Feedback on Asus AiMesh / Linksys Easy Mesh

demonic

Adept
Hi people,

I am currently using Tp-link Deco series mesh system and it requires frequent Network optimization through app to keep the system running optimally which is turning into a chore. My building has multiple wifis which may be causing the frequent network congestion.

Hence looking to move to a mesh system which is better and does these optimizations automatically. As far as I read, Asus AiMesh and Linksys Easy Mesh allows one to combine proper routers (assuming better range when compared to mesh nodes) for building mesh system. Please share your feedback.

PS: Thinking of keeping the network entirely wireless but may consider ethernet backhaul later.

Thanks!

Thanks @chetansha .

OP, what network optimizations are you talking about? Is it to do with Channel selection?

Have used AiMesh for last couple of years or so. and the experience has been great especially with Merlin Firmware (just make sure not to jump onto latest firmware unless you have to).
I have set Channel as Auto for 2.4 band and 44 for 5GHz band. Never had issues with WiFi. Having said that, I have a ethernet back-haul.
Suggest you try that first with your current set-up.
The great thing about Asus AiMesh is it's ability to support different types of devices, and one can add more nodes as per requirement.

Thanks for your inputs @decalpha.

Yes I mean channel selection.

I will give ethernet backhaul a try and if that doesn't make things better then will switch to Asus routers.

Back