eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling on ebay would not be a great idea , because ebay would charge you over 13-14% for a thing like saffron
1. 4.5% paisapay fees
2. 7% listing fees (everything else category)
3. 12.36% Govt. Tax on the total of above 2.

You can try selling on sites like shopclues , or even TE.
the only reason for choosing e-bay is larger target buyers .
shopclues would also charge you a certain % (i have no idea how much , but its got to be lower than ebay)
and TE is free :)

PS: 500/- for how much saffron , i might be interested in getting some too :D

Wow, This page has too much of detail to digest in 5 mints.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html
Per box - 500 Rs
4.5% paisapay fees - 22.50 Rs
7% listing fees (everything else category) - 35 Rs
12.36% Govt. Tax on the total of above 2. = 7 Rs
Total - 564.50 Rs + Shipping extra
Is the calculation right ?
Do we get any benefit on shipping ? I mean bulk deal from DTDC etc. ?

Sorry not Saffron, Its Kesar mangoes :)

^^ you need to add all those ebay charges + taxes to the shipping charges part too (as you will be collecting it also through ebay payment gateway).
Check ebay's powership option, they provide competitive rate if shipped through powership.

@eXperience thnx for the prompt reply but it says "it could not be used now try another voucher/coupon". i am using HDFC credit card. if u could help here.

@eXperience thnx for the prompt reply but it says "it could not be used now try another voucher/coupon". i am using HDFC credit card. if u could help here.

What are you trying to purchase dear?
Discount doesn't work with products already on sale.

exactly . I have been duped off of 14000 rupees on ebay ,
I personally hate it as a seller , there is no seller guarantee in that "ebay guarantee" .
I had sold a brand new locked iphone 3gs (i mentioned in the listing that it is locked) and the buyer messed it up real bad trying to unlock it , and after 15 days he told ebay that he is not satisfied with the product recieved ,but dint tell any one that he meesed it up.
Ebay told me to take it back , having no idea about phone's condition , i had to agree (also they left me with no choice , they said you have to take it back , thank you for your time and cut the phone )
when i recieved it it was scratchless and still brand new but messed up beyond repair .
i had to sell it for parts in grey market for 2k :(

Oh that's really bad. But what was the reason the buyer gave for returning the item? I guess you have the right to ask the exact reason. You have a conference call with the buyer and the claim adjuster too . The buyer simply can't return the item just cause he doesn't like it.

All purchases by eligible buyers that meet these conditions and do not fall within an exclusion or coverage limitation are covered by the eBay Buyer Protection Policy. Please note that the eBay Buyer Protection Policy applies only to the transaction—it is not a product warranty of any kind or a solution for buyer's remorse. The eBay Buyer Protection Policy is subject to all of the terms and conditions of eBay.com
I sold a phone on eBay, and the buyer raised a claim (it was a CDMA phone, registered and ready to activate on Reliance) saying he can't get it to work. I had explained the procedure very clearly through eBay messages and over the phone, but he was not ready to follow it. I explained the entire thing to the claim adjuster and finally it was resolved in my favour ie the seller.

Oh that's really bad. But what was the reason the buyer gave for returning the item? I guess you have the right to ask the exact reason. You have a conference call with the buyer and the claim adjuster too . The buyer simply can't return the item just cause he doesn't like it.

I sold a phone on eBay, and the buyer raised a claim (it was a CDMA phone, registered and ready to activate on Reliance) saying he can't get it to work. I had explained the procedure very clearly through eBay messages and over the phone, but he was not ready to follow it. I explained the entire thing to the claim adjuster and finally it was resolved in my favour ie the seller.

Ah i see.
Yes i got a conference call and claim was settled on his favor .
Never mind, Its the past , i don't like talking about it , makes me sad somehow :/

As per my experience phones with manufacturers warranty go in favor of seller whereas without warranty in favour of buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back