Storage Solutions DVD Writer recommendations!

blr_p said:
clears throat

..u sure bout that last thing there ;) ?

cos..i remember a certain someone, not too long ago, offering to swap his LG 18x H42N Drive for my BenQ cos he missed out.

would have been deal of the yr if that worked out eh :p

indeed that someone is ME, was asking on my friends Behalf as he wanted a scanner cum burner.

H42N was my friends :p which is now sold :) flashed my 1640 & gave it to him. :eek:hyeah:.

@samrulez (thread starter): u have "Better Guys around" take advice from them & Get a "Good" one

Yeah but in the absence of BEnQ's now, the only choice is the lite-on 201A, if you want scanning too. Otherwise i'm sure the LG suggested is a good unit.

Ideally it would be the lite-on 165 series, but i think those too are sold out.

Unless you can afford to wait, something better might come out.

I started a thread on the sony-dru170c here, You may want to follow it up.

^^

Wooah! thanx man!! :)

Me also want Lite on ..but they aren't available locally..and I don't hv time to go to LR.. :(

Only thing available here is Sony DRU- 170C..:S

You have used lightscribe memories_dv ?

What is ur opion ?..i was told they were fine with simple text, try anything more complex like photos (gasp) and the results might not be to your liking.

memories_dv said:
Samrules where are you located? The benq 1655 is available at LR as well as santacruz. BTW the 1655 also comes with a bonus feature none - LIGHTSCRIBE!

LightScribe

I'm from Malad [West] ..:)

How much does 1655 cost?? Also. .is lightscribe media easily available?? :huh:

Is it a better drive than Sony DRU 170C? ??

^^ I think memories_dv said 2.3K for the BenQ 1655

Lightscribe disks easily available, atleast in NP..Last i checked : Rs. 390 for a 10-pack cakebox of Verbatim Lightscribe 16X DVD+R..

The benq 1655 (Rs.2.3k) is (un)arguably the best drive available. Ive used lightscribe on a cd-r...it looks pretty good if you use the contrast utility to set high contrast. You will notice threads on cdfreaks too, about the 1650/1655s running out and people scrambling to find old stock somewhere!

Get the BenQ DW1650/1655 if possible, otherwise settle for the LiteOn LH-20A1P - I had trouble with the LG H42N and I know a couple more people with similar issues, but there are many still happy with the H42N.

Back