Electricity prices

is BLDC Fan at Speed 5 provides same level of Air flow/throw as Regular Ceiling Fan?

The BLDC fan most probably will use at place where high voltage/low voltage/power cut is going on day to day and on regular basis.
It depends on the fan its being compared to, they can match fans upto 60 watt rated and exceed 55watt energy efficient regular fans.
It all depend on the blade design more then the rpm. Atomberg Aris BLDC fan for example had less air flow then the Orient Aeroquiet BLDC. I had both the regular aero quiet and the BLDC version both had same airflow. But the orient BLDC fans of older gen where not reliable, they have now bumped up the warranty with a slightly different pcb.

Even DCR panels the current price is matching the price during 2020 when the price was the lowest before anti dumping tarrifs. After covid the price of panels both imported and made in India shot up to 2016 levels. Its now back to low price, obviously Chinese prices will be cheaper.

A through research paper on Indian solar competitiveness vs Chinese solar concluded that Made in India panels aka Modules with Made in India solar cells will still cost 10% to 20% more than chinese panels. They cite the lower capital cost in China and cheaper power for Chinese advantage, while India only advantage is even cheaper labor cost. They suggest the India panel makers to start producing power to power their own plants to get the price difference to less than 10%.
Please share a link to the paper, will go through it. The last I checked cost per watt in China is 9-11 cents. Cost per watt in India for Non-DCR is 17-18 cents It is higher for DCR panels at 20-24 cents. Our installed capacity expansion would have been much quicker in the domstic sector if constraints were not imposed. We as a country are unable to provide 24x7 reliable power even in Tier 1 cities. These tariff, non tariff barriers, policy flipflops are doing more harm than good.
This year lot of new plants with Top Con are coming up in India including cell level production, while Reliance is going for the more expensive but technologically better HJt panels. So expect price to further fall in relation to the current price and gap will narrow down to china, the thing is China is investing even more, so they will always maintain the price edge. But India currently is second best.
Our module manufacturing is highly reliant on machines imported from China. They imposed restriction on export of state of art machines a while ago, so I am not sure that the catching up will happen anytime soon. China will reach volume production of IBC (Interdigited Back Contact) moudles by the end of this year. We are yet to reach volume production of TOPCon modules, our manufactureres have just started showcasing 210mm / M10 M12 TOPCon modules at events.

Please share a link to the paper, will go through it. The last I checked cost per watt in China is 9-11 cents. Cost per watt in India for Non-DCR is 17-18 cents It is higher for DCR panels at 20-24 cents. Our installed capacity expansion would have been much quicker in the domstic sector if constraints were not imposed.

Cannot find that research paper in my browsing history anymore, But if I remember correctly it was about India solar panel exports vs chinese panel exports prices, whether India can be competitive against the Chinese.
They took into factor the available technologies PERC, TOPCON and HJT. They recommended India makers to go for Topcon, since it was the easiest in terms of upgrading from current PERC for CAPEX and OPEX. While reliance was the only company in India going for the HJT, since they are starting fresh.
We need exports to get volumes and economies of scale up. For roof top solar, unfortunately in cities lot of people who can afford solar leave in apartments.

We as a country are unable to provide 24x7 reliable power even in Tier 1 cities. These tariff, non tariff barriers, policy flipflops are doing more harm than good.
Unfortunately in Tier 1 cities not having reliable power is due to ESCOMs shoddy maintenance. My street connected to a particular feeder transformer always has power cuts at least 3 times a week, even if its for few minutes. But the street back of mine which is connected to a different transformer, rarely has any power cuts. The power cuts in their street is so rare that no one has invested in inverter. Where as almost everyone in my street has them. This is because the transformer powering my street also powers other areas where the houses are all tiny with lot of power thefts and overhead wires going to those tiny houses.

Our module manufacturing is highly reliant on machines imported from China. They imposed restriction on export of state of art machines a while ago, so I am not sure that the catching up will happen anytime soon. China will reach volume production of IBC (Interdigited Back Contact) moudles by the end of this year. We are yet to reach volume production of TOPCon modules, our manufactureres have just started showcasing 210mm / M10 M12 TOPCon modules at events.
As far as machines, they are easily available and there is no restrictions. Reliance bought the machines recently from China.
My former neighbor is making Solar cells later this year and has ramped up solar module production. So there is no shortage of machines.

@6pack any input by you on BLDC Fan (installation & protection), as your place too have all sort of Electricity Issue and you have BLDC Ceiling fan right?
I didn't don't have any sort of surge protection right now for my home. I regularly get around 250V voltage throughout the day. Inverter or any voltage cutoff device is useless in such scenario. I was searching for whole house 2 pole SPD device but didn't find anything cheap on Amazon. There is just an RCCB but doubt it will do anything for surge coming from outside. It's probably luck that my atomberg fan is still working properly even now. I think it's speed became a bit low or temps have become lot higher than before.

Back