CPU/Mobo E6300 spotted in India.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi guys.
E6300 is now available in India.
Just wanted u guys to know. Pricing is lame.
E6300 + Gigabyte 945p bundle is 20k odd. And only processor is at lame 12.5k.
Talk about cheap conroe :(

I got call from Mnemonic systems a while ago with this pricing. I hope this is temperory inflated pricing. Otherwise :( :( :(

Darklord said:
12.5 k ???? thats insane....
is that too costly or priced just right ??

a few days ago i and harshal were discussing the prices of conroe cpu's locally and we had agreed that E6300 will debut here for around 12 ~ 13K ...

but imho, the price will soon settle around 9K ...+/- a few %

It seems high - the cost will outweigh the benefits if pricing is way off (like this). For the cost of an entry-level C2D + quality board + RAM you can get a complete AMD X2 setup.

RiO said:
It seems high - the cost will outweigh the benefits if pricing is way off (like this). For the cost of an entry-level C2D + quality board + RAM you can get a complete AMD X2 setup.
well, the early price indications from intel were hinting at the relatively high cost initially.
it is the reason i preferred the 3800+ over the conroe for the time being. once the hype dies down and there is ample supply in the market i will surely shift to intel platform, whether conroe or kenfield only time and the state of my bank balance will determine.

Errrr...How is this costly when ZipZoomFly has it at 219$ (219*47 = 10293) and the Conroe thread where the Daily Tech pricing were put up here also has the E6300 at 235$ :S

On a lighter side, I typed Conroe in the search box in Newegg and guess what ?? I got Marilyn Monroe :rofl: :rofl:

^^:rofl: :rofl: ........ btw i think this is just the inflated pricing for timebeing so that intel can clear old pentium d's ... wait for sometime guys ...everything will be normal in like 1 month and loads of mobo's will also arrive by then.

Freaky said:
Errrr...How is this costly when ZipZoomFly has it at 219$ (219*47 = 10293) and the Conroe thread where the Daily Tech pricing were put up here also has the E6300 at 235$ :S

Those are not real intel prices. i guess dealers all over the world are the same ....:eek:hyeah:

deejay said:
Those are not real intel prices. i guess dealers all over the world are the same ....:eek:hyeah:

Agreed :D

@Freaky, the E6600 is only $339 on zzfly as compared to the Intel suggested retail price of $319. It doesn't add up when the E6300 is selling for $50 more and based on selling price of the E6600 I assumed the E6300 was $200. Either way, the current overall cost of a basic C2D rig outweighs it's performance.

Agreed Rio. That's the problem of all the results of OC and performance coming out well before the actual product is launched. Though it helps us gauge the performance, it also helps the dealers in jacking prices :mad:

Back