Far Cry help!

muttster

Disciple
Im trying to play Far Cry (in 32bit windows) with everything in Very high settings.but its not working right.Sometimes the ground goes black when i approach it(still in first round.)then slowly i see the grass but ground still black.i tried low settings everything works perfect.but i dont want low settings after spending so much on the pc..my driver version is 7.8.0.1
my pc is at 2530mhz.(230x11) ram at 230mhz, 7800gtx at 450/1250(stock settings)..
help please :)
thanks!

the problem is im using a downloaded version :s i cant find the far cry i got with my graphics card!!uurrgh
will try updating though..
thanks guys!

You are on a XFX 7800 GTX so you definately must have Original Farcry as it comes bundled with the card... path the game to version 1.3 the problem should get solved.... As bladey pointed out... Farcry has issues with GF 6 & 7 Series...

I had the same problem with my BFG 6800GT oc'ed to Ultra speeds.

Patched the game to the latest patch available. Worked fine.

im on version 1.1.0.1230.....its a deviance release..lets see if i could patch it..
i cant find my far cry cd..thats the problem..so i installed far cry from a downloaded copy i had...

I think your "copy" of Far Cry has set itself to OpenGL mode instead of DirectX mode. I have seen this issue in OpenGL mode, i.e., no ground only grass kinda stuff.

There is some method to switch between OpenGL and DirectX, I cant remember it offhand. Just google for it and you should be able to play it properly with DirectX.

Back