Encounter with Noobs !!!!

Another one from my College.....

Lecturer is busy explaining Computer Graphics subject. He talks about Line drawing algorithms, Circle drawing algorithms etc.,

A Girl from my class asks a serious doubt !!! -> "Sir, we have MS PAINT to do all this.. why do we have to learn all this ? "

Ok another case from my side.

I went to an admin (not system admin just admin) guy for a problem. I asked him to show me the files and where was it kept. This is the path he took

My Computer > E: > Shortcut to D: Drive > Folder..

I was so dumbstruck as to why he went to E: and then clicked on the shortcut to D: drive :rofl:

Gaurish said:
One funny thing happened just now!

I was chatting with my friend on facebook, here is a transcript(I don't remember the exact, but it went somewhat like this).

She:Hi
ME: hey, what's sup?
She: you told me that you have that French movie "Amélie"?
ME: Ya
She: can you please email it to me?
Me: what! Not possible
She: Please

After that I made several failed attempts in next 50lines or so; explaining her that downloading it from INTERNET via torrents or any other method(http,email,irc,usenet etc) will take same bandwidth. therefore downloading data from any of the above methods would same amount of time.
But she didn't understand a word. worse, got more confused and went away

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

never ever try to teach a girl on how to download from torrent :p
after one such incedent i tell them ki "Gmail mein movie upload block kar diya hai:p pen drive do, copy kar deta hoon ;) "

Gaurish said:
One funny thing happened just now!

I was chatting with my friend on facebook, here is a transcript(I don't remember the exact, but it went somewhat like this).

She:Hi
ME: hey, what's sup?
She: you told me that you have that French movie "Amélie"?
ME: Ya
She: can you please email it to me?
Me: what! Not possible
She: Please

After that I made several failed attempts in next 50lines or so; explaining her that downloading it from INTERNET via torrents or any other method(http,email,irc,usenet etc) will take same bandwidth. therefore downloading data from any of the above methods would same amount of time.
But she didn't understand a word. worse, got more confused and went away
Very Similar to my one...
Krazzy Warrior said:
Friend: Well, where can i download Urban Terror? :)
Me: hmm Google search! or i will give u link if u want.. :thumbs:
Friend: Nah! i don't want to download..send it as attachment at my email address blah_blah_blah@gmail.com ...email kar diyo
Me: (faint) :rofl:

Well, for those who don't know, size of Urban Terror Game is 703 MB! and my friend want it as attachment so that he don't have to download it....ROFLLL!! ...And that Friend stands 1st in class and got 100 in computer and I got just 96...

digital_brain said:
never ever try to teach a girl on how to download from torrent :p
after one such incedent i tell them ki "Gmail mein movie upload block kar diya hai:p pen drive do, copy kar deta hoon ;) "

Well that's a prejudiced statement dude. :no: My sister belongs to commerce line and earlier this year when she went to New Zealand and there she wanted to see some Hindi flicks. I told her on Skype, how to get torrents working and by-pass network securities there. Next day, she told me that she've got 2-3 Hindi movies downloaded already. Its just that u should know how to explain them, in their version and they are good to go. :bleh:

I have learnt one thing, never under estimate girls. That being said, never over estimate them either. Basically, don't estimate/judge them at all. :p

Ok this JUST in... I was chatting with a client of mine when he asked me how to install a font. I gave him a link to download the font but that was in rar format. What happened later...

Client: it opens in winrar.. the font i download

Client: i see a .TTF file

Amol: ya that's common.... unrar the file.

Client: how

Amol: lol you don know how to unrar!

Client: no..

Client: i dont think its funny?

Amol: Right click and select extract here

Amol: Well you run a site and hence I though you must be knowing all these things

Client: i click extract without confirmation?

Amol: Check this: http://www.mkyong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/how-to-open-an-iso-image.jpgAmol: you have winrar installed right?

Client: yes

Client: i dont get this

Amol: What do you see when you right click the file?

Amol: Do you see something like 'Extract'?

Client: am i right clicking the .TTF one?

Amol: nope... the .rar file

Last message received on 24th Dec-09 at 11:18PM

I recently upgraded my comp and thought of sharing my happiness with someone... so there was this friend (a software guy) who came to my place and i took pride in showing him my new gaming rig...

i showed him LED fan lit cabby.. with Beefy graphics card, CPU cooler and big power supply... trying to tell him about the techincal mumbo jumbo...

he listened to me very carefully... and then with smile on his face and loads of confidence.. he told me... u wasted money on this... isse accha toh tu PS2 le leta... it hardly cost 5.5k these days.

that was last time i showed my rig to anyone.

There was this ASSistant manager in my company who was getting his PC shifted. He tells the IT dude, "Please shift my monitor as well, since there are icons on my desktop which I need."!!! Hence the emphasis on ASS!! :D

IT Guy: We need to change your monitor; the company is replacing all the CRT monitors to LCD ones.
User: Will it affect my work ??
IT Guy: No not at all.
User: OK then go ahead.
(After monitor is changed the IT Guy is taking away the CRT. The user comes running behind and catches up.
IT Guy: What ?
User: C'mon man you did not allow me to copy data from my monitor !!!!!!

This was a conversation that happened in a software development company.. and the user was a developer.

^^^ LOL...

this encounter happened with my friend.

He was playing with a CD , moving it up and down in the air..

Client : Aisa mat karo, nahi to CD mein virus aa jayega.. :p

This incident happened around 2 years ago..

We [I and some classmates] were about to participate in National level Cartographic competition,..,. In short we called it Map quiz..

We were given a hardcore 1 month training for it, by one of our geographic teacher...
By the end, we grasped enough knowledge that could help us to see and analyze any of the map we are given..
In the end teacher told that in the quiz U will be given a photo of satellite view of any city and then few questions would be asked on it.. this ques. was for sure to come...

we were adviced to look at some satellite maps in internet as preparation..
Few girls tried to act oversmart, saying they will first for sure [at national level]

We went home, did preparation, went next day for competition..

The girls were with some papers, so called maps in their hand..
some one told that they have printed satellite maps...

When we had a look on those printed maps, we got sure who is coming first..
Guess what they were - Road maps of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata...:eek:hyeah::rofl:

ROTM should now be removed and renamed as rotten mystery :pas now our rigs have literally rotten somewhere inside te leading to absence of rig gallery. :bleh::bleh:

Thus a noob will henceforth not search for the same.

Just bumping up an old thread cause after reading all the previous posts, i remembered two of my own incidents....

Had given my SSC exams and during the vacations i worked at a friend's cafe.

There was this 30ish guy working with Reliance Infocomm, who used to visit the cafe daily for his work.

He was a regular and i pretty much never had to assist him in anything.

But then one day, he called out to me saying there was some problem and i was surprised at his desperate tone. I went over and guess what he asks...

" Why is the globe not rotating ??? Is there some problem with your internet connection ?"

He was talking about IE globe on the top right, i was like "Oh man !!!!"

:rofl:

The second one i remember i was sitting at the desk when this middle aged gentleman came knocking.

Me - "Yes sir, what can i do for you"

He - "Haan, mere ko cyber karna hai"

Me - "WTF":O

Back