Far Cry 3 - Discussion Thread

re: Farcry 3 - Discussion Thread

Bluffmaster said:
I hate to say it but the gameplay looked a little boring to me. I don't know if its the setting or the style of the gameplay but this just isn't what Far Cry 1 was all about.
No ham dialogues, typical Ubisoft, way to kill a great game.

edit: almost like "A Scanner Darkly" of gaming industry, you'll dig it if you're in the right zone :p

^ That just shows how little you know about the gaming scene. You sound like those graphic hungry kids who jump at every new eye candy on offer, without giving a damn about the gameplay.

kestrel5915 said:
^ That just shows how little you know about the gaming scene. You sound like those graphic hungry kids who jump at every new eye candy on offer, without giving a damn about the gameplay.
ohh.. really??:bleh:..... My dear friend the games which I have mentioned are a lot lot better in gameplay and graphics compared to your farcry3, so chill out and stop judging someone, this will help you in future. :cool2: no hard feelings.

^ Wow!!! You've already played BF3, MW3 and Far Cry 3 and know all about the gameplay and graphics already?! :O
Damn, you must have access to whole lotta stuff. Hey can you please just tell us what engine the next COD game runs on? We're really hoping for an awesome new graphic engine.

^^ hey friend, you seem to like debate... lemme tell you something , never try to insult someone ,its bad...and ya one more point READ every comment neatly twice... my first comment says "After playing the likes of battlefields, COD's and Crysis" ....hopefully you are taking it as BFBC2, MW2 ,CRYSIS2 etc.... From where did BF3 and MW3 come in list in the games that I have played ??? Everybody knows they are going to be the best in graphics and gameplay. Trailers says it all.Hope you have compared those trailers with that of FARCRY3. Maybe you didnt like my comment on FARCRY3 and took it personally... I never said anything about anyone specific from my first comment. I posted my view. Thats it... Continue your way to show your greatness to others... cheers... and just coz you asked " mw3 official engine announcement is not made yet "... enjoy....

chiragsthakur said:
My dear friend the games which I have mentioned are a lot lot better in gameplay and graphics compared to your farcry3

You're talking like a fanboy here: My fav games are the best and yours suck!

I don't think one can get a better shooter than the original Far Cry game (although FarCry2 was a cropper but still the graphics were very good).

And as I said, judging games by graphics is like judging movies by posters and you're doing exactly that.

You already seem to know everything about Far Cry 3 :p

And as for this trailer, this is most probably an alpha version, so the graphics of the finished game will be a lot better.

But being a fanboy, you'll still say that my COD, BF and Crysis is still better than your FarCry

:p

My initial impressions were a little dissapointing but after listening to what this guy had to say, I have my hopes build up. The graphics are not poor by any strech of imagination, they are infact pretty damn good for a game running on a 360, its just that Crysis was a lot greener and it has set a bar with which every game set in an island would be compared to. The premise of this game is not bad, kinda like LOST where you are stranded on a hostile island and the militants know the only way off the island. It can make for a pretty interesting story. Lets not judge a game before playing it.

Here is the video :

kestrel5915 said:
You're talking like a fanboy here: My fav games are the best and yours suck!
Thats what you understand from my comment. Getting it all wrong friend.keep aside the fanboy thingy as even I have played farcry1,2 when they were launched and at that time they had awesome graphics, but now the scenario is different. we expect a lot more in terms of graphics and gameplay. I personally didnt find the graphics of this game any better.So if you telling that this is alpha version then lets see whats comes to our surprise...

Friend, u have to understand the predicament here, If it talks like a fanboi, acts like a fanboi, shrieks like a fanboi, then most likely its a fanboi.

A game is much more than just the eye candy, take DA/DA2 or ME1 for example they weren't the trendsetters of their time in the graphics department, yet those of one of the most beloved RPGs this side of Baldurs Gate. So judging a whole game based on a alpha version of it and expecting the judgement to be accepted by the masses is one of the definitions of fanboism.

No offence, i get ur view. But how u put it makes all the difference. Its all about perception friend. So assume nothing, perceive everything.

Re: Farcry 3 - Discussion Thread

I hated all of Far Cry 2. It looked more to be a lame version of GTA set in africa with no humour + more guns. Except the GFX everything sucked (for me atleast). Left the game 4 hours into it.

Exactly^^, I too left four hours into that game. That was my 4 hours wasted. I want something like the original Far Cry or Crysis. Can never get enough of 1 man vs all in a jungle setting. Although I hated JC2, tropical setting doesnt always make a nice game.

I loved Farcry 1...it was probably the best game at that point of time and cryengine just revolutionized the PC gaming graphics...Far cry two looked superb...unluckily the repetitive character of the game killed it.

Yup the repetitive gameplay killed Far Cry 2. I only played it for a bit and left the game. Everyone who played Far Cry and loved it would really want to have the lush green jungle look back. Let's hope Far Cry 3 brings it back.

Though the Far Cry 2 gameplay might not have been so good, it's graphics were certainly great. Also, it was very well optimized and scaled well even on low end hardware.

OT: Do you guys ever happen to recall that episode on Gamer.TV (which was aired in TEN Sports back then) wherein they happened to showcase Farcry? I used to sit and drool over that episode. :p

Gawd it used to be so awesome. I had a 9600Pro back then which couldn't handle Farcry properly at med. settings. Then, later switched to 7900GT which was luckily able to manage the game with decent frames.

Gannu said:
OT: Do you guys ever happen to recall that episode on Gamer.TV (which was aired in TEN Sports back then) wherein they happened to showcase Farcry? I used to sit and drool over that episode. :p

Gawd it used to be so awesome. I had a 9600Pro back then which couldn't handle Farcry properly at med. settings. Then, later switched to 7900GT which was luckily able to manage the game with decent frames.
Gamer.tv, sweet memory. Used to see that show every week. Was heart broken when it was cancelled!

PS - Yeah i remember that episode :p

So are there any game shows currently telecast on Indian Television

Back