Graphic Cards Fan noise on RTX 3080 FE

nitin_g3

Adept
Today I received a 1 month used RTX 3080 FE.
When testing for everything, I found that fan makes loud noise when above 60% fan speed.
This is exactly like this guy's 3080 FE, he sets fans to full speed at 1:30 minutes in the video.

Can anyone suggest if it's fine and not something to worry about much?
Should I return, go for RMA? Suggestion are welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited:
this was a deepstick for us to know whan the next lot is in :p
on a serious note i think the fan are noisy on FE but something similar to aeroplane engines have started .IS it similar to this ?

Last edited:
Were you stress testing the GPU or was it under real world scenarios? My friend in the US has a 3090 FE says his fan barely comes on while gaming.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i'm getting some artifacting on my 3080 FE. Any idea on how to RMA it. I contacted rptech email but they replied with the generic mail thinking i was asking to buy a new one

IS it similar to this ?
It's the same video which I posted. Yes it's exactly like this.
Were you stress testing the GPU or was it under real world scenarios?
In gaming it's tolerable. I tested it on nicehash and suddenly there was a jet engine in my case. I'm fine with the noise, my concern is should I wait till the fan dies before going for RMA?
Sorry for hijacking the thread but i'm getting some artifacting on my 3080 FE. Any idea on how to RMA it. I contacted rptech email but they replied with the generic mail thinking i was asking to buy a new one
I also don't have any idea. Maybe contact nvidea directly?

Last edited:
I have mine on a custom fan curve with 60% from 50-65 deg C. I rarely ever see the fans go above 60%, but it does sound like a jet engine above 80%.

Maybe undervolt and keep temps and fan speed low anyway? Helps immensely with power consumption too

Edit - just watched the video. Mine's fairly similar at 100%, I think

I rarely ever see the fans go above 60%, but it does sound like a jet engine above 80%.
Thank you so much, that's what I wanted to know. I didn't know anyone who owns 3080 fe and can confirm if they also have the same fan noise/sound.
So I won't worry about it much then, thanks again.

Last edited:
Is the mic accentuating the sound or that's how you hear it from a normal distance too? What's the RPM at 100%?

Thank you so much, that's what I wanted to know. I didn't know anyone who owns 3080 fe and can confirm if they also have the same fan noise/sound.
So I won't worry about it much then, thanks again.
Glad to help, mate!

Here's my undervolt profile also - 0.875mV, 1905 MHz, power at 105%.
I was chasing an 11k score in Superposition, this gets me there. Usually runs at 1935 MHz in games and benchmarks with this profile (I really don't get how OC works with thermal and power headroom this gen).
Power maxes out at ~270-280W, temps around 63-65C

Is the mic accentuating the sound or that's how you hear it from a normal distance too? What's the RPM at 100%?
Yes, mic is exaggerating the noise a little, but you can only know how it sounds exactly if you hear it in person. @BanditPanda was able to relate when he tried 100% fans on his 3080 fe. Fans max out at 3000 rpm.

Found this while browsing reddit, nvidea need to work on their quality control.

Last edited:
Back