Storage Solutions DVD Writer suggestion

samsung dvd-writers are the best. they write dvds at faster pace compared to sony or LG..so go with a samsung though life may be short

Got my Samsung SH-223F 22X DVD Writer.It's more silent than Sam Fisher.:p

Burn time & copying time is pretty good.Not much noticeable difference over my previous burner but still pretty good.Thanks to everyone for their views & opinions.:)

kris30 said:
samsung dvd-writers are the best. they write dvds at faster pace compared to sony or LG..so go with a samsung though life may be short
You perfectly gave a reason why not to buy a Samsung :p now why would anyone agree to waste money just to save a couple of seconds :no:

I am not saying Samsung is bad, but just giving a basis on wrong logic applied, there seem to be many post like these now :hap5:

My LiteOn too RIP :mad:

hmasalia said:
I had used my DRU 810A for writing more than 600 DVD's

It was an awesome piece.....

but then all good things comes to an end.... so did mine.....

RIP.......... DRU810A

No, its a fact, Liteons die pretty fast. + it is LOUD!

racy1 said:
^...One year for a Lite-ON dying after burning ~250 disks is quite low... I think you got unlucky...

Long gone re :p

Even I want to know if the Samsung's tray problem is gone or not...

What exactly is a "tray problem"? :huh:

The Sorcerer said:
I started seeing the tray problems on my samsung 203-d as soon as I changed my motherboard. Strange- this never happened on my a8n sli.

Its the other way round :)

?dOuBtFiRe? said:
Liteon is the way to go ....

rockfella said:
What exactly is a "tray problem"? :huh:
If you haven't been following Samsung's past then it's a known issue is most of Samsung's CD/DVD ROM drives which were produced initially.After some amount of use the tray wouldn't eject on many occasions.If it did then it won't go in on pressing the loading button.Hence you had to manually push it in which was a royal pain.This was the most known issue of Samsung drives.Hopefully after tying up with Toshiba they might be making better drives now.I'll let you people know if any such problem crops up with mine.

Thanks man i was not aware of this.... heard a lot of bad things about Samsung in IDE but just the reverse in SATA lol.:hap2:

Ethan_Hunt said:
If you haven't been following Samsung's past then it's a known issue is most of Samsung's CD/DVD ROM drives which were produced initially.After some amount of use the tray wouldn't eject on many occasions.If it did then it won't go in on pressing the loading button.Hence you had to manually push it in which was a royal pain.This was the most known issue of Samsung drives.Hopefully after tying up with Toshiba they might be making better drives now.I'll let you people know if any such problem crops up with mine.

Back