Faced fraud attempt from fraud running through old official Hitachi customer care no - complete with home visit

r19

Disciple
So mother called the number(1860-258-4848) which she had saved on her phone for Hitachi to service 1 AC and 1 remote. Two people badly dressed - without any gloves and wearing handkerchief and that black chinese mask - came. They were not even handling those masks properly. Unfortunately she let them in, and I didn't ask to send them out when I saw them. They were suspicious so we didn't let them take anything, and after 5 minutes when they asked 600rs for 'visiting charges' we kept insisting to pay to Hitachi and they thankfully left. They were familiar with electric works, but I'm not sure if they were fraudsters men or someone they tied up with in every city. No way we are the first people who have faced fraud like this and Govt doesn't know about this. Such fraud from old official number with Govt knowledge can only happen in country like India. No wonder there are so many India fraud vids on YT. What if we were an old couple. They could do away with the AC or maybe even threaten. The worst thing about this incident is we were always super careful for the virus the start. I'm just feeling very frustrated that I didn't send them away when they didn't have proper masks

So mother called the number(1860-258-4848) which she had saved on her phone for Hitachi to service 1 AC and 1 remote. Two people badly dressed - without any gloves and wearing handkerchief and that black chinese mask - came. They were not even handling those masks properly. Unfortunately she let them in, and I didn't ask to send them out when I saw them. They were suspicious so we didn't let them take anything, and after 5 minutes when they asked 600rs for 'visiting charges' we kept insisting to pay to Hitachi and they thankfully left. They were familiar with electric works, but I'm not sure if they were fraudsters men or someone they tied up with in every city. No way we are the first people who have faced fraud like this and Govt doesn't know about this. Such fraud from old official number with Govt knowledge can only happen in country like India. No wonder there are so many India fraud vids on YT. What if we were an old couple. They could do away with the AC or maybe even threaten. The worst thing about this incident is we were always super careful for the virus the start. I'm just feeling very frustrated that I didn't send them away when they didn't have proper masks
Have you notified Hitachi about this incident?

Some shady company must be using their old number to help boost their ac servicing business. I am surprised Hitachi didnt retain the number.
Big companies even when they dont use a number, retain it for this reason.

Always insist for them to show id's or even their bill book.

That same number is still mentioned on an old pdf on hitachi site. you should definitely send an email or tweet this to them

Wait? Which city is this?
Did you again spoke with the tollfree no about your exp?
Did they perform their job properly?
What do you mean by "we kept insisting to pay to Hitachi" how do they left without taking the fee? How are you going to pay Hitachi directly?

I don't understand where you got defrauded. Because they took money for service? For which you are paying directly to Hitachi?
The number was surrendered by Hitachi last year and has been bought by scam operator, who is directly imitating Hitachi call center. My mother had called using the number before and had it saved. Who knows if someone does not understand thinking they came from the official number and gives them the AC unit. You have no way to check on them. I checked the phonebook to see if she didn't mistakenly called a wrong number, and upon googling immediately came upon this https://www.facebook.com/HitachiHom...e-number-1860-258-4848-whic/2450463051686643/

Have you notified Hitachi about this incident?
Am going to. Their twitter handle seems to be generic call center type replies so I will also mail them

Some shady company must be using their old number to help boost their ac servicing business. I am surprised Hitachi didnt retain the number.
Big companies even when they dont use a number, retain it for this reason.

Always insist for them to show id's or even their bill book.

That same number is still mentioned on an old pdf on hitachi site. you should definitely send an email or tweet this to them
Yes they actually refused they had and ID when I asked them later. We received calls later on and usual call center lying, call forwarding tactics started, but fortunately they don't seem to be 'lawyer sitting in supreme court' level pushy as of now. Also tried to get them to reveal what shop or organization they are coming from when they said 'they have been given charge by Hitachi as all Hitachi people left due to virus', but they just gave a name and said all employees of shop have left too for now. They took some name 'C**l a*r s*lutions'. I think it may be a call center that has tied up with local people. One of the call center girls spoke in Tamil. Since the number is old official it may be a national organization with branches or maybe they just had a Tamil person in their call center and had tied up with some local guy for some money

Wait? Which city is this?
Did you again spoke with the tollfree no about your exp?
Did they perform their job properly?
What do you mean by "we kept insisting to pay to Hitachi" how do they left without taking the fee? How are you going to pay Hitachi directly?
Its in Chennai. Didn't bother to call the number, its already know to be not genuine, from what seems Hitachi's official FB account and some other pages and tweets from their account. Its also a very big fault of Hitachi. They should personally call and message their customers if there is such an important issue
They had some knowledge of electric repair. So they did a basic test and checked with a multimeter and informed the board needs to be replaced. But didn't give it to them. That does seem to be an issue since the AC went off and display lost power a bit gradually, but there was also some gas leak.
They asked for 600 cash(visiting charges) and then when we said we want to pay online to Hitachi, they gave a google pay which was just their boss's account. We kept insisting to pay to Hitachi, they said their boss will make us pay to them or something and thankfully left. Then they started usual call center calls for money, but they weren't that pushy yesterday

Back