Experiences with Amazon renewed phones?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Has anyone here bought any renewed phones from Amazon? Phone is the Samsung S20 FE 5G. There is a 11k difference in prices. Renewed costs 33k. Brand new costs 44k.
Seller is Appario and fulfilled by Amazon themselves.
I wouldn't mind it if the phone is in mint pristine condition but there's no guarantee and Amazon listing says

Product will be in refurbished condition and may have a few visible signs of earlier use. Backed by minimum six months Warranty provided by the seller.​

I can't spend 40k on a phone man. I've already doubled my budget to 30k and even decided to accept the hybrid sim crap... :shifty:
The phone went for 37k during the Christmas offer. F. I'm done.

Last edited:
A local brick and mortar mobile shop will probably have a better deal, and let you examine the phone before you buy it.
My friend always buys used phones from a local shop at about 60% of the original cost.

Has anyone here bought any renewed phones from Amazon? Phone is the Samsung S20 FE 5G. There is a 11k difference in prices. Renewed costs 33k. Brand new costs 44k.
Seller is Appario and fulfilled my Amazon themselves.
I wouldn't mind it if the phone is in mint pristine condition but there's no guarantee and Amazon listing says

I can't spend 40k on a phone man. I've already doubled my budget to 30k and even decided to accept the hybrid sim crap... :shifty:
The phone went for 37k during the Christmas offer. F. I'm done.
It was around 33k before diwali

It was around 33k before diwali
F
Jay Buhner Facepalm GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Any idea when's the next Amazon sale? Republic Day?

Not sure but keep an eye our for that. 33k was with bank offers.
Have you ever come across the 256GB variant being sold by a reputed seller?
If I go for the 128GB variant I will need to buy another phone... but I'd rather carry one single phone with two sims rather than two. Its one of the reasons holding me back from buying a new phone for a long time since most of the phones nowadays have hybrid sim slot. F

I think you check reliance digital and chroma. I bought for for 36k from Croma on 31st Oct as it was last day there was offer on sbi card with 6k cash back. I had dilemma with 20 fe and 52s 5g,but offer was very good so I got 20 fe for same price as 52s. So no harm once check offline.

Have you ever come across the 256GB variant being sold by a reputed seller?
If I go for the 128GB variant I will need to buy another phone... but I'd rather carry one single phone with two sims rather than two. Its one of the reasons holding me back from buying a new phone for a long time since most of the phones nowadays have hybrid sim slot. F
I had the same issue. So i gradually started weaning myself off one of the numbers. Updated with a single number at all the online places where I could change easily. Still have the other number but it is put in an old phone and only used for verification and OTP for rarely used apps/cards. Now, I have a 128GB phone and a 256GB sd card as well.

Yes that one! Might be minor for others but I feel honestly paranoid. haha
If I can't get the 256GB then I'll just have to learn to live with a damn hybrid sim slot. Just shocked that manufacturers even started doing this hybrid thing in the first place when dual sim + dedicated card slot had no problem and if that poses any issue they wouldn't be doing this hybrid thing anyway.
Also guys thanks for the input. Won't go for renewed anymore. I'll just wait for a sale or used one or something.

Back