AMD 64 3000+ OCed to 2.7Ghz

TT Venus 12 [Sh*tty cooler making noise]

ASUS A8N-E [Disagree]

1GB DDR400 Ram donno which brand

NVida GeForce 7800GTX [Agreed its fine here]

Completly modded SLK 1650 with 350W PSU with case lighting & Noisy Fans
[Atleast a 3700BQE shud have been used with True Power 480W]

Segate 160GB Raid0 SATA.

Dont know even if it has a dedicated sound card.
[Atleast creative audigy 2 zs for getting the best audio quality for games]

Some DVD Writer 16x - donno the exact brand

Win XP 64Bit Pro OS[Might have been costly but not so costly]

BIOS Password protected so that no one can touch the settings :rofl:

I had a laugh , i was thinking of telling them that send that Rig to us here at
TE we can overclock it to 2.7 for Free. :tongue:

Also Chip compared it to Alienware , Boy i feel they are not even 1% of AlienWare. :O :rolleyes:

Atleast for that premium they should have given water cooling + A8N Sli Motherboard.

All i can do is laugh at the person getting that rig for 1,11,000. :eek:hyeah: :rofl:
also no monitor + kbd + mouse + speakers

For 1lac i can help ne one assemble a very powerful rig and overclock it for him free of cost.

I am completely dissapointed by the type of price they have for that rig.

I always hate branded systems.

they never perform so well.

In all parts somewhere they try to save moeny by using some cheap part and that affect entire performance.
so stay away from it.

Better to make one with your group at Home.....

Moral of the story... these systems are for rich n00b gamers who'd never open their cases... people have more money than brains :p.

hehe did anyone see the writeup in chip for this ?? using a antec case with a 350w psu and some cheap looking fittings tacked on

wonder what kind of stability they guarantee for the chip running at 2.7 gigs :p and if they guarantee each chip is running at 2.7 gigs (extreme cooling my ***)

Crazy_Eddy said:
^^ Mnemonic Systems? ;) :bleh:

Ya chaos they have lots of 0517's funky told me that.

So if there are ne Ocer's looking for good AMD u now know where to look.
They even have 3200 Venice 0517.

Guys i just read PCQ july 05.

The cost of the Zebronics Sli rig is 2,45,000/- :S :annoyed:
AMD FX55
2x6800Ultra
ASUSA8NSli
2GBRam
StarIce
Custom modded cabby
620W PSU
WinXPPro
19' monitor
Antibacterialkbd
opticalmouse
Webcam
40GB Pata 7200rpm [Whats this PATA Hdd]
gaming wheel
full version of latest games
No Sound card onboard only.

Even if u sum it all it comes to 2lacs max - whats that extra 45000 they are taking for :mad: :cursing:

super overpriced POS rigs for people that now nothing.

that sums it up pretty well, i love how they use the most POS psu's as well :lol

wht the heck..........1.1 lacs for a system modded upto 2.7 ghz without the monitor and much much more...............man they think the customers are fools :p:p..........we at TE are not ;);)

The only thing that can justify the pricing is the guaranteed 2.7Ghz oc ( prime stable ) on each processor. Which means they will have to test each and every chip and discard which does not oc well and sell it off cheaper to other dealers ( open box sale ).
But insted they can just use better processors like 3700+SD for the price at which they are selling the oced 3000+ rigs.

guys take a look at this i think this one is decently priced ...... good for them who doesn't know anything about comps .....

Extreme One I3066
Processor
AMD® Athlon™ 64
3000+ Processor
Mainboard
Asus A8N-E
Operating System
Microsoft® Windows®
XP Home Edition
Memory
512MB Dual Channel DDR
PC-3200 SDRAM 400MHz
Hard Drive
160GB 7200 RPM
SATA w/8MB Cache
Graphics Processor
NVIDIA GeForceâ„¢
6600 128MB DDR
Sound Card
Realtek® 8 Channel audio with Coaxial and optical S/PDIF
Chassis and Power Unit
Antec SLK 1650 Thermal
Antec Smart Power 350
Price
Rs. 42,000/-

but still i think there is some 4k premium ....... but thing is u will get peace of mine with warranty ......

what about monitor???

price seems to be ok while considering warranty

buttttt still TE members will prefer to make on your own even if it cost some extra bucks....

the Graphic card is it 6600GT????

if yes then good deal.

anishcool said:
Branded PC's are never a matched for assembled one's.

Whether its price or performance. Period.

Some personal thoughts....

Higher Price - because they have major overheads like salaries and taxes besides electricity and phone bills to pay from the amount they earn from their sales. I know the Matrix people having dealt with them for some time and I remember they have a staff of about 20 people - they may have expanded since I last went there a few years back. Matrix too buys ASUS boards from importers like Rashi so his purchase price cannot be much less then what we pay. And no organisation will do business without making a substantial profit to suite their lifestyle. IMHO This is not cheating their customers - its just the way business is done.

Lower Performance compared to our own assembled PC's - because they do not have time to tweak each computer to hell and back to get the MAX juice out of the components like we do to our own setups...... AND..... they will not take the tweaking to its MAX as there is a much greater chance of system problems when you are close to the edge of performance, so they play a bit safe and keep settings a little below what we would. RIGHT ??

I mentioned this earlier in this thread and I will say this again - the owner of Matrix - Parvez Diwan is an extremely knowledgeable person - he knows his hardware as well as most of the EXTREME GURUs in this forum. In my opinion there is no other hardware seller I have come across who has more knowledge in computer hardware than this DUDE !!

~HeadShot~ said:
Just saw an ad for exfinity.in in the Digit Aug 2005 issue! :)
They advertise it as the fastest computer on the planet! :mad:
Shuck.... :mad:

In this ad they have put an Asterix with a footnote...

"Proved with independant benchmarks"

...... someoone should ask them for the benchmark readings :huh:

They've got an 'Invitation Offer' offering the above mentioned Extreme One with a 17" Flat monitor + DVD/CD-RW Combo drive + Mouse/Keyboard for 7K more = 49K total.

Back