EXCLUSIVE: iPhone 3G Out in India Next Month!

techdude

Disciple
Feb 18, 2008
seriously..

lets jus wait.. cos in hindi there is a sayin..

"Jitne muah utni baatein "

so all jus wait for the appropriate time.. ;)

deep_nx

Adept
Aug 17, 2007
^^^ looks FAKE + just another ROUMOURED thingy !!! with a pic this time

dont u see the catch the word "INDIA" & "Three times" are of the same colour

probably made by the author Milind Alvares himself !!! .... wait till 22 just 3 more days !!!

goobimama

Disciple
Mar 26, 2005
deep_nx said:
^^^ looks FAKE + just another ROUMOURED thingy !!! with a pic this time

dont u see the catch the word "INDIA" & "Three times" are of the same colour

probably made by the author Milind Alvares himself !!! .... wait till 22 just 3 more days !!!

I am indeed Milind Alvares, and I admit that I made the image myself (totally ripped off from one of the Apple ads).

As for the validity of this claim, it was a personal SMS sent from the owner of the Goa Imagine store(s) (which I share a very close relationship with) who mentioned the price. I immediately called them up and he confirmed the entire details of it (being that they are also going to be selling it with vodafone.). So unless something crazy happens in between, its true. I would not lie to simply get traffic.

However, if it is false and I have been tricked, please don't beat me up with fiddle sticks :(

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
goobimama said:
I am indeed Milind Alvares, and I admit that I made the image myself (totally ripped off from one of the Apple ads).

As for the validity of this claim, it was a personal SMS sent from the owner of the Goa Imagine store(s) (which I share a very close relationship with) who mentioned the price. I immediately called them up and he confirmed the entire details of it (being that they are also going to be selling it with vodafone.). So unless something crazy happens in between, its true. I would not lie to simply get traffic.

However, if it is false and I have been tricked, please don't beat me up with fiddle sticks :(

Well, I would trust something coming from you people any day :)

tejinderss

Adept
Aug 20, 2006
There is mentioned in that zee business news page that the free 3g connection will be given to the new subscribers. AFAIK there is no 3g network in india, so prolly it means that the news is fake.

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
tejinderss said:
There is mentioned in that zee business news page that the free 3g connection will be given to the new subscribers. AFAIK there is no 3g network in india, so prolly it means that the news is fake.

It seems they said free "when" it is launched.

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
rak007 said:
3G kidhar hai........

I am not saying what Zee Business is quoting is true. But it seems they said

If u purchase a new connection (new no.) u ll get a free 3g connection. If you are a previous customer then also you ll have to pay 3 month rental for 3g whenever started by the respective company

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Chitradurga
got a mail from vodaphone as wel as airtel today and yes they really have priced the 8gb at 31k and 16gb at 36.1k!!!!they are crazy!!!i really really doubt it will sell in gr8 no.s....i thought the whole idiea if the3g phone was"gr8 phone..at half the price"".....so were does tht steve jobs ,antra go???damn disappointed!!!!!:mad:

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
boogiemanscave.wordpress.com
cut the crap short guys!

Anyways its all BS!... Officially 8gb for 31k and 16gb for 36.k

Vodafone Says:
The Apple iPhone 3GTM, the phone everyone's waiting for, is coming on Vodafone on August 22, 2008 With fast wireless technology, Maps with GPS, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App store, iPhone 3G puts even more amazing features in your hands. And just like the original iPhone, it combines three products in one - a revolutionary phone, a widescreen iPod, and a breakthrough Internet device with rich HTML email and full web browsing. iPhone 3G. It redefines what a mobile phone can do - again.

The iPhone 3G is available in 8GB and 16GB at Rs 31,000 and Rs 36,100 respectively. And as you have already pre-registered with us, you can get it before others do. All you need to do is drop in at a select Vodafone Store between August 20 and 21 and confirm your booking by paying Rs 10000 through cash or credit card. Don't forget to show the iPhone booking SMS, which you would have received from us, when you visit the Vodafone Store to make the deposit.
Source: Vodafone Iphone

IMO: They have to have their prices reduced or else nobody gonna buy it!! Ppl would prefer rather an unlocked version of Iphone from shop like alfa which u'd get for around 20-24k (but its a non-3G version ofcourse). It really doesntn matter if its a 3g fone or no... they are in major loss by this! 2ndly a phone like Iphone is also not so worth it for around 31k...its a piece of crap for 31k and above all, considering the BS CRAP SHIT of apple proprietary and no main mode of sharing like Bluetooth, no Flash in the cam!.... 31k for just a touch screen fone which needs insane fingering??...awww c'mon! :p (rather go and buy a dual core laptop with 2gb ram for 31k which gives you more stuff than Iphone) :p

Iphone is good for internet and stuffs..but we are in the Gr8 INDIA where internet b/w is still a major issue and internet is not everywhere!

It'd have bn a really good deal and interesting stuff if it was atleast 15k for 8gb and 22k o rso for 16gb..no complaints then.

Also still we are not aware about the software thatz gonna be preloaded on the fone... is it a proper Apple firmware or its some customized Operator's shit...something like ppl have in abroad on their motorola v3 fones..no motorola stuff..all they have is all red shit theme of vodafone in the fone which again locks further the ability to customize the fone or optimize it.

If vodafone's prices are 31k and 36.1k then we cannot expect miracles from Airtel.. there are no chance by which Airtel will do some miracle by releasing them for 15k and 20k..

Anyways... guess this thread should be closed now since official crap prices of Iphone are out and have bn officially disclosed by the Operators themselves.. This is surely disappopintment for everybody, but no use... its all waste and no more discussion is worth... no more matha-phodi!