Encounter with Noobs !!!!

^^:rofl: :lmao:

Ok I use to had Connect ?(internet ) few days back, switched to sify, they used to provide ultra low quality modem that used to hang now an then. This made me really pissed with their peripherals, I called the office and since I had already replaced many of 'em I told them that I had enough of this and I want to talk o your higher ups regarding the issue.

I never knew that higher up will be even noobish. He said that magnetic impulse from UPS, monitor can damage the modem. I was like OMFG WTF shit this guy is talking :O

andrew327 said:
Friend : [Takes a close look at PS3 and says] abbe ye Sony ka dvd player hai mere pass bhi sony ka hi DVD player hai sirf yeh remote nahi hai, aaj CD aur remote leke jata hu next sunday de duga.

I cant possibly believe that :tongue::tongue: ....... :hap5::hap5: for god's sake, tell me u're making that up....else I'll commit suicide ..... :bleh::bleh:

H@cKer said:
Many such cases hppen with me.

I told one of my friend that I got a new gaming pc with an 8800gt 512mb and told him that the card costs 14k and he "said arrey maine toh 512mb ka card 3k mein liya,tere koh toh dealer ne loot liya"

I tried to explain him about the difference but he would not listen.

THIS ! i face EVERYDAY !

Kudos to the indian dealers marketing GCs as Ram sticks !

Neotheone said:
I cant possibly believe that :tongue::tongue: ....... :hap5::hap5: for god's sake, tell me u're making that up....else I'll commit suicide ..... :bleh::bleh:

lolz too real to be true, the thing is we have stopped trying to explain things to him, we didn't even told him that the cds are Bluray, as we know what answer we would have got. And he still thinks that his P3 which he bought for 90k when the P3 1ghz was the ultimate and fastest PC ever. He still thinks its the fastest pc and the ultimate part he says all PC applications & games are same if it works on one PC it will work on other too....

One more incident of him i remember when he bought his P3.
We were in college at that time & internet was boom, but we only had those lousy slow dialup connection. And most of you guys would know how much time it used to take to download one mp3 song :bleh:. So this guy takes a new dialup connection and calls me one day.

Friend : Maine aaj 700 mb ka mp3 file download kiya.
Me: WTF, kab kiya, kitna time laga download karne ko ??
Friend: Aaj subha, 15 min mein ho gaya
Me: WTF [I called up one of my friend & we went straight to his place. We asked him show us the file & he showed us 700 odd mb of mp3 and we were shocked, like how can this happen in 15 mins 700 mb downloaded on a dialup. So we asked him from where did he downloaded]
Friend: [Holding a CD in his hand] Yeh CD se download kiya.

We were like teri ma***, chu***ye and gave him a nice beating :eek:hyeah:

I was logging into work, and there is this biometric finger-scanning thingamajingy that you have to place your finger in. I've been doing that forever, and some times, the thing does not recognize no matter what you do. Happened today, so I was trying a few times...
Watchman tells me "doosra ungli daal ke dekho na"
Translation - try placing another finger in there.

sankhadeep said:
in my locality one cyber cafe owner told me "that this game runs only on amd" ...

That's a fu*& off from cyber cafe owners !!!

Uriel said:
I was logging into work, and there is this biometric finger-scanning thingamajingy that you have to place your finger in. I've been doing that forever, and some times, the thing does not recognize no matter what you do. Happened today, so I was trying a few times...

:rofl:

Uriel said:

That would depend on your company policy, how many fingers they scan and save. So your watchman was smart in a way. I have profiled 3 fingers in my laptop scanner, just in case one gets chopped off or if I am eating something from my right hand.

I pity my friend till this day,

The first day on lab ...told him to turn on the PC and he turns on monitor button and waits for PC to start.

This was when once i was troubleshooting some noob guy over telephone in my office... i rectified his problem in a particular application and then told him to logout of the application and login back again... but that guy told me that he has logged out of his system now and was asking for the next step... :mad:

Renegade said:
That would depend on your company policy, how many fingers they scan and save. So your watchman was smart in a way. I have profiled 3 fingers in my laptop scanner, just in case one gets chopped off or if I am eating something from my right hand.
Renegade, having a backup finger to log in would be your last worry if you lost a digit!

Once my friend was trying to cut a file and paste it in recycle bin coz he wanted to delete it.

Another friend bought a 'special' cd rom (as the shopkeeper told him) to play smaller sized cds.

Winter said:
There was this prick at my class who had claimed to have compressed 120 movie DVDs into a 700mb CD & bragged that he had this really expensive software like WinRAR to do it.When we asked him for the CD he promptly denied saying that even one tiny scratch could corrupt all movies.We were so curious that we stayed back during lunch break, opened his backpack in his absence & popped the CD in our lab's DVD Rom.And all that the darn CD had was shit loads of Pr0n in 3gp format.We took his case all day long till he burst into tears.

Lolzz haha:rofl: . Wicked "We took his case all day long till he burst into tears."

^OMG Admin! I didn't lose any digits. Don't like calling the watchman a noob, but the guys who made those finger-scanning things definitely are. There's more to the incident though, a company driver tried all his fingers in succession and declared "it's not working."
@Winter: yeah, sometimes people do make outrageous claims about devices, and it borders on not being funny. A few years ago, back in the floppy days, this was apparently the method to get nude images of anyone:
1) Take the casing of a floppy drive apart
2) Cut out image of person from newspaper
3) Place newspaper clipping back into casing
4) Slide floppy into drive
He claimed to have 100-150 of these!

One funny thing happened just now!

I was chatting with my friend on facebook, here is a transcript(I don't remember the exact, but it went somewhat like this).

She:Hi

ME: hey, what's sup?

She: you told me that you have that French movie "Amélie"?

ME: Ya

She: can you please email it to me?

Me: what! Not possible

She: Please

After that I made several failed attempts in next 50lines or so; explaining her that downloading it from INTERNET via torrents or any other method(http,email,irc,usenet etc) will take same bandwidth. therefore downloading data from any of the above methods would same amount of time.
But she didn't understand a word. worse, got more confused and went away

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

^^ you should have given her the path to that movie in your system and ask her to follow the path..in her computer.

loha hii lohe ko katata hai...!!

This is one of the best threads in this forum.

I was once a total noob too,but thanks to my friends and TE,I am better with computers than what i was.

Thank You TE

In my office one guy was deleting his files on sloaris system using lsf..

when I asked why on lsf?

he said..lsf is really fast ; so all my files will delete fast..:eek:hyeah:

===============

One of the backend support guy was telling everyone not to use hibernate option on laptops as it put lot of stress on RAM and thus RAM will fail. :bleh:

Back