CPU/Mobo EVGA 780i SLI shows FF error

My EVGA 780i mobo is showing FF code. I checked few sites, it says its related to boot. So here is what I have done-:
1. tried resetting BIOS using jumpers
2. reseated CMOS battery
3. tried reseating graphic card
4. Used different memory. Tried different slots.

can't update BIOS as no display.

Any suggestions or mobo is dead :( . Mobo was purchased from phoenix. Does Tirupati have office in Delhi? Any contact info would be helpful. I only have their mumbai contact no.

Strangly FF stands for "Fully Funtional".....you might want to try this.....

- Switch off the mains to the PC
- Remove CMOS Battery
- Remove RAM
- Keep Power Button Pressed for 5 seconds to get rid of flea power
- Use 1 RAM stick on the MBB
- Connect Power
- Insert CMOS Battery
- Try Starting the PC and get into the BIOS.
- No Go, then try with alternate RAM stick..
- Stil no go , then if u can get into the BIOS bump the RAM ram V to 2.0 from default 1.8 and check.
- Still no go , reset the CPU
- Still no go, RMA board.

While u do all of this make sure , no hdd / cd rom / dvd drive / add on pci cards are present on the system.

Remotely do check the PSU too....does the PC "beep" ? It might be the 4 / 8 pin connector thats goes from the psu to the board , if u have a different one , try that.

@ Hanzy I have tried most of the steps you mentioned. Will try a different PSU tomorrow.

@ Roboghost already tried diff grfx cards. System doesnot even beep after removing the RAM. no light on the k/b and mouse and k/b either :(

[quote name='kooabs03']@ Hanzy I have tried most of the steps you mentioned. Will try a different PSU tomorrow.
sad :no: :no: :no: then u are all set for RMA....btw , do check the PSU , incase the mobo connector is blown this problem occurs at times......

Have you tried the evga forums? there was a thread about the same problem with someone else. Take your cpu off and check if any of the pins on the LGA are bent or something, I had bent a pin in one of my earlier mobos, and I got stuck at the FF prompt too, after a pin fight with that pin, the system ran fine for me.

Back