Encounter with Noobs !!!!

Ok, there is this guy who was asking in a forum whether he should get "A 1 GB graphics Card or instead a 2 GB of RAM? "
I felt like @#%@%@#%%#$^&

I face many noobs.... will tell that later.

But this is what I done have back then when I got new computer(I was 13):-
-I had game Beach Head in my computer.
-It worked when i double clicked on the Beach Head icon:p
-I saw rest of files in game folder take up too much space.
-I deleted the other file & then double clicked Beach Head icon.....it wasn't working:rofl:
This is incident when I was new to computers(during same period as above)
- I knowed recycle bin stores deleted files before permanantly deleting.
- I didn't knowed upto how much sapce item deleted can be stored in computer
- I got some nice collection of movies.
-I wanted to fool my friend. So, in front of him I deleted all movies I had.
- Then I turned to recycle bin, only to know that I was pawned:cry:

This is incident when I was new to computers(during same period as above)
-I was viewing properties of an folder.
-I just tried clicking on hidden & said Ok.
- after that all files were missing, n I was crying.

#
This is incident happend the second day I got new computer
-I wanted to see all components of computer.
-So, the day after I got a computer, I opened & saw all thing.
-I decided to pull out things.
-So, I took marker pen and wrote all info. what it is connected to(like on IDE cable 'to H.D.D'. I knowed atleast what is HDD,ROM,RAM,mobo,etc that time) on cables.
-All cables were labeled.
^Hmm....this incident might be considered as clever on rather than noobish IMO.
These are n00bish things I did back then. But, they have helped me to Improve.:)
I have damaged(wasted) a Tape recorder, Dad's watch, Lamp, RC cars, Speaker set, n some others.
reason:- Out of curiosity, I was like just opening everything & peeking inside it. That way I made valuable watch, Tape recorder gone bad.:p(well, I am the same curious person now, but don't damage things anymore:eek:hyeah::) )
ohhh..........It seems I am going OT.

----Lol, this happened when i was in 4th standard.. I started using computers in 2nd or 3rd std mostly, firstly I was using it to play games like Dave, Pop, Allaudin etc etc.. no high graphics games @ all.. Then I took interest in exploring files, I got knowledge about HDD space then.. I wanted to free all the space inside it.. so I started deleting the folders that I dont use or never saw.. then went to Windows folder and deleted many things, as usual PC gave problems and my dad had to reinstall it :bleh:

---One another incidence.. I had a game NBA'98 DEMO :p, my friend saw that game, He wanted that game, that time I had only a CD-ROM.. So I took floppy disk and pasted .exe file of game, I didn't ran on his PC but It was mystery to me that, "Why the game is not running?" :ashamed:

-- One more incidence few weeks before.. One friend from my class who's doing Computer Engineering was discussing me about his computer problems. He was complaining, while copying songs, it says not enough space something something.. I told him that your drive must be full, check the properties.. He said he checked and there's free space on drive, I just asked what's your HDD capacity. He told me, "512mb ki HDD hai, bhai abhi 2GB ki nayi la raha hai banglore se" :bleh: :rofl: I was like ROFL...

-Yesterday, I was sitting in a cafe... One girl was sitting on my neighbour PC, she was on phone telling something about her orkut problem that she's facing.. After few minutes of conversation, she given her email id, then very clearly and loudly said, "...and my password is *******." almost everyone was busy in playing games, getting results.. I heard it.. Being a gentleman, i told that girl to change her password and not to reveal it publicly. :bleh:

My laptop wasnt working last week, so I asked my friend who stays with me if his laptop has wi-fi drivers installed.

Him: "mere mein bluetooth hai" (I have bluetooth installed and working)

Me: "abe main wi-fi pooch raha hoon, college mein jisse net chalta tha" (I am asking about wi-fi, we used to connect to the net in college through that)

Him: "mera laptop mein wi-fi bhi bluetooth pe chalta hai" (In my laptop wi-fi also works through bluetooth)

Me: :O :| :rofl:

Apparently in his HP laptop there is only one button to turn on both wi-fi and bluetooth.

Although not a noobie behaviour, back in 1996 when i had a PC, black and white one with windows 3.1 installed in it, i used to play solatire over and over again just to see that card falling effect at the end of game. Because of the processor speed (its was 66 Mhz), the card falling sequence took like 2-3 minutes to complete and i enjoyed it.

Then i got my newer computer in 1999 with windows 98 and there the processor was faster (266 Mhz) and hence this sequence was very fast. I did not like that :eek:hyeah:

^ hehe yeah i agree man, it really looked cool when it was slow!

this was when i was very small, my dad was doing something on the pc and some application was minimized. now i knew how to close with the x button, but i never knew how to minimize. :p i had just opened the application to see what it was. after having a look, i realized i didnt know how to minimize. :p my dad had told me it was important and not to do any keede in it, so i got scared and left the application in restored window. :p

I am searching TRUE all over the market and today I called Tirupati as darky told me to do :)

The salesman asked me what you want. I said I am looking to buy some products just want to confirm the availability . He passed the phone to senior IINM. He asked what you wanted sir.

I told him I am looking to buy Thermalright product named as TRUE. He said thermalright don't have such product named as TRUE :lol: I told him the full form. He said we don't keep newly launched products :rofl:

I was like WTF, if TRUE is newly launched what would if I have asked him about Thermaltake Elemet series case :lol:

well.... when i started using computers... it was for games and sometime music.... i got my frineds Audio CD and copied all CD to my HDD -> Copy and Paste.... i was so happy .... i returned him the CD and told my parents that now without CD we can enjoy the songs.....but there were only .cda files of 1kb size.... :rofl:

The dumbest things you've heard related to computers!!!

I am starting this thread to have some fun! I guess many times we have come across people who make some dumbest statements in regards to computers! Say for example:-

Friend: Well, where can i download Urban Terror? :)

Me: hmm Google search! or i will give u link if u want.. :thumbs:

Friend: Nah! i don't want to download..send it as attachment at my email address blah_blah_blah@gmail.com ...email kar diyo

Me: (faint) :rofl:

Well, for those who don't know, size of Urban Terror Game is 703 MB! and my friend want it as attachment so that he don't have to download it....ROFLLL!! ...And that Friend stands 1st in class and got 100 in computer and I got just 96...

------------

Me: What operating system do you use?

Friend: Pentium 4

Me: Great!

Classmates: It's best! Better than Vista.

Me: (faint) :rofl:

Re: The dumbest things you've heard related to computers!!!

It is not related to computers but it happened in my 4th sem engg.
We had to fax something to bangalore and my lecturer told to take tha xerox of the hard copy to be faxed.
When we asked why, he said that the faxed copy would go to bangalore thru fax, then we wont have any copies left. Thats why.

pradeep200417 said:
It is not related to computers but it happened in my 4th sem engg.
We had to fax something to bangalore and my lecturer told to take tha xerox of the hard copy to be faxed.
When we asked why, he said that the faxed copy would go to bangalore thru fax, then we wont have any copies left. Thats why.

Can't stop my self :rofl:

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Such incidents have happened with me so often, that I cant even remember even a single one now. They are a part and parcel of our lives :p

I face the question "ye dhoond de yaar" almost every week, and I just say "google use karna nahi aata?"

From an interview about Google :)
Journal: which OS you are using
Person1: Google

Cousin Brother: How do burn DVD's?

Me: With a DVD Writer (points towards the drive)

Cousin Brother: But it's so tiny?

Me: So?

Cousin Brother: Where do the Ink Cartridges go?

Me: It uses a laser ray

Cousin Brother: Oh

Me: Shocked & Laughing Secretly

Friend: I got a new machine !!
Me: Sweet... what are the specs ?
Friend: P4 Core 2 Duo, Intel Mobo, 120 GB RAM and 80 GB HDD....
Me: Hang on; 120 GB RAM !!!
Friend: Yes, my machine is bery bery fast.....
Me: *unconscious*

djmykey said:
Friend: I got a new machine !!
Me: Sweet... what are the specs ?
Friend: P4 Core 2 Duo, Intel Mobo, 120 GB RAM and 80 GB HDD....
Me: Hang on; 120 GB RAM !!!
Friend: Yes, my machine is bery bery fast.....
Me: *unconscious*

Felt off my chair :rofl::rofl:

Back