Evolution of the Revolution

damn you. dont misrepresent :p

the 4pin molex power input just below the Power MOSFETS and just above PCI-E slots is not connected yet.. lets see pics after that is done :p

btw can you post a screnie of you gpu-z sensors screen?

i kinda got HD4890 with similar cooler..i just removed the red shroud and placed 120mm fan in cabinet to blow on it.. the axial fan of the stock cooler seems to push air through the sink better with the shroud in position.. and i dont remember the temps with shroud :p.. so just need some reference :p

Thanks Gannu! nice to hear that from the experts :)

@ Madnav - i dont think the molex connection is really required. Its a tough one to send a cable over there, but i will try that later :p

Here is the GPU-Z screen @ idle. Remember, its the tweaked fan-profile BIOS done by you.

the molex connector is required for your pc to work properly.. atleast that was the case with TA790GXBE and TA790GXB A2+

both of them booted without the extra power but couldnt boot into windows..

i guess that is where the pci-E gets extra on bus power from.. not sure.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

damn those temps look much better.

i shall put the shroud back and try again.

Spectre, why you have kept the HSF perpendicular to the back exhaust. Would not the HSF fans in parallel make more sense. Also as Madnav mentioned, do the molex near the PCI.E dock is required for extra power. But do research when it should be used. My board has a similar input, but only required when running 2 cards in Xfire.

Noctua can be only mounted in this direction (fans pointing upwards)

Doesnt it also make better cooling this way, as hotair moves up, so the hot air from the exhaust fan is pulled out of cabinet by the 2 top mounted fans i have got ( instead of the 1 X rear 120mm exhaust)

I had connected the molex connecter to mobo, as well, without needing an extra cable from the inventory :)

asingh said:
Spectre, why you have kept the HSF perpendicular to the back exhaust. Would not the HSF fans in parallel make more sense. Also as Madnav mentioned, do the molex near the PCI.E dock is required for extra power. But do research when it should be used. My board has a similar input, but only required when running 2 cards in Xfire.

Spectre said:
Noctua can be only mounted in this direction (fans pointing upwards)

Doesnt it also make better cooling this way, as hotair moves up, so the hot air from the exhaust fan is pulled out of cabinet by the 2 top mounted fans i have got ( instead of the 1 X rear 120mm exhaust)

I had connected the molex connecter to mobo, as well, without needing an extra cable from the inventory :)
Is that because of the socket type. Never new. Mine can be mounted both directions. Always found tha parallel set up better though.

both of you are correct about parallel and perpendicular setup.

the perpendicular shall yield better results theoretically but that does not happen as we forget to consider the quality of air being supplied.

in case of perpendicular mounting, the source of air becomes that nearer to the gfx card..which would be already hotter than the cpu. In case of parallel mounting, the air would be considerably cooler as it would be sucked from the 5.25" drive bay area.

see if you can find a way to circulate the air above the gpu.

Seems like there are more exhaust fans (1 at the back, 2 at the top?) than inlet fans. If you can reverse the direction of the fan at the back, it wouldn't do any harm either. Worth a shot if you have some spare time. :)

^ Having an intake fan at the rear, wont it affect the air flow. I mean its going to obstruct the hot air blowing to the exhaust fans. I may be wrong though

I got two intake fans atm, front LED 1*140 and bottom 1*120

asingh - you got it right, its due to the AMD mounting bracket, its not possible to mount it in the other direction

madnav - I already got a bottom intake blowing onto gfx, though its not a powerful one ( for less noise)

atm, the gfx temps are well under control, so I am not looking to change anything there :)

aaa - Thanks :)

Back