Car & Bike F1 Australian Grand Prix 2008

Its

Hamilton
Kubica
Kovailenen
Massa
Heidfeild

Ferrari were out of pace throughout the session... Seems like Mclaren race tomorrow..

Loved the Kubica wild run :p

Ferrari looks heavy. Lets see. Masa looks good for podium finish for sure. Hamilton looked really light on fuel the way his car was moving in corners.

Kimi might face graning issues as he probably will be on a 1 stop strategy..

Seems like the Face of frontrunners is changing ;)

Not too long ago it was between Alonso/Kimi/MSC.. and now its Kubica/Hamilton/Kovailenen (Not to miss superdrive of Vettel in Q2)

Ferrari are facing some issues but it won't be too long before they return to form. It may well be tomm's race..u never know ;)

Dont forget massa didnt go out for his 2nd run. he has 3 more laps of fuel
Not necessary...probably they were checking his car for grimlins and that is why he did not go out.
Just because a driver does not go for a second run does not mean that he has more fuel :p
The fuel loads are decided on the basis on the strategy.....

Final Results

Pos Driver

1. Hamilton

2. Heidfeld

3. Rosberg

4. Alonso

5. Kovalainen

6. Barrichello

7. Nakajima

8. Bourdais

9. Raikkonen

I won't be expecting much of a challenge from either Ferrari cars in the next race 'cause Ferrari, ForceIndia & Toro Rosso all used Ferrari engine and none completed the race. Ferrari definitely has reliability issues with their engines. Hope to see them back on top soon.

Apart from that it was a great race.
No traction control is a very good move saw some mistakes from good drivers, spectacular crashes and a lot of overtaking.

Good to see Williams on the podium again and a good start for this season by Hamilton.

Great Race! Even more action packed than the last one.

Bad day for Ferrari. Brilliant stuff by Kimi none the less. He being no stranger to starting from the back like he did two years ago and finishing in third. He nearly did the same this time as well but messed it up with an over zealous(very unlike the usually cool Kimi) overtaking maneuver that would later cost him a checkered flag finish.

kauzy said:
great driving by alonso :clap:

oh puhleeeze.... he got lucky.

Hold on just a second Fernandoâ?¦ - Feature - F1 | ITV Sport

Fernando Alonso reckons his Renault team needs to find nearly one second to be able to fight with rivals McLaren and Ferrari this year.

That shouldn’t be a problem, however, as he famously let us all know last year that he brought nearly a second all on his own when he started testing with McLaren.

Over to you then Fernando…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OWNAGE !!

Personally, I thought Alonso was the man of the race today. No one else made their car look as good as the way Alonso made that Renault look good. A car that wasn't all that impressive in pretesting as well as qualifying... A car that should have been struggling against the Williams, Toro Rossos or the Red Bulls, was instead overtaking the McLarens and Ferraris like it was no ones business. He was throwing that car over every curve when even those who were racing conservatively were retiring early.

This seriously answers the question of what would happen if a great driver were pushed back many places into one of the lower order teams. "You'd love them that many times more" would be the answer.

Even "Encyclopedia Steve Slater" claimed he couldn't remember the last time both Ferraris failed to qualify. He was well and truly stumped!!!:p:p

man i missed the qualifying as well as the race. My f**king cablewalaah didn't show Star Sports. I am really pissed off at the cable connection.

montylee said:
man i missed the qualifying as well as the race. My f**king cablewalaah didn't show Star Sports. I am really pissed off at the cable connection.

Ditto! These jokers switch channels about on their end and I think if someone tells them, then then switch it to the usual channel slot. I woke up fairly early on Saturday but I couldn't find Star Sports. Yesterday, I woke up in time for post-race interview.

Not to fear! I shall see it sometime soon! It's coming :eek:hyeah: ;)

Back