FAT32 HDD.

RahatB

Disciple
Can someone help me recover the data from this old HDD I have? Its got a lot of memories which are worth a fair bit to me emotionally.

I have no idea where to begin.

20200818_155838.jpg

I am assuming the drive is functioning.
In that case, connect it to your pc and use software like Recuva to recover lost data.
But still more clarity is needed.
Post automatically merged:

Is it an old PATA interface??????????
I think it's sata. It's mentioned on the drive. :)

Didnt got your question... Is it corrupt, gone bad??
Sorry man, its Fat32 and my laptops are all NTFS, it doesn't get read as far as I remember.

I am assuming the drive is functioning.
In that case, connect it to your pc and use software like Recuva to recover lost data.

The drive works as far as I know, the last time I tried I don't think it read at all, just wanted to get whatever I wanted to off from it.

Sorry man, its Fat32 and my laptops are all NTFS, it doesn't get read as far as I remember.
No dude. Laptops aren't FAT32 or NTFS. Its the hard disks which can be formatted to either FAT32 or NTFS. But the individual file size that can be written on FAT32 system is 4gb. So most hard disks today are formatted to NTFS.
Just connect your drive and then transfer your files. After that, format it to NTFS and use it as external storage drive or whatever.
Post automatically merged:

But its a 3.5" drive so you'll need an external usb enclosure to transfer it directly to a laptop.

If you have a desktop then remove the laptop drive and connect both these drives in the desktop and transfer the files. Then put the laptop drive back in its place and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Back