PC Peripherals electric shocks when i touch CM 690 case

Originally Posted by ragsbava

get a wire insert it in the earth socket n tie the other end to a water pipe line outta your house

This thing is dangerous and illegal by electricity/Municipal board .Never try this. Further if he is suggesting earthing like thing then adopt proper procedure for earthing with copper plate ,stripes and 20 feet digging.It will cost you near about 10k .With concern to your shock problem call electrician for fixing reversed ground of house.He will test your spike guard and UPS for proper wiring also.

sangram said:
I hope you have fun when a loved one touches it and dies or is seriously injured. I don't even know why I post around here anymore, with everybody dropping in unsafe and unrecommended advice without a second thought.

ELECTRICITY IS DANGEROUS, GET IN INTO YOUR HEADS!!!!!! DON'T PLAY WITH IT!!! IT'S NOT A GODDAMN TOY!!!!

Looks like no one is listening unless I shout. You can get this forum into serious trouble if someone finds it - do you know this kind of thing can be used as evidence to show recklessness and endangerment? Do you know serious engineering forums would lock down this thread after the first post itself, since mains is NOT meant to be discussed in an open forum, only trained engineers would handle it??

CAN YOU PLEASE EDIT YOUR GODDAMN POST!!!!

This is getting more and more ridiculous. I hope one of you reports this post. I don't mind being banned if this kind of stupidity and carelessness is what Techenclave has come to.

its these kinda of informative posts that form the very essence of a good community. its only when such (however seemingly) ridiculous ideas come out in the open for discussion that a counter argument/discussion clears up a lot of myths/wrong doings.

Keep the posts flowing in mate :hap2:

Call the electrician and fix the earthing problem. Not only the PC, appliances like the washing machine can also give you electric shocks due to improper/lack of earthing.

"its these kinda of informative posts that form the very essence of a good community. its only when such (however seemingly) ridiculous ideas come out in the open for discussion that a counter argument/discussion clears up a lot of myths/wrong doings."

Good point:)

UPDATE-

Guys, thanks for all the advice. I got the grounding fixed and up and now all is ok! No shocks, and the spike showing live and ground correctly!

Back