English TV series discussion

Saw last of us first episode. It’s good and feels like we will have a good show if other episodes too maintain atleast this standard.

Who all watching "The Last of Us" ? Is it the best live-action adaptation of a video game in your opinion ?
It’s just one episode. So we can’t say it’s best yet. Will have to see other episodes too. I have hope that it will be great becz of the makers involved. But we have to hope it won’t endup in an alphabet or political turmoil like the 2nd game did.

Watched the 2nd episode of The Last of Us.

The trio of Pedro Pascal, Anna Torv and Bella Ramsey are really good as a team. The acting was smooth and so natural. They are portraying the fungal infested world well and it somehow keeps making me remember The Walking Dead (thanks to watching all 11 seasons of it!). Story so far has been tight and really hoping the show holds it's own because don't want this to just turn into a generic zombie show in the end.

The 'clicking' noise that the infected made in the game, man they nailed that in the show! Brought back some scary memories of how much I feared and hated those dastardly creatures when I played TLoU on the PS3 in 2013!!

whaaaat....? why?

Haven't seen the episode yet..I hate to wait for a week for each episode.
Yeah was excited and was waiting eagerly but when I saw the episode :rolleyes: I was like is it the same series or I've tuned in to walking dead (without the dead), First 5 mins were fine but after that till the end (leaving last couple of min) it was something else.
My first impression was maybe they are the part of the game and would need some kind of back story to formalize the character but it all changed when the episode ended (Since you intend on watching the episode I won't spoil it)
Reported.
Reported to Directors that they should stick to the game version of the series and not spoil it?

Reported to Directors that they should stick to the game version of the series and not spoil it?
Just play the game then. Adaptations are rarely 1:1 compared to source material (including legendary adaptations like The Lord of The Rings) but I don't expect a homophobe to understand it.

Just play the game then. Adaptations are rarely 1:1 compared to source material (including legendary adaptations like The Lord of The Rings) but I don't expect a homophobe to understand it.
I haven't played the game but have only seen couple of videos so have no idea if those characters were present. I shared my opinion so if you don't like thats not my problem.

Back