Ever Heard Of Fivenet???

vishalk

Adept
hi all,

recently i have suscribes to this isp called fivenet and i am getting very awesome bandwidth. i have taken a plan called usc300 where i get 3000mb per month @ upto 8mbps bandwidth and from 11 pm to 9 am i get 512k unlimited downloading time with sundays free @ 512k ul.

i am living in south mumbai and paying 1k+ tax for this plan. i have also been hearing that they have some ftp where ppl can download lan, so if any1 here knows about it please lemme know the address.

i get 3000mb per month @ upto 8mbps bandwidth and from 11 pm to 9 am i get 512k unlimited downloading time with sundays free @ 512k ul.

i am living in south mumbai and paying 1k+ tax for this plan.

Killer plan. Almost a perfect plan. Only if they offered something like 512-1mbps unlm 24hrs.

^ Far from perfect.

Consider the BSNL Home500 plan where you get a 2.5gb limit and 2mbps during the NU period as well.
While here you get 8mbps which is good but kinda moot with a download limit, and which then becomes 512kbps during the NU period.

Not to mention you have to pay twice as much for a capped connection.

Vishal, Is the connection Active?

ive been on my backup conn. for 3 days now. Time to call Bhushan I guess :\.

Could you ping a few IP's for me?

and

Post the results here or meet me at msn na :\...

heh, he forgets to mention the downtimes lol. Effective speed as per data downloaded per month would be less then 256 kbps.. lol

Aces170 said:
heh, he forgets to mention the downtimes lol. Effective speed as per data downloaded per month would be less then 256 kbps.. lol
@Aces, dude i guess since feb 8th the date i have been using the service i guess that very night ppl on igate were out and i was online. i was only down on the same day as u were when there was a fibre break.

secondly, Effective speed as per data downloaded per month would be less then 256 kbps............i dont think so.....

u should give the a try but mind u this is not cheap as igate and spectra is...

saumilsingh said:
^ Far from perfect.

Consider the BSNL Home500 plan where you get a 2.5gb limit and 2mbps during the NU period as well.
While here you get 8mbps which is good but kinda moot with a download limit, and which then becomes 512kbps during the NU period.

Not to mention you have to pay twice as much for a capped connection.
Dude, you don't get BSNL in Mumbai.

@Vishalk: I'm on fivenet too. But your plan seems to be better than mine! I play 1,200 a month for a 512kbps connection. 1GB download limit a month but night unlimited from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. and and Sundays whole day.

Aditya said:
Tracer/Vishal, could you please ping those IP's for me?

and

Please? Thanks :).
i'm at work right now but Adita, I do play Q3 at frag-shack (202.88.131.139) and I get pings between 10-20 ms. :)

i ping u ip i am getting

70-497ms on 203.81.44.244

467-26ms on 202.88.131.139

6ms on 202.63.160.43

By way i don't have Fivenet

i have fabnet i live in dombivili.

if im not mistaken, this is 5qnet, from sylvan......ive this in my hostel.....my friends get this speed for 40bucks a month, nd night unlimited........the day speeds would be 4mbps odd........and night would be anywhere b/w 512 to 1mbps ......this is amazing, unfortunately not available everywhere

phoenix said:
if im not mistaken, this is 5qnet, from sylvan......ive this in my hostel.....my friends get this speed for 40bucks a month, nd night unlimited........the day speeds would be 4mbps odd........and night would be anywhere b/w 512 to 1mbps ......this is amazing, unfortunately not available everywhere
40 bucks a month? lol:no: :hap2:

hi guys,

please donot get fivenet through the no i have mentioned, it belongs to bhushan thakkar a f****d up isp in mumbai, the most sub-standard isp in town.

Back