Excitel Fiber Broadband

Hi All,

Presently i am having excitel broadband offering 300 MBPS speed with unlimited data usage. Though i have rarely seen the speed test touch 300 MBPS it does however manages 150-200 MBPS at most times on 5 Ghz band.

I am having this dual band router which is provided by Excitel, my question here is that at 5.0 GHz i only manage to get the full connection strength in the particular room where the router is kept & for rest of the areas i have to move to 2.4 GHz which results in massive loss of speed. I wanted to know whether my problem can be solved by upgrading the router from the stock one or is there any other solution to my problem.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Hi All,

Presently i am having excitel broadband offering 300 MBPS speed with unlimited data usage. Though i have rarely seen the speed test touch 300 MBPS it does however manages 150-200 MBPS at most times on 5 Ghz band.

I am having this dual band router which is provided by Excitel, my question here is that at 5.0 GHz i only manage to get the full connection strength in the particular room where the router is kept & for rest of the areas i have to move to 2.4 GHz which results in massive loss of speed. I wanted to know whether my problem can be solved by upgrading the router from the stock one or is there any other solution to my problem.

Look forward to your suggestions.
The routers provided by ISPs are pathetic. I have also gone through this crap myself, kept complaining them for more tha 1.5 years regarding the coverage but ultimately had to buy a new one myself.

Buy your own, i would suggest get atleast a 1350 or maybe 1900router to enjoy the bandwidth.

But that might not guarantee great coverage and speed at every nook ans corner of your house, but It would be far far better than what you are getting.

Please note before buying a new router make sure that its gigabit one as the others will limit your lan speed at 100

There are far too many available, go for tplink, asus, netgear

The routers provided by ISPs are pathetic. I have also gone through this crap myself, kept complaining them for more tha 1.5 years regarding the coverage but ultimately had to buy a new one myself.

Buy your own, i would suggest get atleast a 1350 or maybe 1900router to enjoy the bandwidth.

But that might not guarantee great coverage and speed at every nook ans corner of your house, but It would be far far better than what you are getting.

Please note before buying a new router make sure that its gigabit one as the others will limit your lan speed at 100

There are far too many available, go for tplink, asus, netgear

Thanks for your response.

Could you please may be help with a few suggestions of routers? My preference would be either Netgear or TP Link.

Also would i need to call the ISP guy to change some settings for internet to work or can be done by myself?

These are all good
Apart from these C6 c55 are also decent ones
Another one that has a unique feature of attaching 3g 4g dongles via usb port is Tl-Mr3620but it isn't gigabit so at the bets 100mbps with lan ports

You can read about em ll ans choose the ones that suits your budget and requirements

I m currently using a dlink Dir816 its also decent not that great but it does well with my connection.
Screenshot_20200911-145637.jpg

How's the range for 5GHz for Archer C1200? I would be using this in a 900 Sq. Ft. home, would i be able to get throughput of 5GHz band in entirety of my home or it would still be confined to the room where i keep this router?

Last edited:
How's the range for 5GHz for Archer C1200? I would be using this in a 900 Sq. Ft. home, would i be able to get throughput of 5GHz band in entirety of my home or it would still be confined to the room where i keep this router?
I would say 5Ghz works effectively within the room and up to 220sq ft approximately.. Beyond that you would need an extender which costs 750 to 1000 for the next room.

if so you know, tp link archer ac1750 also supports mesh feature. so you can use same ssid in whole house without any drop of network.

Will this mean there won't be any drop in 5Ghz band as well? Can you elaborate as to how this works?
It's just that you've to buy a second router which supports onemesh feature but it'll have the same SSID (so you don't have to switch between them manually to have 5.0Ghz signal) Hope this helps! You should go for a router + range extender to have full 5ghz coverage in the house.

Back