Budget 0-20k Fast office PC needed - must buy fast.

I have suggested both the AMD as well as Intel Options.

The Intel G2020 or 2010 was meant to fill in the gap for a 'faster computer' = 2 nos that you need. In fact you can add a further 4 GB of RAM on these systems to get the best performance.

The AMD A4 4000 or Sempron 145 was meant to fill the requirement of 4 other pc systems & also a lot cheaper.

However, as @Crazy_Eddy has pointed out there will be major performance differences between these two. So if you are OK with it then go ahead with these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have suggested both the AMD as well as Intel Options.

The Intel G2020 or 2010 was meant to fill in the gap for a 'faster computer' = 2 nos that you need. In fact you can add a further 4 GB of RAM on these systems to get the best performance.

The AMD A4 4000 or Sempron 145 was meant to fill the requirement of 4 other pc systems & also a lot cheaper.

However, as @Crazy_Eddy has pointed out there will be major performance differences between these two. So if you are OK with it then go ahead with these.

Thanks Terence, I think this is the route to go. Do you have any picks on the motherboards for the G2010 or the G2020? Apart from the Gibabyte GA-H61M-D2H

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Terence, I think this is the route to go. Do you have any picks on the motherboards for the G2010 or the G2020? Apart from the Gibabyte GA-H61M-D2H

Is the AMD option too still in your radar ? (for your 4 other pc's) or do you want to stick to Intel?

For G2010/2020 - the suggested motherboard is the cheapest & best, however here are other options. We at TE do not recommend Jetway; Biostar; ECS or other unreliable boards.
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H ~ 4600/- [usb 3 option + the most popular board on TE for the past 10 months or so]
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H ~ 3499/-

Note: mdcomputers prices are also on the higher side. You can check out rates at prime; theitdepot (buy products from them only if they are listed 'ready-for-despatch').

For online buying always call up the portal and check availability/quantity before you place your orders & make any payment. You can add products into your 'shopping cart' so this is visible to the customer-representatives when you speak to them.

Is the AMD option too still in your radar ? (for your 4 other pc's) or do you want to stick to Intel?

For G2010/2020 - the suggested motherboard is the cheapest & best, however here are other options. We at TE do not recommend Jetway; Biostar; ECS or other unreliable boards.
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H ~ 4600/- [usb 3 option + the most popular board on TE for the past 10 months or so]
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H ~ 3499/-

Note: mdcomputers prices are also on the higher side. You can check out rates at prime; theitdepot (buy products from them only if they are listed 'ready-for-despatch').

For online buying always call up the portal and check availability/quantity before you place your orders & make any payment. You can add products into your 'shopping cart' so this is visible to the customer-representatives when you speak to them.

Decided to go with Intel, but locally I am getting G75M D3V and not D3H. Am looking up the differences on the Gigabyte website as I type this.

Looks like the only difference is 2 vs 4 RAM slots, no HDMI port - but both have DVI ports, and slight changes in the PCI-E slot configuration. How much are you getting it for?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4002,4150,4151[DOUBLEPOST=1374923989][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hehe Biostar is ok :p

G75M-D3v quoted at 4400/-[DOUBLEPOST=1374982468][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks guys. So far. So good.

I am also looking for a quick suggestion for an All-in-one Printer/scanner/copier with fax capabilities, but an el chepo one. Okay, I can do without Fax as those ones are a tad expensive. Especially one that has cheap cartridges. I have a HP C7288 model, on which I have used a continuous ink system, but the results are not too good with the printing.

canon MF 3010 - mono laser - print, scan copy - rs9200
canon MF 4750 - mono laser - print, scan copy, fax - rs16874[DOUBLEPOST=1374985263][/DOUBLEPOST]samsung SCX-3401/XIP - print, scan, copy - rs8700
samsung SCX-3406W/XIP - print, scan, copy, WIRELESS - rs10,500

canon MF 3010 - mono laser - print, scan copy - rs9200
canon MF 4750 - mono laser - print, scan copy, fax - rs16874[DOUBLEPOST=1374985263][/DOUBLEPOST]samsung SCX-3401/XIP - print, scan, copy - rs8700
samsung SCX-3406W/XIP - print, scan, copy, WIRELESS - rs10,500

Looking for cheaper stuff mate, within 4-5k tops.[DOUBLEPOST=1375063593][/DOUBLEPOST]
BTW mention what price you're getting the 18" square LCDs for, so others can factor it into the budget.

The 17" square LCD, LG one is quoted at 5000 + tax.

canon MP 287 - inkjet print, scan, copy - 8.4ipm bk/4.8ipm clr, 4800 dpi - rs3150
canon MG 3170 - inkjet print, scan, copy , wifi , Auto-Duplex- 9.2 ipm mono/5 ipm color - rs5083
HP Deskjet 3525 All-in-One Printer -INK ADV(economical) - Wifi & Android Direct print - rs 6150
HP Deskjet 2515 All-in-One Printer -INK ADV(economical) - rs4550

Note: You cannot refill ink on any of the HP inkjet printers (models released since 2012). The cartridge has a self-destruction head after it prints its rated capacity of pages.

So check out other brand's.

Mention the volume of printing being done. And if this is for office use, I assume you won't be messing around with refilled cartridges.

The printing is something that can be as low as 2 page as day to as much as 50 pages a day. I can up the budget for the AIO printer to 10K. The problem is that there are days and days when no printing is done and all of a sudden, we might need to take out multiple prints.

Printing should be economical with decent photo printing as well. 90% of the printing will be documents and 10% photos (should be decent).

Edit: I have purchased the two faster PCs now. One with the G75M D3V motherboard and 4 GB ram. The other with 2 Gb and the H61 motherboard from Gigabyte. Both run the same processor G2010. LG 17" square got for 5000 + taxes.

I am also looking for a really reliable robust pendrive. I have had mixed experiences so far with them, some outlasting others. Is there one that is really good?

Last edited:
Note: You cannot refill ink on any of the HP inkjet printers (models released since 2012). The cartridge has a self-destruction head after it prints its rated capacity of pages.

So check out other brand's.
I'm using HP 2515 Ink Advantage AIO printer. I think its released in 2012.... recently i refilled it and its working fine.. printed around 100 pgs after refilling no problem so far....

I'm using HP 2515 Ink Advantage AIO printer. I think its released in 2012.... recently i refilled it and its working fine.. printed around 100 pgs after refilling no problem so far....

Damm, damm, DAMMM .... HP are bloody bastids :mad:

I am using the HP Deskjet AIO 2050 J510 Series. I have tried refilling the B&W cartridge (all new ones) on 3 occasions but failed to get a single printout. I end up spending Rs 1000/- every 3-4 months on new Combo cartridge pack.

Perhaps the "Ink Advantage" series does work with refilling. You are the first person I have known who has reported this fact. We certainly would like more people to corroborate this.

have you tried re-filling the color cartridge too - does it work ?

Damm, damm, DAMMM .... HP are bloody bastids :mad:

I am using the HP Deskjet AIO 2050 J510 Series. I have tried refilling the B&W cartridge (all new ones) on 3 occasions but failed to get a single printout. I end up spending Rs 1000/- every 3-4 months on new Combo cartridge pack.

Perhaps the "Ink Advantage" series does work with refilling. You are the first person I have known who has reported this fact. We certainly would like more people to corroborate this.

have you tried re-filling the color cartridge too - does it work ?

Can't say about other models but it certainly worked with my "2515 Ink Advantage" .
I was also confused whether refilling would work or not, even i opened a thread here on TE regarding the same but got no answer. Then i decided to give it a try and bought refilling kit(ink, syringe etc...) and refilled it but it wasn't working.... i searched google, saw some youtube videos but couldn't figure out exactly how to get it work... then my brother suggested me to blew some air through mouth in the hole of the cartridge as he saw some local shopkeeper doing the same and to my surprise after doing so it started working..... The ink level indicator on the printer still shows low ink but it doesn't interfere printing or i don't see any "low ink" warning... its just working fine

--------
my color cartridge is yet to run out but when it will i'll try for sure.....

I bought proccy+mobo+ram yesterday for office purpose too. Just giving you a headsup about the prices here in Nehru place, New delhi. Interl G2010 for 3.4k, Gigabyte H61M-DS2 for 2.9k and Kinston 2gb ddr3 for 1.2k

Can't say about other models but it certainly worked with my "2515 Ink Advantage" .
I was also confused whether refilling would work or not, even i opened a thread here on TE regarding the same but got no answer. Then i decided to give it a try and bought refilling kit(ink, syringe etc...) and refilled it but it wasn't working.... i searched google, saw some youtube videos but couldn't figure out exactly how to get it work... then my brother suggested me to blew some air through mouth in the hole of the cartridge as he saw some local shopkeeper doing the same and to my surprise after doing so it started working..... The ink level indicator on the printer still shows low ink but it doesn't interfere printing or i don't see any "low ink" warning... its just working fine

--------
my color cartridge is yet to run out but when it will i'll try for sure.....

Very interesting... I guess I could try it out also. Which brand 'refilling kit(ink, syringe etc...) are you using, where did u get it from ?

Back