Android f.lux for Android released

There's a lot of other tools like lux auto brightness, c. Lumen and live display on cm but those used Flux on ios would love the android compatibility.
Using Flux on ios and Windows...

Whats the point of this battery sucking app in the background just to replace colours?
Placebo effect? Why not just reduce the brightness slider to the lowest in the night. I have that bar in the notifications. Hardly takes a sec to change.

Whats the point of this battery sucking app in the background just to replace colours?
Placebo effect?
if you are referring to f.lux then it has a different purpose than to save battery. it changes luminosity/color-temperature of the display according to the time of the day. works good on a desktop monitor. prepares your body to wind down towards the night.
Why not just reduce the brightness slider to the lowest in the night.
why take so much pain? just use "auto brightness" :p

if you are referring to f.lux then it has a different purpose than to save battery. it changes luminosity/color-temperature of the display according to the time of the day. works good on a desktop monitor. prepares your body to wind down towards the night.

why take so much pain? just use "auto brightness" :p

its not the brightness, its luminosity & color temperature. You would be amazed to know the effects of LCD displays on body rhythms. there is a whitepaper by toshiba on it IIRC.

To the people who didn't used, this is not auto brightness or something like that.
This tweak is about color temperature, luminous, if you don't know about this, try the app.

Ps. These tweaks was specially designed for night owls like us.

I tried the built-in CM feature and personally I prefer reducing brightness instead of this color-temperature changing system.
I also never use auto brightness and prefer setting it manually instead.

I tried the built-in CM feature and personally I prefer reducing brightness instead of this color-temperature changing system.
I also never use auto brightness and prefer setting it manually instead.
Flux is one the main reason people jailbreak ios, even me, and now apple implemented. It basically adjust the display to reduce eye strain automatically by time zone. And again, it's not brightness, it's the color temperature and those eye science behind it. Have a good sleep...

And again, it's not brightness, it's the color temperature and those eye science behind it. Have a good sleep...

I know the difference between brightness and color temperature as I pointed out in my post. I just didn't find it doing any good in the limited time I tried it. My sleeping pattern is also very different from most people and I have no trouble sleeping or getting to sleep.
Still, I am going to give it another go. This time for more than the 5 min I tried it yesterday.
OT - I used to jailbreak just for Zephyr.

So I gave it another go and this live display stuff ain't for me. I am having to turn up the brightness a lot so not to put stress on my eyes when reading. I already use a dark theme for the ROM as well as the apps that allow it so I am gonna stick with my regular way of increasing and decreasing brightness instead of changing color temperature.

There already an app that is f.lux like. Its called twilight. Free and no root required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux

Its not a battery sucking app neither is it a battery saving app. It can lower brightness below what stock can do by applying a filter.

This doesn't work well with games/videos and especially AMOLED displays as all it does it apply a yellow filter to the display unlike CF.Lumen, F.lux and LiveDisplay which need root access but do a better job as they make changes at a lower level. Huge battery drain on AMOLED displays as it turns black to yellow (thereby using extra power)

iOS 9.3 introduced it as NightShift which works incredibly well. Guess we now know why f.lux was banned from the App store.

This doesn't work well with games/videos and especially AMOLED displays as all it does it apply a yellow filter to the display unlike CF.Lumen, F.lux and LiveDisplay which need root access but do a better job as they make changes at a lower level. Huge battery drain on AMOLED displays as it turns black to yellow (thereby using extra power)

iOS 9.3 introduced it as NightShift which works incredibly well. Guess we now know why f.lux was banned from the App store.
Ah, that might explain the battery drain. Twilight turns red so as to preserve night vision. you don't have to change the colour but you can reduce the brightness below what stock allows. I use it at night when listening.

Back