Budget 0-20k Fara R1 vs Lian Li 215x?

Edit - Just noticed that 1 front USB 3.0 port on case isn't working. FML! What is with me and defective PC components.. mann!!
oof hard luck. I broke one of the pins of the motherboard USB 3 header while finishing my build, and that cost me the functionality of one of the front ports (it was working before that). That stupid USB 3 header is the only thing I hate more than molex connectors XD

That stupid USB 3 header is the only thing I hate more than...
I have heard the same thing elsewhere. My day to deal with those will come too...
Some even recommend steering completely clear of it and not even looking at it the wrong way lol. Seems some Asus boards have been bricked by simple connected those USB 3 headers.

Though the R1 had grown on me and I had started liking the case after a day but had to return the cabinet since 1 usb3.0 port at front wasnt working at all. Amazon couldn't provide a replacement as they don't have stock of same they seem to have increased price.

So I am back to square one i.e. open setup and on lookout for the best cabinet under strict budget. Though I would want to get 215x, but its way beyond my budget atm and its no-front-dust-filter at front is bothering me a lot too as my place is full of dust. :/

I have following options now -

MSI 100m - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YQ724L8/

Fara R1 (black) - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B085KLGP8C/

Which one should I go for?

Last edited:
@xkcd0137 I guess you're only looking for mesh airflow with cooling and better usable features like USB 3.0x2 .
Yup. You got that spot on.
Here's another option i.e. cougar MX410 - Mesh G argb for Rs. 4545 @ mdcomputers, do check it.
I am also considering Fara R1 or this one for myself
Which one would you recommend between mx410 and R1 (with 3 deepcool rf120 fans)?

Though mx410 is cheaper and seems to offer more features but not quite sure about its build quality. Also not liking the flashy rgb strips at front lol.
there's two more options to look for , both mesh and about same price - montech x2 and antec nx410 (but these 've only 1 usb 3 port)
I also checked Montech Air 900 mesh, Antec nx600, Antec nx800.. but all of them have one or other issue like molex connectors or just one usb3.0 port.

Yup. You got that spot on.

Which one would you recommend between mx410 and R1 (with 3 deepcool rf120 fans)?

Though mx410 is cheaper and seems to offer more features but not quite sure about its build quality. Also not liking the flashy rgb strips at front lol.

I also checked Montech Air 900 mesh, Antec nx600, Antec nx800.. but all of them have one or other issue like molex connectors or just one usb3.0 port.
I already ordered cougar MX410 for myself
from electrobot.co.in for rs 4350.
It may take a couple of days to arrive.
Not a gamer or RGB person so I will replace those fans with standard Arctic fans and may also remove LED strip at front mesh.
Any of these cabinets will not provide pwm fans. It's either 3 pin fan or molex powered.
Antec may even provide proprietary connector for their pre installed fans.
As we are already familiar with the build quality for this price,
Can't expect 10/10 build quality for this price for any cabinet but cougar cabinet has got 4mm tempered glass wheres farah R1 has a bit thin glass.
It was you ? Who recently purchased fara R1 and complained of one USB port not working. So considering thin glass and qc issues l changed my decision and ordered cougar.
Let me receive it I can share photos and clear other doubts if any.
I am yet to receive this item but still I will suggest MX 410 instead of fara R1.
Other options to consider are
Antec NX 410 and montec X2.
But these have only one usb 3 port I guess.
As for the build quality all these are identical, kind of ok ok for all.

Voltage? If you have good airflow, don't hesitate to put 1.45 on the RAM. Provided good heatsink of course which generally is the case.
3600cl14 didn't boot with 1.45 either. I am running cl14 on 1.55v atm.
I already ordered cougar MX410 for myself
from electrobot.co.in for rs 4350.
Any of these cabinets will not provide pwm fans. It's either 3 pin fan or molex powered.
Antec may even provide proprietary connector for their pre installed fans.
Didn't know Electrobot offered free shipping. Fara R1 is way cheaper at ₹3200 only, on their site.
QC is an issue but I liked R1's aesthetic better than mx410's. Also R1 has been reviewed by GN so we know about airflow but there are no reviews on mx410 which doesn't help in making the decision. Will wait for your feedback.
It was you ? Who recently purchased fara R1 and complained of one USB port not working. So considering thin glass and qc issues l changed my decision and ordered cougar.
Yes, it was me and I have mentioned it in this thread only.
Other options to consider are
Antec NX 410 and montec X2.
But these have only one usb 3 port I guess.
Yeah, can't compromise with just 1 usb3 port. Need atleast 2. Have you looked at MSI 100m cabinet? Any idea how does that compare to cougar and fara cabinets?
but cougar cabinet has got 4mm tempered glass wheres farah R1 has a bit thin glass.
Pardon my ignorance as a 1st time pc builder, though I know that thicker glass will be better but should that be a deciding factor while choosing a cabinet?

Last edited:
Msi 100m is good but I didn't liked the sporty looks.
if R1 's aesthetic is appealing you then it's a no brainer.
here 's a detailed review for mx410
thick glass isn't a deciding factor, it's just that it makes if feel more premium and sturdy.

here 's a detailed review for mx410
thick glass isn't a deciding factor, it's just that it makes if feel more premium and sturdy.
Thats a pretty bad review imo.. he just ran single 3dmark timespy and nothing else. Also, his temps don't exactly concur with GN's 3dmark stress test, so probably they are using different methodology.

Don't think anyone is as comprehensive as GN.

Thats a pretty bad review imo.. he just ran single 3dmark timespy and nothing else. Also, his temps don't exactly concur with GN's 3dmark stress test, so probably they are using different methodology.

Don't think anyone is as comprehensive as GN.
This review is just about an overview of this item.
Don't take these tests and benchmarks so seriously. Most of the YouTube content is sponsored and biased whether it's GN, this one or any other youtuber. Few degrees and decibels here and there wont make night and day difference in real world usage scenario.

This review is just about an overview of this item.
Don't take these tests and benchmarks so seriously. Most of the YouTube content is sponsored and biased whether it's GN, this one or any other youtuber. Few degrees and decibels here and there wont make night and day difference in real world usage scenario.
Phanteks P300a is selling for ₹4850 on Primeabgb. See if that interests you.

I have decided on R1 again. Will be ordering that from Electrobot. Any idea about their replacement/return policy?

Last edited:
Phanteks is good but I needed even smaller size so ordered cougar.
It's my first order at electrobot and it's already delayed so I called them yesterday, item in transit now.
let 's hope for the best.. I also ordered a Psu today from them.

Received the cabinet 2 days back, Cabinet is good I liked it, though my mobo failed, so assembling delayed.
Checked the cabinet all working good liked the snug fit USB ports, temper glass has got weight and is as good as my thermaltake cabinet.
Fans are silent and looking cool, It may be my 1st RGB setup in last 15 + yrs.
over all good build quality for the price, a bit better than what I was expecting. :)
It was my first order at Electrobot - their customer support is below average, doesn't sound professional but they do offer good price.
Cleary mentioned on their website - ships in 24 hrs but this electrobot shipped my order after 6 days and used PAFEX courier (economy shipping) which further took 5 days for just 65-70km distance.
Both the cabinet and PSU received in excellent condition (packed well).

I'll share one more pic after it's assembled.

P_20210716_122517.jpgP_20210716_122532.jpgP_20210716_122617.jpgP_20210714_142002.jpg

Received the cabinet 2 days back, Cabinet is good I liked it, though my mobo failed, so assembling delayed.
Checked the cabinet all working good liked the snug fit USB ports, temper glass has got weight and is as good as my thermaltake cabinet.
Fans are silent and looking cool, It may be my 1st RGB setup in last 15 + yrs.
over all good build quality for the price, a bit better than what I was expecting. :)

I'll share one more pic after it's assembled.
I was about to ask about your feedback. Thanks. Do share the temps as well, if possible.

I am waiting for Prime Day sale to see if 215's price drops, otherwise I'll get it from Electrobot.

I was about to ask about your feedback. Thanks. Do share the temps as well, if possible.

I am waiting for Prime Day sale to see if 215's price drops, otherwise I'll get it from Electrobot.
Temps are irrelevant, all these mesh cabinets are same, It's just about 1-2C up and down nothing major.
215 is also a very good cabinet, I selected this one as I needed smallest possible cabinet for a ATX board, even 1-2 inches counts in my scenario but now my ATX board failed.
Still it's very good and airy cabinet for my upcoming Micro ATX mobo.

Chances are less for a price drop but surely 10% HDFC card discount will be available. I'm too waiting for Primeday for WD 1TB ssd.

Update: I received Lancool 215x day before yesterday and have shifted my components to it.

Build quality is better than Fara R1 except the metal panel which is a bit flimsy. Rubber grommets and velcro tie are welcome, but velcro should not have been placed right on the grommets. There is a tiny panel gap between front mesh panel and case, which I think is intentional. Tighter tolerance would've been preferred though. Fan controller hub is doing its thing. Though I have connected the ARGB connector to MoBo, haven't been able to decide on a rgb mode yet.

Major concern is that the 2nd USB 3.0 port on front panel is not working with this case either. So I think there is some fault with the MoBo, as same happened with Fara R1 as well.

Temps are similar to the test bench. Adding 1 top-rear exhaust dropped GPU temps by 1C. Adding 1 more top-front exhaust didn't improve temps. Since improvement is minor, I have removed all extra fans and kept the setup stock.

Major concern is that the 2nd USB 3.0 port on front panel is not working with this case either. So I think there is some fault with the MoBo, as same happened with Fara R1 as well.
Sorry for beating a dead horse but can anyone help me with this. Though since 1 usb3.0 port is not working with 215 and didn't work with R1 either, there is a higher probability of the Mobo being faulty but I can't be sure.

I may also have a very bad luck of getting two faulty cases as well. Hence I want to confirm if it's the Case or Mobo which is faulty. Any way to find out?

Finally assembled 2 days back.
Not a RGB lover but still enjoying these colors. Happy with my purchase, cabinet looks stunning.
Idle temps are 29-33C in a AC room but I'm using Noctua U12S with extra Noctua fan and Arctic MX5 thermal paste.
Hey, I just saw that you are selling the build. What happened? Going ITX?

Sorry for beating a dead horse but can anyone help me with this. Though since 1 usb3.0 port is not working with 215 and didn't work with R1 either, there is a higher probability of the Mobo being faulty but I can't be sure.

I may also have a very bad luck of getting two faulty cases as well. Hence I want to confirm if it's the Case or Mobo which is faulty. Any way to find out?

Hey, I just saw that you are selling the build. What happened? Going ITX?
may be small pc like asrock deskmini or I may buy a xbox S console.

Back