Ebay Global easy buy

I have been monitoring this scheme from Ebay.in, and toady they seem to have DOUBLED :mad: :( the shipping charges! So, a laptop costing 30K, which used to have shipping charges of about 5.5K till yesterday, now has them as 11K+. Isn't that ridiculous? And it is not only for larger items, even smaller items like MP3 players, have more then double shipping charges now.

Is that is the final nail in its coffin then?

Today, I received a call from Ebay India. They must have noticed that I did quite a few searches on the Ebay Global Easy buy, but did not actually buy anything! I told them that the initiative is good, but price including shipping from US + customs is way higher than what I would get from "other" avenues. I don't think my feedback is going to change anything, but wanted to share this experience.

coolraghav said:
I buy mostly stuff from ebay.com and find dealers who are located in HK.

Most of them provide free or very cheap shipping...its just the way you search.

and paypal works sexily !

I agree, but sometimes dealers dont ship internationally. Happened to me! I found a parcel forwarding service called Shipito. They helped me buy from one of the US online stores that needed an international credit card (which i didnt have), so that was great plus they were cheap with regards to international shipping. Try them once, you might like them!

coolraghav said:
I buy mostly stuff from ebay.com and find dealers who are located in HK.

Most of them provide free or very cheap shipping...its just the way you search.

and paypal works sexily !

Can you give id of that HK seller shipping stuff to India?

Even, I bought most of the accessories from HK Sellers. There are plenty of them and in your search criteria, select shipping Woldwide and you get a whole lot. Based on the item that you are buying, you can find many sellers.

Back