Extremely pathetic slow internet surfing

Request timed out doesn't necessarily mean it's delaying, that node may simply be configured to not respond to icmp packets.

Op sounds like you're on asymmetric speeds? What is your upload bandwidth? With asymmetric, I used to have this issue when the upload was limited to 1mbps.

You can also use winmtr to run continuous traceroutes instead of one time with cmd.
Hathway is still behind all isps in India with no fiber yet at least for Pune city. Thus upload speeds are in the default defined usual ratios of 1:8.
Dn 100mbps
Up 8mbps

Hmmm it could be due to low upload speed too in combination with DNS lookup delay.

My dig query time is about half of yours.

Hmmm it could be due to low upload speed too in combination with DNS lookup delay.

My dig query time is about half of yours.
Its not that the speeds have changed. The ratio is same since decades now. No such issues earlier, just started from 2 weeks.
May be their network is designed that way. Only thing strange is, real downloads either via browser or idm gives proper 8-10mbps download speeds wrt 1:8 ratio.
But surfing sucks as if I'm on some unstable decade old 512kbps or worse line. Sometimes works like a 2-4mbps, sometimes even worse than 36kbps telephone line.

As your issue is still open I suggest installing wireshark, take a packet dump and seek help from a local network expert in analysing the same. At this point anything else will be a guess at best

after Mumbai.. Hathway Broadband time over in pune too
It should soon over on planet earth and find way in another distant galaxy if aliens allow them..
As your issue is still open I suggest installing wireshark, take a packet dump and seek help from a local network expert in analysing the same. At this point anything else will be a guess at best
I can do it but eod hathway has any dedicated email id help-desk to address or anything so efforts will go waste and have to sustain till this month end before opting a new exp. on a newer isp.
I will be abusing them pretty badly esp to their begging calls for recharging, it might be one of the dirtiest escalation or call ever and might even get escalated to cops, I dont mind, I will be ready with battery of advocates this time to F* them badly for compensation and what not only if they threaten me for the abuse.

I think I have done pretty very much their chu lazy engineers also never did.

Motto for 4 weeks is to somehow eve get a table low speed before kicking their A$$$$!

Last edited:
Hathway is still behind all isps in India with no fiber yet at least for Pune city. Thus upload speeds are in the default defined usual ratios of 1:8.
Dn 100mbps
Up 8mbps
Did you check with them in your area? I am from Pune and I have Hathway fiber for almost a year now.

Did you check with them in your area? I am from Pune and I have Hathway fiber for almost a year now.
Checking since more than a yr now and getting same lame reasons or excuses...we are in process of fiber upgrade and will be done in 3 months and those 3 months now already bypassed a yr..

I know once I dump them for good immediately in a month or two, fiber will enter my area but fiber alone not going to solve such issues which requires deep understanding and troubleshooting. Last year at exact same time a very unique issue occurred, after 6pm speeds used to drop under 5mbps or even random kbps with zero stability, it took me 3 months fighting for getting it resolved and was only done after I filed a against them in consumer forum and I got ext, of my plan by 4 months.

Checking since more than a yr now and getting same lame reasons or excuses...we are in process of fiber upgrade and will be done in 3 months and those 3 months now already bypassed a yr..

I know once I dump them for good immediately in a month or two, fiber will enter my area but fiber alone not going to solve such issues which requires deep understanding and troubleshooting. Last year at exact same time a very unique issue occurred, after 6pm speeds used to drop under 5mbps or even random kbps with zero stability, it took me 3 months fighting for getting it resolved and was only done after I filed a against them in consumer forum and I got ext, of my plan by 4 months.
I feel you. Used to face a zillion similar issues when I was on DOCSIS. They migrated to fiber last year and it has been smooth sailing since then. Moreover, I pay for 200Mbps and get 300+Mbps.

Apparently, it's not the same experience for everyone. Hope you get your solution soon.

Did you try using a good VPN? If it gets solved by that then it's a routing issue if not then perhaps it's specifically your connection which is having an issue.

Did you try using a good VPN? If it gets solved by that then it's a routing issue if not then perhaps it's specifically your connection which is having an issue.
1000% to my connection. Vpn again is a slow solution of redirection.
I feel you. Used to face a zillion similar issues when I was on DOCSIS. They migrated to fiber last year and it has been smooth sailing since then. Moreover, I pay for 200Mbps and get 300+Mbps.

Apparently, it's not the same experience for everyone. Hope you get your solution soon.
Good for you btw which area in Pune, must be PCMC.
1000% to my connection. Vpn again is a slow solution of redirection.

Good for you btw which area in Pune, must be PCMC.
You can try this test and post results, here are my pathetic ones..

1664906876792.png

1664906935145.png

General speedtest on Pune server, forget about servers abroad!

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if they've oversold capacity on the line going to your area and it might have been a similar situation last year as well. This is why the LCO model sucks so much, the local operators don't care for contention ratios and just sell as much as they can.

I'm on the ever crap shitty hathway broadband.

Since 2 weeks I'm facing a very weird issue with my internet.

IDM file download speed is perfect fine but surfing any site is a hit or miss across all browsers. The speeds are either kbps or sites struggle load just like 2 decades ago 32kbps, in fact even google page takes ags o load at times.
Uploading a mere 1kb file takes half hour that too with 100s failures.

No proxy no firewall no antivirus.

Windows 10 64 bit updated to latest on bth laptops and desktop.

Tested on desktop and laptops both wired and wireless on stock hathway router.

What could all of a suden possibly go wrong on surfing part?

As for dns I'm not using anything nor this bshit hathway router has any manual dns setting, funny but true.
I have been on Hathway in Mumbai for the past couple of years and at most had only a couple of minutes downtime a month. Also, the speed is always 20% more than the plan.

Couple of days ago was surprised at the download speed and saw that the speed is 350 Mbps on a 150 Mbps plan. Not sure if this is a Diwali thing as I didn't receive any communication but don't mind this at all for less than 800 bucks a month.

Totally depends on your local operator I guess.

Attachments

• Hathway Speed.jpg
    Hathway Speed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 56
Filed a complaint on consumer forum, issue was taken care off within 72hrs, nodal himself called and shared his personal no etc. on100 mbps was getting 120-130 or 100 speed.
Issues still under observation.

Filed a complaint on consumer forum, issue was taken care off within 72hrs, nodal himself called and shared his personal no etc. on100 mbps was getting 120-130 or 100 speed.
Issues still under observation.
... once you/they close ticket with satisfaction, within 12-15 days all will return back to same spot. hathway employees are very natorious with very very thick skin.. if they improved ... enjoy service

... once you/they close ticket with satisfaction, within 12-15 days all will return back to same spot. hathway employees are very natorious with very very thick skin.. if they improved ... enjoy service
Doesn't matter as my plan is due to expire in last week of Oct and I'm moving on permanently to a better ISP!
The nodal did offered me free plan extension etc. to which we said a BIG NO!

Back