thinking of this one as of now. budget is 5ooo which is decent i guess.

features i want are :

hdmi
optical out
usb
svideo
full hd upsclaing upto 1080

i am thinking of this model but alfa says its old model
DVD-1080PK hyper vision - DVD players SAMSUNG

they are selling some model 1080p7 wihch does not have all these features for 4k. please advise if any other brand to take or not. how much are dvd recorders now. i have one which i want to sell

Get the one I just got - Pioneer DV-410 - it's got all the features you're looking for and is a very good player (I prefer Pioneer to Samsung/Sony/Philips). Only three weeks old, but great performance so far. Bought it in Bombay for Rs.4400. Check it out.

well pioneer is the best u can get DV 610 in grey should cost about 6k ,even DV 410 is goog .if not get the sony u get a HDMI cable free.the advantage of pioneer apart from performance is that it also does onboard DTS decoding and has analog 5.1 out.

ok ill check the dv610 as well actually planning to give my dvd recorder in exchange as well and pioneer not available officially so of the 3 i have chosen which one is the best guys come on fast. in future i will hook it to a home theathre system.

well the pioneer is available officialy but costs around 10k.if not u can always buy the DV410 which should cost around ur budget.
of the three u have mentioned the sony NS708 is good so is the NS78H.both are evenly matched in performance its just that the aesthetics of NS708 is better IMO.
the pioneers dvd player component output is also better the the sony also bare in mind sony player dont have a USB port.

thanks for quick replies. here are problems now

sony 708 does not have usb so it is out

samsung 1080pk does not have dts decoding so im thinking

lg dv388 has nice but no usb 2.0 only 1.1

philips 5996 not here at all anywhere

all players have some features missing.....

what are pioneer prices like grey and official i want prices and differences between 410 and 610. the one alfa had looked fake to me. it had hdmi and stuff written on it since online it does not look like that.

even im looking for a decent DVD player...

My frnd jst got fed up n bot a tseries DVD player(nice features - divx, usb , etc.) but T-SERIES~!!!! for 2.9k

kindly suggest the thred starter a good player <5k...

on paper the 610 and 410 rock it seems but the price i dont know as of now. went to alfa dint like the pioneers. ill go again i guess ill settle with one of the pioneers itself.

the samsung why not since it does not have dts decoding

the lg why not cuz it is stuck with usb 1.1

the philips is not available at all

the sony cuz no usb at all

the pioneers seem to have it all i guess and the price of 4k seems nice,,,

I bought my dv-410 for 4400 in grey. He was offering the 610 for in grey for 6300. Don't know official prices, but I know this guy and he always gives me brand new stuff and great service, so I guess I got lucky there. The USB port on the 410 seems to be working pretty well since it's handling a 32gb pen drive no probs.

so the lg kinda wins over the pioneer right ?

also the philips one on amazon link i guess its the 5986 selling right now eh ???

jesal said:
also the philips one on amazon link i guess its the 5986 selling right now eh ???

yea its selling, also get the 2 meter DVI cable along with if your buying from amazon.. cost $1.65 extra

also get a quote from KMD

There is another model DVP5996K/94 with a few variations but i dunno if its available here in India, DVP5986K/98 is priced at Rs.5,499.00/-

Source: Philips - Blu-ray disc - Player - Recorder - VCR & VCR combi - Home theater - Players and recorders - Recorders, DVD and home theater

I'm sure you will be able to get a better deal.

Your welcome..

mr47 said:
yea its selling, also get the 2 meter DVI cable along with if your buying from amazon.. cost $1.65 extra
also get a quote from KMD

There is another model DVP5996K/94 with a few variations but i dunno if its available here in India, DVP5986K/98 is priced at Rs.5,499.00/-
Source: Philips - Blu-ray disc - Player - Recorder - VCR & VCR combi - Home theater - Players and recorders - Recorders, DVD and home theater

I'm sure you will be able to get a better deal.

Your welcome..

thts the catch i wnat 5996 not there at all. what are the diff between the 2 anyways ?

you can compare on the link on my prev post.

edit: I think it also lacks AC3 playback.

Quite a few dvdrips these days hav ac3 audio

Back