Edifier c3

Before I start writing about my first impression on the Edifier c3 I want to tell you guys that I am not much of a audiophile or a technical guy I am sorry if I miss something or I get something wrong feel free to correct me.

On joining TE I came across various sections but the one which appealed me most was the audio section and the various show off threats for their hi-def head phones & ear phones ,TE having NuForce reviews on its home page ,the mx5021 modification threat all made me develop interest in getting a good speaker system, I do own a creative 5.1, soundmagic pl11 and Sennheiser hd202 but none of them gave me the quality of sound I desired so after some research work I decided to go for mx5021 but as because of the unavailability of that model I was disappointed so my next choice was between

Logitech z2300 or Edifier C3 , again some research made me draw a conclusion that z2300 was more for Boomy stuff and games while the performance was not that impressive in soft music and on the other hand edifier was not reviewed by much.

So decided to risk and go for edifier and here goes the review

Firstly to start with the box content , technical details and features

Box Contents

2 satellite speakers (with cable)

Subwoofer (with cable)

Power adaptor

Wireless IR volume controller

3.5mm stereo to RCA connector cable

User manual

Some brochures

Product Features

8' subwoofer driver

Vented housing with port on side wall

2-way satellite with 3' mid-range, and 3/4' tweeter unit with silk diaphragm

Complete wooden structure for all speakers

12mm MDF for sub and 9mm MDF for satellites

Passive speakers with external amplifier

Revolutionary voltage regulator circuitry to enable high VS for amplifiers and get best of the chips

Digital volume controller, MCU for master volume, EQ control

Both 3.5mm and stereo RCA inputs available

IR remote controller with STBY/ON, master volume control, bass/treble trimmer, input selector

Technical Details

Total Power Output: RMS 8W x 2 + 30W

8" Woofer Driver Unit

3.5" Mid-range Driver Unit

13mm, silk diaphragm

As I had got the speakers delivered home and on receiving the box I was shocked looking at the size and weight as they seemed to be relatively small in the pics I saw before buying. They must be weighing in between 15-20 kgs .

As I started unboxing the first thing which caught my attention was the classy looking satellite speaker with a wooden frame. The design and built quality of these speakers easily matched the design of speakers costing 2 to 3 times more . The presence of a separate amp gave me the freedom of placing the subwoofer to my convenience in addition the presence of a headphone jack , an aux in , cd in and remote control as well was icing on the cake.

As these speakers were a major upgrade for me from my 2 and half year old creative 5.1 I actually could feel the difference each and every note was way more precise and clear . The highs and lows sounded perfect

The question being will the 8w * 2 satellite + 30 w Sub be able to generate enough power for a medium sized room .

People do underestimate its power looking at the stats but with a 8” wide sub woofer the 30 w of rms just feels perfectly suited they are not very loud (by saying very loud I am comparing them to z2300) but are sufficient enough to host a house party or probably disturb your neighbors.

The pros

1. Perfect sounding speakers

2. Build Quality

3. Separate amplifier

4. Remote control,aux in,cd in & head phone jack

The cons

1. The connecting wire and the wooden frame of the speakers make it fragile and difficult to move around

2. Orange led around volume control did personally annoy me

3. Just 6 months of warranty

DAMAGE

People did buy these speakers for about 4k last year but I did try many dealers and all claimed the price had increased and all were quoting 6.8k but luckily one of them game for 6.1 k but after hearing them I did not mind paying this much.

I highly recommend these speakers because of their quality and value for money .

Thanking all the TE members for being so active and helpful.

Regards,

Aakash

Hi aaa,
Welcome to the club of Edifier c3 owners. I brought them about a month back from hyderabad and they had costed me 5400/-. I am very happy with them, I am a singer and mix karaoke tracks at home using Yamaha's MW 10c mixer and was on a look out for a good 2.1 speaker system with decent mid range in a limited budget. Thw C3 fulfills it very much!!!
Srinivas.
P. S what are the GLock doing in your avatar picture!!

ya sri perfect for mid range im loving them too ..

Glock really fond of it , hopefully will own one someday !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

That totally depends on you for me 25 seems to be perfect

These are good speakers. God knows why the price shot to double! A friend got these for 4k last to last year now they are 7k+ in gurgaon.

Rockfella said:
These are good speakers. God knows why the price shot to double! A friend got these for 4k last to last year now they are 7k+ in gurgaon.
Considering onion price of last year this increase is justified.:bleh:

I myself got edifier C2 few months back and I must say edifier makes really good VFM speakers and are more foucussed on clarity and SQ rather than just boom boom which other companies strike for.

By the way which sound card are you using? You had proper burn-in time? My C2's bass improved a lot after burn-in

With the MX5021 not in production any more , I guess this would be the best speakers to get for a budget under 6-7k ! :)

the demand for C2 and C3's went so high that Edifier people increased the price for C3 knowing C2 is an older and lower model than C3, making C2 an entry level speaker and C3 a mid range speaker.

I personally bought the DA5000 pro and have to say that woofer is almost as big as a mini chair... and the sound is purely awesome... absolute clarity and punchy bass in movies when its needed. No hissing sounds whatsoever. Sometimes watching some 720p TV shows, I almost had to say that I never heard that sound in this video before... mids are that much impressive and prominent.

We have a new winner company on the block.

And yeah.. Edifier's have 1 year on-site warranty.

the warranty is actually 1 year, i got this confirmed before i got my S550 a month back. The price of Edifier products has gone up recently coz the company increased the MRP of all its products.

Back