Electric Roti Maker

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
May 26, 2007
I am thinking to by one ElectricRoti Maker. If any user please share experience and suggest any particular model of electric roti maker.

We equally eat rice and rotis. But many a times I end up making rice as its easier to make

dpandey

Adept
Jul 11, 2010
Bangalore
If kneading is a problem (i find it the most annoying part of roti making), get an electric dough kneader. Much cheaper.

IIRC, I have even seen hand operated machine for pressing rotis.

I will stay away from a fully automatic cooking machines at home. I stopped using my meat mincer because I hated cleaning it after every use. Maybe ok in commercial setups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilroyquasar

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
May 26, 2007
If kneading is a problem (i find it the most annoying part of roti making), get an electric dough kneader. Much cheaper.

IIRC, I have even seen hand operated machine for pressing rotis.

I will stay away from a fully automatic cooking machines at home. I stopped using my meat mincer because I hated cleaning it after every use. Maybe ok in commercial setups.
kneading is not an issue. Want to save time and make the process easier.

Reactions: Kilroyquasar

chyawanprash

Disciple
Feb 22, 2023
kneading is not an issue. Want to save time and make the process easier.
The most boring and unsatisfactory part of the whole process is to roll the dough balls into flat, round rotis. Buy a manual press which takes care of only this part.

altair21

Adept
Feb 27, 2023
I am assuming you meant a stand mixer, do you have one? I was looking into KitchenAid but the prices here are just crazy,