E-Waste Recycling

LaatSahab

Skilled
Hi All
I'm currently facing an issue, which I'm pretty sure many others have faced or are facing themselves and that is too many gadgets lying in storage that are not in use anymore. This primarily includes mobile phones but also many cables and chargers accompanying them and numerous cheap headsets/earphones.
I want to know if there is any reliable online site/service provider that would take these devices and recycle/dispose-off them in a proper manner. If they pass on some remnant value in monetary terms, all the better.

just give them away to people who wanna use them or have further need for them or you have to go and look for a ewaste recycler which is a bit rough in our country literally saw a bbc set peice of recycling ewaste in our country you can see that as well or just make a post here and i am sure they will be gone

There are quite a few services like these which have sprung up in recent times. However, most of them only serve specific cities. So Google for "e waste disposal <city name>" to find some.

Be aware though that in case of modern electronics, extracting elements from these items is more costly that extracting them from their primary source. Hence you are unlikely to get any value out of it.

The sites such as Cashify, MobileGoo, Budli, are they reliable sites for this purpose or are they interested in being resellers of refurbished items ?

I had used cashify to sell off my Redmi pad for 500 bucks. Given that it was almost dead, I was rather happy than taking up space and more importantly, being an e-waste.

Croma has some e waste bins where you can drop off useless electronic items for disposal. No door step pickup.
This.
Croma has e-waste drop off and they even started door pick up sometime back.( i think if they have store nearby they can do it if within few kms) . Just call and check with them.

And like people also said you can give it away here.

I think many people here are good with tinkering with electronics for many reasons including for educational use this might actually be useful for them. So not a bad idea to giveaway either.

There are quite a few services like these which have sprung up in recent times. However, most of them only serve specific cities. So Google for "e waste disposal <city name>" to find some.
Yes, this is a good way to find out about e-waste collection services in your city. That's how I found out about a few services in my city. I have a lot of old PC components related e-waste, plus old chargers and cables and all. I had contacted one of the services which offer pickup services, and they had told me to send a photo of what all material I have. They also offer money for it. It is like selling your kabaad, so we should get some money for it I guess. I have yet to pick out all the material together though.

Croma has some e waste bins where you can drop off useless electronic items for disposal. No door step pickup.

Interesting. I might ask them about this next time I call them, or, if I happen to go there, which is unlikely for now.

Proper e-waste collection services should be there in every city. There is so much e-waste nowadays.

Back