eBay India - Coupons & Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is not the right thread.

I had ordered a laptop from ebay.in and it was shipped from outside Mumbai to my Mumbai address. The laptop cost was something like 23.5 K inc shipping. It was couriered by Bluedart. Today i was supposed to receive delivery but it did not and when i called them i got to know that i need to pay octroi on the laptop when it is delivered.
The charges are somewhere around 1413.xx Rs. I actually did not expect octroi being slapped but i cannot complain much since the ebay website and the seller too had mentioned that octroi might be applicable.
Is this normal. Sorry if i sound dumb and complaining.

I think i will need to consider the octroi part too the next time i order something from ebay.

Is the octroi in effect when we order from HS18, Infibeam, amazon.in (non amazon fulfilled) etc?

Sorry if this is not the right thread.

I had ordered a laptop from ebay.in and it was shipped from outside Mumbai to my Mumbai address. The laptop cost was something like 23.5 K inc shipping. It was couriered by Bluedart. Today i was supposed to receive delivery but it did not and when i called them i got to know that i need to pay octroi on the laptop when it is delivered.
The charges are somewhere around 1413.xx Rs. I actually did not expect octroi being slapped but i cannot complain much since the ebay website and the seller too had mentioned that octroi might be applicable.
Is this normal. Sorry if i sound dumb and complaining.

I think i will need to consider the octroi part too the next time i order something from ebay.

Is the octroi in effect when we order from HS18, Infibeam, amazon.in (non amazon fulfilled) etc?
AFAIK anything new that comes into mumbai, except those carried by a person for his own use, is applicable for octroi... Thats my understanding... Others correct me if am wrong..

AFAIK anything new that comes into mumbai, except those carried by a person for his own use, is applicable for octroi... Thats my understanding... Others correct me if am wrong..

I have ordered many stuffs from ebay including high value ones but never paid octroi.Maybe its on luck.

Dunno where to ask hence asking here
Anyone coming from US ?? Need to get a part for my phone which I cant source in India. Will pay promptly before hand.

I want 25% coupon.Can anybody help?[DOUBLEPOST=1376666352][/DOUBLEPOST]urgent. Somebody reply

Last edited:
Sorry haven't seem them for a long time. Max is 10% and that too very rare.
It is on Fashion Brand category only. ebay sent today and yesterday to newly registered users. Check you email if you have. Please help.

^ post in general talk. You will get more replies there. Ebay is going easy on coupons nowadays so hardly anyone visits this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back