PC Peripherals Expert Help required

Guyz,

I need some serious help here.

I purchased my new rig 2days back em still unable to use it.

My new config is:

1. E8200

2. MSI NEO 3 -FR (bought from Rahul Verma)

3. Gskill - PI Black G.SKILL DDR2 PC2 6400 CL4 4GB Kit

4. Palit HD 4850 -Zalman Edition

5. 2X500Gb WD.

My system boots only with normal ddr2 rams and with no 120MM fans, i.e. just the core PC.

CPU,MOBO,4850,Normal Ram, 1X500GB HDD.

PSU used were: VIP Gold 500watts and Corsair VX450.

Will I have to go for another PSU? as corsair PSU says

Regards

Shahbaaz

The VX450 should be enough for you. Checked your connections properly? Eliminate all the components as the source of your trouble by connecting one by one (those 120mm fans, RAMs etc)

I have spotted one thing, if I add the memory than stop POST and boot process, sometimes it starts but than as soon as I start any game it starts BSOD and dump issue resukting reboot and than no display.

Check those RAMs on some other machine if possible to see if that or the mobo/ mobo settings are the culprit. If the RAMs are good, try inputting the manufacturer suggested timings/ voltage and test. Default is not always good for RAM.

If "normal" ram boots but not this, then it sounds like RAM voltage is not enough. Try increasing it by 0.1V and check for stability. You memory is rated for 1.8-1.9V

test ur RAM with memtest /memtest86 ...........for any errors .
if there are any errors found u need to replace ur RAM .

to get memtest just GooGle :)

the rated voltage for Pi blacks are 1.8 - 1.9 V(if i am not mistaken). So go into the Bios, (u should be able to do so) and check whether the memory voltages are set correctly. Also check the timings, keep them at default - 4-4-4-12. Try booting with both sticks.

If the above does not work then you most probably have a bad pair of sticks. You can try putting in one stick at a time and figure out which one is not good, it is highly improbable, though possible, that both your sticks are bad. Hope you can get the sticks replaced if necessary.

tangentray said:
the rated voltage for Pi blacks are 1.8 - 1.9 V(if i am not mistaken). So go into the Bios, (u should be able to do so) and check whether the memory voltages are set correctly. Also check the timings, keep them at default - 4-4-4-12. Try booting with both sticks.

If the above does not work then you most probably have a bad pair of sticks. You can try putting in one stick at a time and figure out which one is not good, it is highly improbable, though possible, that both your sticks are bad. Hope you can get the sticks replaced if necessary.

how will be be able to change the voltage if he cannot see anything on the display:) .

I think the ram is not getting enough juice from the mobo.Which beep sound u get.

Boot with normal ram increase the voltage in bios normal transcend value can take 1.9v easily.Save the setting then boot with gskills

H@cKer said:
I think the ram is not getting enough juice from the mobo.Which beep sound u get.

Not enough juice would give instability but would still boot.

OP, change the RAMs. Seems they're bad.

done trying one stick but still no display. Kingston works fine but sometimes the same tragedy happens with them also. Only when I replace the card(GC) things start moving.

This rams are working fine with NF650i Ultra+E6750+2X250GB Raid+1XDVD-RW+80MM Fan+GF 8800GTS 640MB G82core all that on Zebronics 500watts platinum - single rail +12V@17A.

Guyzz ... Broadcast.... Anyone in Navi Mumbai - having a 650watt true power or something.

figured out something, the rams stocks at 1067mhz, possibly this might be the cause, i dont want to touch the volts as i dont have a good PSU. PC is runing manually defined 800mhz for ram.

i dont think ur psu is at fault...im running my config (8400+tp i45+8800gts 640+4gb ddr2+3 hdds+dvdrw and sometimes another couple of hdds)on the same VIP 500W Gold...mobo or the ram seems to be the problem to me...

Back