Laptops Feasibility of repairing an Alienware laptop with graphics card (GTX980M) issues.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
To keep it short, the IGP works but the discrete doesn't seem to anymore.
Where can this be repaired and any idea how much it would cost?

Edit: GPU is "burnt." I haven't personally opened it yet.

Last edited:
Try giving it to a local laptop repair center.
My bro had a lenovo with discrete 980m and he had to visit the laptop guy yearly twice to get it worked after the laptop aged well but sadly the gpu died after 2 years of such service and also the igp along with it. SO in all laptop was dead!
But I';m sure laptop actually doesnt die its just the igpu/dgpu but unlike a desktop we have to trash it as nothing can be done about it!

Try giving it to a local laptop repair center.
My bro had a lenovo with discrete 980m and he had to visit the laptop guy yearly twice to get it worked after the laptop aged well but sadly the gpu died after 2 years of such service and also the igp along with it. SO in all laptop was dead!
But I';m sure laptop actually doesnt die its just the igpu/dgpu but unlike a desktop we have to trash it as nothing can be done about it!
IGP has no issue. Can be used for all basic work purposes. Just no gaming which requires the discrete GPU.

If it is on an mxm module, you need to find the corresponding one or compatible one on eBay and replace it. If it is on the motherboard then tough luck!

Back