Other Exchanging mobile with dead display

ibose

Skilled
Do Amz or FK exchange mobiles where the display is not working ? I have a old Galaxy M30 which was dropped accidentally resulting in the display being cracked and rendered useless. The display does not work at all. The only sign of life is the audio and haptics. Have folks been able to exchange mobiles in such conditions?
The alternative is to get a replacement display with cost of 2 - 2.5k with warranty of 1 - 2 months.

No idea about exchange. But assuming it can last, replacement screen might not be a bad idea.

I just got my screen on M30s replaced for 2000 with a 3rd party oled screen ( original one costs 6k+) from a local guy.
I got no warranty on display, he said no one gives warranty for display ..

Initially thought i would use it as backup and buy another. But the screen is good enough that i will keep using it as primary.
There is risk that some other part can fail too and we repeat the process. Motherboad issue seems common in M series, but i think its triggered by fall damage, not sure.
Anyway, considering new phones too are failure prone ( he esp mentioned redmi and POCO), 2k for screen replacement seems like a good option to me.

You can try checking this with Amazon's customer care. T&Cs just say the phone should turn on, which yours technically does. There may be a reduction in price (further than what is shown with "both screen & body damage); so, better if used for deals that offer some exchange bonus.

During exchange, they will have you log in to the amazon app on your old phone and verify an OTP on it. If your screen does not even work, that is out of the question.

On Flipkart, under phone exchange, there is an option for selecting any dead phone / any dead smartphones.
Current exchange value for dead smartphone is Rs 400 :oops:

During exchange, they will have you log in to the amazon app on your old phone and verify an OTP on it. If your screen does not even work, that is out of the question.
How does this work though? If I'm going to be exchanging my phone, it's already going to be factory reset by the time the guy comes by to pick it up. Do I have to keep it as is and factory reset it at the time of pickup?

Do you just have to login to the app or login to the app specifically on the phone that you're exchanging?

Do you just have to login to the app or login to the app specifically on the phone that you're exchanging?
Need to have amazon app installed on the phone being exchanged and logged into the account which was used to purchase new phone.
A set of tests will run on the phone if needed.

Delete the app after it's run and then handover the device.

Need to have amazon app installed on the phone being exchanged and logged into the account which was used to purchase new phone.
A set of tests will run on the phone if needed.

Delete the app after it's run and then handover the device.
Do you know if the tests they run include checking for rooting/bootloader unlock/custom ROMs?

How does this work though? If I'm going to be exchanging my phone, it's already going to be factory reset by the time the guy comes by to pick it up. Do I have to keep it as is and factory reset it at the time of pickup?

I thought so too, but I had to install Amazon app (which required me to download it from Google Play, which in turn required me to log in with my gmail). After the checks were done, you can factory reset it again. This takes a lot of time and the delivery person was mightily annoyed. He said that if he notices an exchange is there, he doesn't usually opt for those deliveries

Back