Experience with Generic NES consoles

Hey guys,

So I was casually browsing amazon and came across are good old classic NES game consoles. The cheap generic Chinese clones I guess.

Nostalgia was hitting me hard after a couple YouTube videos and I wanted it to play with family and keep it as a nostalgic memory from my childhood.
It's easier than to setup emulators on pc with clunky controls or Retro-pi and gives the real retro feel I guess and has all the games built-in.

But, not a whole lot of reviews on amazon there. I wanted to ask this community if they have experience with such consoles. I don't know if these are priced well or not.
Please share your opinions.

Here's a couple YT videos are I found for AV version and HDMI version.

I have the locally bought version, Works well. Get it from local market so you can test it before buying, as these things do not have any warranty. I got it for 600 bucks.

Update: I'm using a Raspberry Pi and a separate SD card with Retropie on it. Couldn't trust these cheap no-brand Chinese devices.
But what's there to trust in Rs 500-600 stuff ? I've a logitech gamepad & have installed emulator on my android TV and all the NES & some Sega Genesis games that I love, play perfectly on it!

Do share about the details of your setup though, will be interesting to know since I want to have a standalone PS1 & PS2 simulator (I've an old PS3 but it's a task to get many such titles to work on it)

Update: I'm using a Raspberry Pi and a separate SD card with Retropie on it. Couldn't trust these cheap no-brand Chinese devices.
The key piece is the gamepad. Get something nice like 8bitdo or reuse old xbox gamepads. If the gamepad supports your emulator, you will have a much better experience. I love playing Adventure Island, Aladdin and Load Runner on my Nvidia Shield via Kodi.

Back