eBay account suspended

djmykey

Skilled
Hello,

All of a sudden ebay suspended my account. On contacting them about it, this is the reply they sent.

Code:
Thank you for writing to eBay's Trust & Safety team. My name is Amit and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you for your concern.

I have reviewed your account and determined that this suspension was issued under Section 9 of the eBay User Agreement, entitled Breach. This section states that eBay may immediately warn, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your membership if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability to you, our users, or us. You can review the eBay User Agreement at the following Web page:

[URL="http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/user-agreement.html"]User Agreement[/URL]
Occasionally we will take action if we feel there may be a possibility of unlawful action. However, this is no reflection on yourself, but is taken for the safety of all eBay members. We realise this is most probably due to oversight or privacy concerns, but we need to take these steps to further ensure that eBay remains a safe place to trade.
To be considered for reinstatement, you must submit all of the following:
1.The Request for Reinstatement Form found at the Web page as well as a form of identification to prove your identity:
[URL="http://pages.ebay.in/help/community/poiinvreinst.html"]eBay.in - SafeHarbor Request for Reinstatement[/URL]
2. A copy of your driver's license or other government issued ID, with your name and address clearly visible.
3. Documentation clearly showing your current address. This can be one of the following:
- a copy of a recent credit card statement (a copy of the actual credit card is not acceptable)
- a copy of a recent bank statement
- a copy of a recent utility bill (mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
If you are concerned about including sensitive information, such as your credit card number, please black out all but the first and last four digits. When doing so, keep in mind that your full name and address must be legible for us to process your request.

Now this seemed to be a generic reply and hence I replied back asking them specifically what did I do wrong, to which they replied:

Code:
Thank you for writing to eBay's Trust & Safety team. My name is Maruf and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you for your concern.
I appreciate the information that you have asked, and I have reviewed the details of this restriction.
Member's acccount is restricted in order to maintain a safe trading environment and to bring happy transaction experience, You are asked to submit documents for Buying your items on eBay site.
If you do not provide valid documents to us your account will stay suspended. Any attempts to avoid this restriction, such as registering new accounts, could result in permanent suspension from eBay.
To continue with your appeal for reinstatement of your account, please submit the information requested in our previous email.

Now I am just confused. Reading up the section that the support staff mentioned also did not make any sense to me. I hardly use ebay to buy anything unless the product is not at all available locally or Indian e-commerce sites. And this whole event is driving me away from ebay.

If anyone can make out anything out of the above replies, I would appreciate the help.
And just a note: As per ebay when an account is suspended the user is supposed to recieve an intimation about it. I did not recieve any email nor any message within my ebay account. When I logged in, after quite sometime, also I did not get any warnings. Only when I went to buy something it gave me a user not registered error and pointed me to the resolution center.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
djMyKey.

Multiple possibilities:

Credit card used for purchases on your account was used on multiple other accounts
Shipping address used on this account was used on multiple other accounts for purchase
Explicit account sharing

It looks so f****** dumb. They are still not explaining why they suspended your account. How they heck are they supposed to help you to get it back. They cannot ask for those personal documents on a generic note which sounds so unspecific. It all looks way way out of line, all the above, from eBay.

Any recent trades ?

Can be a complaint from your counterpart !

This I need to check, coz I gave a -ve rating to a seller coz he shipped me the wrong product.

Multiple possibilities:

Credit card used for purchases on your account was used on multiple other accounts
Shipping address used on this account was used on multiple other accounts for purchase
Explicit account sharing

Shipping Address part I need to check this with my friend. I think he gave my address for delivering a few items to my place. I'm just not sure if it were on ebay or some other site.
Rest of the points I am confident hasn't happened.

It looks so f****** dumb. They are still not explaining why they suspended your account. How they heck are they supposed to help you to get it back. They cannot ask for those personal documents on a generic note which sounds so unspecific. It all looks way way out of line, all the above, from eBay.

Exactly my thoughts.

Ebay are biggest bunch of *****, their response is a joke and the company is run by group of monkeys

It will be an insult to monkeys, if you call the people running ebay as monkeys. They are bunch of bubble headed idiots (acting as if they are omnipotent).

OP: send them a notice asking them to clearly give the specific reasons for suspending your account. If they are doing it without giving a specific reason or denies to give you the reason (citing their policy), its illegal.

^^
It is not able legality. I can today ask you for your documents of address proof. It is not your i-PIN or something. There has to be a reason for it. eBay, half-cocked answer looks so stupid and dumb. And honestly, now things are available elsewhere, eBay India has lost the novelty, and with erroneous practices like this it is getting more dumb. Those replies sent to the OP from eBay, sound like "the world is round cause it is".....pathetic. And the way they are mentioning, they will suspend the account, as if he will be deported.

^^
It is not able legality. I can today ask you for your documents of address proof. It is not your i-PIN or something. There has to be a reason for it. eBay, half-cocked answer looks so stupid and dumb. And honestly, now things are available elsewhere, eBay India has lost the novelty, and with erroneous practices like this it is getting more dumb. Those replies sent to the OP from eBay, sound like "the world is round cause it is".....pathetic. And the way they are mentioning, they will suspend the account, as if he will be deported.

For a outfit (it does not qualify as a company in my books) that has been operational for more than a decade, not knowing how to check its own logs and events is a pathetic thing. I know ebay is a big company but then it should be able to provide support as well.

My friend had given my address as a shipping address coz he wanted to buy something urgently and was gonna go out of town and no one would be there to receive the package.
He has changed his shipping address in his profile. I will wait and watch as to what happens.

Now I am not sure if this is the reason that my account was suspended. But I will persist and keep on pestering ebay till they give me a correct reason for suspending my account.

Hoping ebay gets their act together.

ebay is acting like a self righteous b****. Seriously, ebay has lost its charms.
With several others platforms like shopclues and HS18 providing good deals and coupons, there is hardly any reason to bye through ebay except for the super super 'rare' items which are not available from other sources.
I also wonder what has ebay got to do if they find duplicate addresses, dont people live in shared accommodation. Isn't eBay getting their cut from the seller. I can't see where is it loosing.

The same thing happened with me and i did not get answer.I had an account with 25+ transactions.The one thing i did was complain about a seller not giving me a product on time and after that my account was suspended.Did escalate the matter but never got a clear answer from them. So created another account.

The same thing happened with me and i did not get answer.I had an account with 25+ transactions.The one thing i did was complain about a seller not giving me a product on time and after that my account was suspended.Did escalate the matter but never got a clear answer from them. So created another account.

Was that seller by any chance cart2india ???

It will be an insult to monkeys, if you call the people running ebay as monkeys. They are bunch of bubble headed idiots (acting as if they are omnipotent).

OP: send them a notice asking them to clearly give the specific reasons for suspending your account. If they are doing it without giving a specific reason or denies to give you the reason (citing their policy), its illegal.

actually when agreeing to their terms of services.. its mentioned, that they can suspend our account anytime and may not provide reason.. so legally its not possible to accuse them.. but its surely amoral behavior. atleast we have the right to know

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, they even banned my 100% feedback rating power seller account without specifying reason. twice! what can we expect from them.. :(

So you give a -VE rating, and they set up an inquiry commission against your account. Sounds like our government. Ha ha.

actually when agreeing to their terms of services.. its mentioned, that they can suspend our account anytime and may not provide reason.. so legally its not possible to accuse them.. but its surely amoral behavior. atleast we have the right to know

- - - Updated - - -
Legally its not correct to tell that we will cancel the agreement without telling a valid reason to you. (even if they tell the same in their agreement or whatever, its not legally valid).
If their stand is that the customer had breached the agreement entered, so we are cancelling the agreement entered, they are duty bound to tell that which specific part of agreement is breached by the customer.
Once a customer registers an account, he is entering into an agreement. That agreement binds both (ebay and the customer), ebay can not suspend/cancel the agreement to their whims and fancies unilaterally.

Unfortunately, no one had taken them to court in this aspect and taught them to respect the laws of the land.
What ebay tries to do here is, trying to enact their own laws surpassing all the laws of the land and making their customers abide by their laws (without any respect to the consumer and other laws in India).

Back