Electric toothbrush

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
For some reason I have been really interested in Electric Toothbrushes lately and want to try one.
I checked online the start from 300rs all the way up to 6000rs. I have no idea which one should I buy.

If anyone uses Electric Toothbrush please tell me your experience and which one should I buy.
Budget is 1500rs.

There are some basic things to know about them before you buy one; there are two types - those that oscillate their bristles (Oral B), and those that vibrate (Phillips Sonicare).
The type that appeals to you is completely a personal choice. Both are well reviewed and known to work well for cleaning, although the best toothbrush is the one that you use best.

If you go the oral B route like I have, the biggest difference among handles will be how fast they oscillate. A higher number here is better. Everything else is useless marketing (lights, colors, screens, etc.). You don't need any of that because it's redundant to the timers handles have built into them, where they momentarily pause every 30 seconds to indicate that you should brush the next quadrant of your mouth.

Note that these brushes tend to be 'buy it for life' products. I've seen people use the same handle for 15+ years, and even the cheapest one oral b sells is made well.
I'd recommend buying a lighter color handle though, because there's a well-documented problem with these handles developing mold over time. Buying a black handle would leave you oblivious to it if you have the issue, and you'd never know to clean it. A good way to avoid mold is to keep the head separate from the handle when you're not using it. I 3d printed a stand to hold the handle securely, although it's able to stand up on its own just fine.

Finally, I'd warn you against third party brush heads. I tried buying a pack from a seller named 'Maycreate' on amazon, and they were significantly cheaper. I use the word 'cheaper' in both its senses; the brushheads wore down extremely quick, and developed a groove along their path of rotation such that they no longer stayed straight while rotating. I think Oral B's official brush heads are way better.

For some reason I have been really interested in Electric Toothbrushes lately and want to try one.
I checked online the start from 300rs all the way up to 6000rs. I have no idea which one should I buy.

If anyone uses Electric Toothbrush please tell me your experience and which one should I buy.
Budget is 1500rs.
This is the one I use. Works great:

Also interested in this, and would like recommendations for water flosser as well, intend to buy both.

I use this water flosser:

Oral B and agaro both seems like good option, but the agaro one comes with a lot of attachments, is it really gonna be worth it ?
Since I'm a complete noob about these brushes. Which one should be the obvious choice ?

Oral B and agaro both seems like good option, but the agaro one comes with a lot of attachments, is it really gonna be worth it ?
Since I'm a complete noob about these brushes. Which one should be the obvious choice ?
The Agaro comes with identical brush heads (+ 1 interdental heard for cleaning in-between your teeth), which you will need to change every 3 months. Saves you from buying more sooner.

From the mechanism points of view, Oral B rotating head looks to be better.
Have you seen paint/polish detailing tool, usually they are rotating types because brushes work on surfaces the best that way (by "brushing" across, not by touching and staying at one location)

From the mechanism points of view, Oral B rotating head looks to be better.
Have you seen paint/polish detailing tool, usually they are rotating types because brushes work on surfaces the best that way (by "brushing" across, not by touching and staying at one location)
yeah rotating brush does seems better than a vibrating one.
would need to ask someone who have used both.

I've used both, and I generally prefer the rotating head on my oral b unit (hence why that's the one I use normally). I've had a very good clean from both types though. I think it is more of a preference/personal choice than a true black and white difference.

I think the oscillating head does a better job of cleaning along the edges of teeth, which is the main area you're trying to clean with precision. Oral B's brush heads have bunches of raised bristles on the edges which fall into the grooves and clean them better than a manual toothbrush which I'd usually swipe side to side and completely miss the grooves. With that said, I think a vibrating one would do the same thing as long as you're using it correctly.

I've used both, and I generally prefer the rotating head on my oral b unit (hence why that's the one I use normally). I've had a very good clean from both types though. I think it is more of a preference/personal choice than a true black and white difference.

I think the oscillating head does a better job of cleaning along the edges of teeth, which is the main area you're trying to clean with precision. Oral B's brush heads have bunches of raised bristles on the edges which fall into the grooves and clean them better than a manual toothbrush which I'd usually swipe side to side and completely miss the grooves. With that said, I think a vibrating one would do the same thing as long as you're using it correctly.
That's helped a lot. I guess I will start with Oral B one. Thanks everyone

We have been using the Oral B crossfit in our family for close to 3 years now. Very happy with the dental results. One of them went kaput after 2 years but rest still working fine.

Now replacement heads are available very cheaply in india too.

Toothbrush: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07L4P1RDG

Replacement heads

I was using a similar brush from Oral B from around 2003 to 2015 (used to import the heads from the US when colleagues visited there). It was great feeling the teeth were clean and the 30-second timer was a good indicator to not brush too long. Around 2015, I visited a dentist for a checkup and the first question he asked me was if I was using an electric toothbrush. Most of my tooth enamel was gone due to the electric brush. Since then I switched back to the good old manual toothbrushes.

I use a manual toothbrush and get scaling done every 6 months at my dentist. That way, I ensure my teeth are healthy even if I might not be brushing them properly.

I was using a similar brush from Oral B from around 2003 to 2015 (used to import the heads from the US when colleagues visited there). It was great feeling the teeth were clean and the 30-second timer was a good indicator to not brush too long. Around 2015, I visited a dentist for a checkup and the first question he asked me was if I was using an electric toothbrush. Most of my tooth enamel was gone due to the electric brush. Since then I switched back to the good old manual toothbrushes.
Oh man! do I need to research electric vs manual toothbrushes now? Why does everything have to be such a rabbit hole

now this makes me question if I should go for an electric toothbrush or not.

Which toothpaste were you using along with the electronic brush?
Matters a lot since the brush bristles (super soft) on their own cannot wear down the tooth enamel (extremely hard).

E.g. the rocks that are worn down by "water", are not really worn down by water but by the sediments in the water (or by continuous bumping into another rock).

Which toothpaste were you using along with the electronic brush?
Matters a lot since the brush bristles (super soft) on their own cannot wear down the tooth enamel (extremely hard).

E.g. the rocks that are worn down by "water", are not really worn down by water but by the sediments in the water (or by continuous bumping into another rock).
I don't remember now. In those days it was mostly Colgate Total and other Colgate toothpastes. Later I moved on to sensitive toothpastes like Sensodyne.

I don't remember now. In those days it was mostly Colgate Total and other Colgate toothpastes. Later I moved on to sensitive toothpastes like Sensodyne.
Strange since Colgate and other MNCs usually have very fine particle size. Wearing down / enamel erosion issue is mostly with indigenous companies (like Dabur & Patanjali) which manufacture coarser pastes. The transparent gel types are less abrasive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_abrasion#Relative_dentin_abrasivity

In my opinion it boils down to: how coarse the grit size is X how long you intend to "polish" the teeth.
Electronic brushes can go on forever, hence one must use finer grit sized toothpastes (transparent gel, or even no toothpaste sometimes)

now this makes me question if I should go for an electric toothbrush or not.
the guy was probably going to hard on his teeth ,don't apply too much pressure and you will be fine ,also i will recommend you to avoid oral b (i have one) their charging time is really long ,no charge indicator,and bare bone functionality ,try Philips sonicare

the guy was probably going to hard on his teeth ,don't apply too much pressure and you will be fine ,also i will recommend you to avoid oral b (i have one) their charging time is really long ,no charge indicator,and bare bone functionality ,try Philips sonicare
thanks bro, will look at the phillips sonicare.

Back