English TV series discussion

How come nobody talking anything about The Americans?

I know. Not much talk on this show but I feel it certainly is a hidden gem. Having said that I found the last season, season 5, to be a little underwhelming. I completely adore the entire slow burning nature of the show and how the episodes build with time, never once rushing, but the last season just didn't reach a proper climax. Again, that's just how I felt. That being said, I will certainly be tuning in for season 6 next year to see how it all unfolds and wraps up for the KGB duo. Should be interesting, much.

One of the core reasons also for me to watch this show is Keri Russell. The way she portrays a cold, stern and emotionally stoic character in this show completely had me fall in love with her. I recollect having watched her in a show circa 1990's called "Felicity" and that character had such a stark contrast to her playing Elizabeth Jennings in "The Americans". She was in her early twenties then and it's so remarkable to see her grow as an actress over the last two decades.

Last edited:
Loved "The Americans" but their early seasons, later ones bit slowed down for me. Watched on STAR World I guess on TataSky.[DOUBLEPOST=1505733723][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah Keri Russell hasn't aged at all, she is "older" now...

Loved "The Americans" but their early seasons, later ones bit slowed down for me. Watched on STAR World I guess on TataSky.[DOUBLEPOST=1505733723][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah Keri Russell hasn't aged at all, she is "older" now...

Yes, specially the last season was extremely slow barring a couple of episodes at best. All through the season it kept building towards a climatic something but didn't cook itself into a whole lot of deliciousness. The last season has been promised to be more action packed so we'll see. This show has always been about character development and intelligent story telling so it'll be compelling for the followers who have invested their time thus far to see how it all pans out in the end.

Some of my favs... Americans, Westworld, Veep, Homeland... damn I cant remember all of them ... whatever comes on DTH - i dont download coz i dont have the FUP limits.

Some of my favs... Americans, Westworld, Veep, Homeland... damn I cant remember all of them ... whatever comes on DTH - i dont download coz i dont have the FUP limits.

I somehow lost interest in Homeland. Just didn't feel like picking it up again and giving it a watch through. Westworld was brilliant, intriguing from the get go. I need to get around to watching season 3 of Narcos. Just that my schedule has been bamboozled by work but it should ease up. I plan on taking a vacation very soon so long flights and lazy days abroad are perfect for catching up on shows.

Prison Break first season was awesome. During the last part of Season 1, they made it a mess. Further seasons are the same.

I liked it till the end of season 2 IIRC. After that it turned into a galloping mess. I didn't like the recent season as well. To me it seemed like a B-grade action movie at best.

I somehow lost interest in Homeland. Just didn't feel like picking it up again and giving it a watch through. Westworld was brilliant, intriguing from the get go. I need to get around to watching season 3 of Narcos. Just that my schedule has been bamboozled by work but it should ease up. I plan on taking a vacation very soon so long flights and lazy days abroad are perfect for catching up on shows.

Many may disagree but i thought the last season of homeland was friggin kickass!

Yeah Keri Russell hasn't aged at all, she is "older" now...

First time i saw her was in M:i3. There is just something about her...

The americans is a great show but there's also a ton of crappy annoying things about it. Mainly stupid plot bits. Thankfully, Keri is one of the best things about the show. It's almost like her hubby is a fake actor and just there for laughs while she's playing the real rusky spy.

Back