E8400 Retail !!!

phew man bikey....u have some patience to write such a long thing :rofl:....Btw went to SP Road today & steppings here also were Q746AXXX. It was arnd 8900+tax....even E8200 that was available was also Q746A....it seems Intel gave the best batch of ocers to India :p

Supra said:
phew man bikey....u have some patience to write such a long thing :rofl:....Btw went to SP Road today & steppings here also were Q746AXXX. It was arnd 8900+tax....even E8200 that was available was also Q746A....it seems Intel gave the best batch of ocers to India :p

the rate here in mumbai as of today for e8400 is 11,600rs. yes u read it right. its gone up for 2000rs. asked 4 diff shops today.

Supra said:

You Bang Bang guys have it good- especially dunno what 'chooran' you give to the dealers Supra. :lol:

You always post droolilicious rates on stuff you buy- some of which ain't available to all. :p
But 500/- bucks on 9K ain't very far off from the norm, difference between Mumbai and Bang Bang rates i.e.- and looking at them from 2005 to 2008. :)

eg. When A8NE was 6550/- in Bang Bang, i went mad trying to buy it for the same here- dealers said i was crazy. :mad:

Finally got it for 7K then. :rofl:
And ya, stepping wise we are bit lucky. :)

As not many pick new chips when just out and dealers are still busy selling/pushing the older/cheaper stuff. :lol:

And while the best steppings are all sold out in the US, mainly due to a larger % of OCing/aware crowd, we are just kinda receiving our first shipments of the first batches. :p
Edit: Just saw stormy's post. :rofl:

Mumbai Businessmen :mad: - the opty single core rates had also shot up by 2K odd due to demand and the prices of dual cores stayed up for a very long time. :(

i still dont know whats the fuzz about. This is still the going rate in most part of the country. So I dont know why anyone has problems with the rates of this GO.

Anyway grab these while this stock lasts. We are sitting on goldmine here at the moment. Q746A is long sold out in most places around the world and this is as good a stepping as you are gonna get out there now. I mean comeon, 4.8Ghz on air is no joke. And I was able to manage bench run at this speed out of this chip without too much effort at all.
6 hour prime done at 4.3Ghz for 24x7 clocks @ 1.39v

Price revised to Rs. 11500/. :O

:p Just kiddin' :D

I was planning to give the 3 chips that I ve left on me, back to the dealer but decided againt it as the prices were going up, everywhere.

But that Rs.50, which was reduced 4m the original 9.6K is now gone.

So the price for the 3 E8400 I ve left with me is 9.6K all inclusive.

And its still all going to the dealer...I'm not keeping anything.

Lemme know.

The guys at lammy and most of the dealers in Mumbai are Idiots. Their reasoning that the e6850 sells for 11.5k so how can a newer model sell for the same is stupid and retarded. I have infact conveyed the same to several of the dealers who quoted me the 11.5k prices.

In fact we should not buy at these inflated prices and should source from other places if required. This is the one greatest advantage of being part of this community!

@supra what would be your shipped price to Mumbai for the e8400?

they are not just stupid .. but great "JERKS" :rofl:

from what i have observed over the years , these guys sell comp products as they are selling some vegetables ..:rofl:

anyways, 4.5 ghz on air is simply awesome ..great for games ..

Supra said:
Btw went to SP Road today & steppings here also were Q746AXXX. It was arnd 8900+tax....even E8200 that was available was also Q746A....it seems Intel gave the best batch of ocers to India :p

Vivek Punjabi said:
@supra what would be your shipped price to Mumbai for the e8400?

8900+Tax= 8900+4% = 8900+356 = 9256/-

+Shipping 50/- to 150/-.
So 9306/- to 9406/- in Bangalore vs 9600/- in Mumbai.

One saves 200-300 bucks. :p
What's all the fuss about- and it's ready delivery, no waiting too?? :S
And have all forgotten when Switch shipped a proccy and K1D0man received only the box without the proccy. :(

Though i have shipped some stuff without hassles, i have lost some too- so shipping since then is my last last resort. :)

Well said Bikey....and its more like 9k+tax for a single piece. And with low stocks who knows what it will be might this weekend.Vivek if u dnt wanna wait get it from has33 as its OCing really well with same batch.

To put in simple words---

Super Pi Buff & wanna be on leaderboard :p----Buy nw

More to put it to work rather than brag :p----wait a week or two

Supra said:
Well said Bikey....and its more like 9k+tax for a single piece. And with low stocks who knows what it will be might this weekend.Vivek if u dnt wanna wait get it from has33 as its OCing really well with same batch.

To put in simple words---

Super Pi Buff & wanna be on leaderboard :p----Buy nw
More to put it to work rather than brag :p----wait a week or two

:cough: :cough: and what work are you planning to do on with the E8400?, why dont you buy a quad core Mr. Supra for your work, hehehehe, now go ahead and confess that you are trying to balance your super pi affection and VFM purchase.

lol to be honest I gt the G0 quad for so called bragging only :p...what work will I put a quad core to use :rofl:...also I bought when it was nt so low price :p

Well I wont be the one to go frm Quad to E8400 no way just for those 9.xxx sec
Btw I have a quad already...I thought u know it :p....well so u buying the E8400 now ?

BIKeINSTEIN said:
8900+Tax= 8900+4% = 8900+356 = 9256/-
+Shipping 50/- to 150/-.
So 9306/- to 9406/- in Bangalore vs 9600/- in Mumbai.
One saves 200-300 bucks. :p
What's all the fuss about- and it's ready delivery, no waiting too?? :S
And have all forgotten when Switch shipped a proccy and K1D0man received only the box without the proccy. :(
Though i have shipped some stuff without hassles, i have lost some too- so shipping since then is my last last resort. :)

Bikey...U forgeting the 5.5% Octroi :mad:

So 9256+5.5% = 9256+509 = 9765 :ashamed:

Supra...regarding that "more to put it to work rather than brag" people, lemme tell U that there are a few who ve already purchased this processor for 9.55K & not posted their Spi1M on the leaderboard. So, I don't think they should wait 2 weeks unless *ahem*

I ve 2 assemble 2 rigs (1 gaming & other for Coral, CS3 kinda work) in the next week...be4 the next weekend is over. I had to perform a no of tests to see how much better this is from conroe...also if the 6MB cache with 2Cores is any better in rendering than 4MB with 4Core. I knew most, from the reviews but I had to show the actual results to the people I'm making it 4 as they are not regulars at these forums & don't keep themself updated on reviews. So I had to get this ASAP.

If 1 needs to get 2 a certian place quick & takes a flight instead of a train,its not always abt bragging.

I humbly request U to stop this bragging CR@P now. The actual braggers ve not bragged as much as U ve mentioned BRAGGING !!!

Hope I ve not crossed any limits.

4 of the 5 sold. Only 1 remaining.

Well I know of ppl also who bought in bangalore for 11.5k & took in to the dealers word that its better than E6850 & so priced a bit higher.Anyway for Corel, CS3 apps for sure the dual core will work better as they r more of rather dual core optimized. Dnt take any advantage of the 4 cores.

Usually 4 cores are used while encoding, very few games (ut3 is one), & WCG of cuz. Some say even 3dsmax is a bit optimized for Quaddie.

Anyway see man...what will i get crapping ur thread.....urs is the best deal in this market nw....even I am 100% sure abt this. Anyway guys grab the last one now ....and one thing bragging is not anything bad.....lot of ppl can buy an E8400 but its really important to know how to squeeze most of it. Thats what all the enthusiast community is all abt. We all have been a part of this from the athlon 64 days & this is nothing new. I dunno why r u taking in that way. Think the +ve way :p

Supra- 3dsmax ain't optimised for 'quad core' processor. :p

It's optimised for 'gimme as many cores as you can you' processor. :rofl:

Same is the case with WCG or other clients- more cores= more tasks executed simultaneously. :eek:hyeah: (though it's limited to 16 by default iirc.)
@ has33- 5.5% of 8900/- (Rs. 489.5) and not 9256/- i think. :bleh:

Supra...K. I look at it as half full :p

Bikey...tell that 2 the lousy Vista cal :p

Fine its 9389.5 + 4% = 9765.08 !!!

Happy.

So U wanna buy 1 for 9765 ??? 0.08 ka DISCOunt for U :bleh:

Back