E8400 Retail !!!

has33

Adept
Got 5 chips E8400 4m a local dealer. Batch #Q746xxxx

They are the retail chips (not ES)

They ve full local warranty.

Cost is 9.6K and thats what I'm paying the dealer (not making any money off it)

Took 5 of em to get this rate.

PM or post here for cherry picking...1st come 1st choice !!!

Only local pick-up !!!

But if U can arrange 4 some 1 to get it delivered to U then I'm fine...but he'll ve 2 pay me here.

3 left.

image00003qm9.jpg

image00004zq3.jpg

image00005wa1.jpg

image00006ob6.jpg

^ ATM the bill is in another name but I'm sure it can be changed Ur name...will let U know late afternoon, after I meet up with the dealer.

Wait for the proper prices guys...thats my advice. This will come down to 8k levels as the price is arnd 183-190$.This is just price grouging in initial phases. Just wait for a week or so :)

Supra said:
lol price tumbling already :p.....below 8k in a 2 weeks :p

Need a honest advice, do you think prices are gonna tumble to that level in 2 weeks????? I am thinking of picking one up right now instead of waiting for 2 months(thats what i thought would take for prices to tumble)

should be in the 9k range....not lower

Well taking the example of Q6600....first price was arnd 15k...in 1 one weeks time came to 13500....in 1 more week.....13000 & finally settled in for 12~12.5k for quite sometime.

Mumbai is very exp for CPUs...so may be they wont see the light soon as Q6600is still sold at 11.5k around whereas Bangalore/Delhi ppl get for arnd 10.2k ish. Just keep in mind the MSRP in 1000 quantities is 183$....Q6600 is 266$ ...so Q6600 settled to 12k~12.5k(300$..ie arnd 15% premium) level in around 4 weeks.

Similarly I find the price of E8400 to settle around 200$ easily in 3-4 weeks(8~8.2k all incl)...moreover the lesser the price of a processor & if its a mainstream product price tends to go to MSRP level quite soon :) considering there will be no shortage in the market.

I will advice to wait for 2-3 weeks for following reasons:-

1. You can manage with ue E4300 for sometime more I guess :p
2. Let prices settle...there is no hurry for u to post a sub-10s super pi :rofl:
3. You will get a pattern of the batches...and might be able to pickup a good CPU. I gt a L725B Q6600 which I still cherish :)...as I always had crap luck with batches...this time around I gt what I wanted :D...say in case of Q6600 L726A is one of the best ...so after 3-4 weeks a pattern will arrive if u keep urself tuned to XS.

Also forgot one thing....this E8400 is faster than a E6850 and has more cache as well...nw E6850 sells for around 10k....so of cuz the market will keep the prices a bit high as long as stocks are nt cleared or bought back(buy back happens @ prevailing prices so nt all dealers want to make loss & clear their stock...they will rather push their stock of E6850 rather then offering to dump back)

Got all 5 of em in my hand now.

All are of same batch #Q746A477 SLAPL packed date 7th JAN 08.

The dealer reduced Rs. 50 so the cost would be 9550/- local pickup.

Again, I'm not making any money off it infact.

Supra, Thanks for the advices but all cheapos can wait for 6 mts & get it @ half the rate !!!

This thread is not for the cheapos. So my advise 2 the cheapo is stay away 4m this thread.

Vivek...good rates man...Go for it.

Others are welcome 2 get it 4m where ever they want but if my cost for the batch # with delivery 2moro is fine with U guys then confirm asap as I'm gonna give the rest back 2moro.

Pics coming soon :D

Supra, Thanks for the advices but all cheapos can wait for 6 mts & get it @ half the rate !!!

This thread is not for the cheapos. So my advise 2 the cheapo is stay away 4m this thread.

Sir,

see this post

Need a honest advice, do you think prices are gonna tumble to that level in 2 weeks????? I am thinking of picking one up right now instead of waiting for 2 months(thats what i thought would take for prices to tumble)

he has asked for an opinion so I posted. Anyway thanks for the cheapo title....hope ur things get sold before the latest prices are posted tmr :p
Why u gt so pissed off if u r nt selling for any profit or whatever. Remember this is not a FS thread so ppl can post in their opinions abt the options. Plz dnt try to be u know :p

U can check all old GO threads...still I will stick to my above opinion. Afterall we are here to help everybody and not push the sweets into someone's mouth forcefully :p

Supra said:
Well taking the example of Q6600....first price was arnd 15k...in 1 one weeks time came to 13500....in 1 more week.....13000 & finally settled in for 12~12.5k for quite sometime.

Mumbai is very exp for CPUs...so may be they wont see the light soon as Q6600is still sold at 11.5k around whereas Bangalore/Delhi ppl get for arnd 10.2k ish. Just keep in mind the MSRP in 1000 quantities is 183$....Q6600 is 266$ ...so Q6600 settled to 12k~12.5k(300$..ie arnd 15% premium) level in around 4 weeks.

Similarly I find the price of E8400 to settle around 200$ easily in 3-4 weeks(8~8.2k all incl)...moreover the lesser the price of a processor & if its a mainstream product price tends to go to MSRP level quite soon :) considering there will be no shortage in the market.

I will advice to wait for 2-3 weeks for following reasons:-

1. You can manage with ue E4300 for sometime more I guess :p
2. Let prices settle...there is no hurry for u to post a sub-10s super pi :rofl:
3. You will get a pattern of the batches...and might be able to pickup a good CPU. I gt a L725B Q6600 which I still cherish :)...as I always had crap luck with batches...this time around I gt what I wanted :D...say in case of Q6600 L726A is one of the best ...so after 3-4 weeks a pattern will arrive if u keep urself tuned to XS.

Also forgot one thing....this E8400 is faster than a E6850 and has more cache as well...nw E6850 sells for around 10k....so of cuz the market will keep the prices a bit high as long as stocks are nt cleared or bought back(buy back happens @ prevailing prices so nt all dealers want to make loss & clear their stock...they will rather push their stock of E6850 rather then offering to dump back)

Thanks man, hehehehehe you know why i want that CPU, dont u, :eek:hyeah: :hap2: , but the pattern has already arrived and the batch that hass has got is one of the best. Does 4.0-4.5 Ghz on Air on a lower vcore than most of the other batches. Since hass will not ship it outside so i will assure others from Mumbai that the batch is no doubt amazing, for me I think i may follow your advice Supra, can do with my E4300, and a 16s pi score for now, :( :no:
And hass you should have been more polite, waiting for a better deal is not cheapness but wiseness, :p :bleh: :eek:hyeah:

P.S : Vivek will wait for your update man.

Supra said:
Afterall we are here to help everybody and not push the sweets into someone's mouth forcefully :p

Nor tell others "Grape are sour" cause U know can't... :bleh:

Neways...I need this batch#Q746 now & so do a very few others. This is only for those few !!!

If I don't sell it, they go back to the dealer.

Helping here doesn't always mean getting the cheapest option but the right batch which has been proven.

This is a tech forum, after all...for the enthusiasts...or am I worng :huh:

I shouldn't ve used the words I use in my earlier post...didn't realise U were answering a query, so I'm sorry abt that (was kinda stressed up with other issues). But being so senior, U should know its not always abt money.

Lots of enthusiastic ve bought chips which were not the right batch & couldn't perform like a few others could...n had to change later.

If I find a good batch at a higher price and I want to share it with others, what am I doing wrong. I don't wanna use words like "nobody's forcing" n all but the way U used those words in Ur advice, sounded like I was ripping em off.

Enough of that now...wanted 2 post some benches but there are other threads for that. All I want 2 say here is that it looks like I'll be running my 24/7 setup @ 475x9 (1.45V-BIOS) on this chip.

Banik...true but what do U ve to say abt getting the right batch @ a higher cost ???

Vivek...do U know the batch # of those chips 4m Mnemonic which are ATM, Rs. 50 cheaper than these ???

Non taken...m planing 2 run 3~4 hrs of orthos @ 475x9 (1.45-BIOS), 2nite.

Just ve 2 take care of a few things be4.

I ve 3 of em E8400s, left with me...which I'll be keeping with me for another day or so. But my dealer is not promising any price drops so lemme know if any1 interested in the mentioned rates.

I'm thrilled with my chip...just hope I can get it stable.

Damn...I was +3 hrs the Orthos @ 4.32GHz (480x9 @ 1.45V) and my ASUS PC Probe stared these sirens mentioning my PSU 120mm fan was @ 0 RPM. By the time I inspected my Antec TruePower Trio 550W the PC went off.

Couldn't even take a single SS.

The PSU is still working fine...I can boot in 2 vista & run a small tests, with the 120mm fan on the PSU @ 0 RPM :p but I don't think I should do any blending. I'll try & mount another 120mm projeting the PSU but only 4 temp use.

It goes 4 RMA on Friday. Till then I ve it out of the cabby, upside down & a 120mm apex pushing, 2 keep it cool.
Wonder how my Circle 450W will perform on this system :p

has33 said:
It goes 4 RMA on Friday. Till then I ve it out of the cabby, upside down & a 120mm apex pushing, 2 keep it cool.
Wonder how my Circle 450W will perform on this system :p

You bum- get a HX620. :bleh:

Will do wonders for your 'what am i gonna fry today' kinda OCing. :rofl:

Plus, you of all, don't even need to worry on the resale of your replaced new psu. :p
@ Supra- Dada, you always do a wonderful job of keeping everyone alerted with your posts and you have won a fan in me. :)

(Your logic ain't flawed but i know someone who is hated fro his logic- especially on resale value. :rofl:

Even i have posted my explanations on some sale threads (and try to practice what i preach) and am sure not many like me- especially when they are looking to sell the same. :ashamed: )
But if a GO has fair market prices, then making a post directly saying 'Don't buy' is not right too- you could have been subtle or PMed the person, esp those you care for more. :cool2:
People needing stuff urgently for work have always paid more- many got their Q6600 G0 at 13.5K- no one iirc waited for 11k price.

They have made way more in terms of projects fisnished by the time it became 11k here.

Infact people, who use their chips for work, have even bought the B3 for 25K. :p
Though not really the case with most new chips, esp Intel ones, one couldn't get a 0516/17 A64 3000+ then if waited for price drops na. :p

Esp true for the OCing community who have paid more for the best stepping to be the first to post highest numbers. :)

You have always waited it out and cashed in on vfm like i do. :p

But some are more driven by their urgency to post big numbers and by the time poor people like me afford to buy one, they are already onto the next big thing or even the next to the next. :rofl:
It's a small premium people pay for their passion when they very well know that the same thing can be had way cheaper in some time- i think even the n00biest of n00bs knows that as i know it too. :rofl:

(Like ppl bought N95 and gadgets just when they are out- i in my wildest dreams can never afford a phone that expensive. :p

I am even waiting for rates to fall on the cheapest Nokia i planned to buy coz it's launched recently and rates fall and stabilise by a decent amount in very short time since launch. :ashamed:)
I am totally against anyone milking the junta for a better stepping like some dealers who are aware of the steppings etc do (have done earlier). :mad:

But if someone wants to pay more and grab one- which has been the case of dealers/businessmen/officials going corrupt in every walk of life- as there is always someone who wants preferential treatment or quick service by paying for it- what more do we do about it but not do it ourselves and ask others to do the same. :(
And there are those who have bought stuff way above retail price and not felt the pich just coz it wasn't available locally- i see no one complaining about that. :)

I am one who really doesnt afford that and will always search on hopefully for someone to buy something for me at the retail price and carry it for me and use something for standby till i can do that. :ashamed:
And in this case- it doesn't even seem anyone is making anything extra. :)
As is the case with every other luxury stuff(changing h/w every 6-9 months is a huge luxury thingie imho)- prices will drop with time and i think all know 'just launched' is usually not a time to buy unless it's for personal pleasure/brag value/records. :)

(You think anyone will care now if i cracked 3G on air on my 3000+ now?? :rofl:)

hmm......bikey.....long post man.....lemme take out 2-3 hrs, then will sit down and read this :bleh: .......
@has33 , dude :bleh:Bikey:bleh: is right , get a hx620 or sumthin similar.....

Back