Few queries regarding 5233

RadioHeAd

Disciple
I have decided to go for a Nokia 5233/5230. I think these fones wud be my best bet for a price range of 7 - 8.5k and honestly after reading the reviews and personally using it for a few days (sister's handset) i found it really VFM..However, had a few queries before i make the plunge:

1. How does this phone fare in terms of SQ of music player esp. 5233 ? Any current owners could give me a personal feedback on the same. (Dint realise or get the time to check the music player while i had the time since i was on the move all the time :( )
2. Has anyone managed to pair this fone with the Soundmagic MP21 ? Does the remote work on the fone? I have a SM PL11 which i ll sell off if MP21 functions are compatible with this phone.
3. Although I'm planning to pick this fone up from Alfa, is there any other dealer/website which can give me any good deals ? (A free mmc could be a boon :) )
Appreciate all ur help guys,

Cheers

Q)SQ of music player esp. 5233 ?
My official Phone is 5233 while my Pvt is 5800XM ...
All softwares are compatible in both systems (Symbian V5)
SQ. i find no diff. using headphones... surely speaker phone is pretty weak. in 5233 for obvious reasons...
Headsets : Hippo boom (Travel) / Dell Bh200(Office) / Pmx-60 (Home)

I use nokia handsfree (Extension) which came with 5800xm for using keys for volume / track / play/pause ... surely you can buy it from open market of here at forums as lots of people donot use them..

But i find no reason why others should not work...

Dell Bh 200 Bluetooth is capable of managing track play/pause/next/prev/vol+-

I think ... paying extra fr 5230 if you do not req the feature is not wise ... i find i donot use features of 5800xm nemore i use of 5233..
they all are what features :S
Ah!! the wisdom of buying phone with High sounding "Features" How they drive the price of hardwares up and how we swell to tell everybody of 3G / GPS when i do not have Internet connection / CAR , not that i "WANT" as much as i "NEED" but by all means , pray thee ... buy anything that suits "Need/Want" ... :no:

Peace
SauravR

@ DarkAngel - thanks mate for the price update. M hoping it would be slightly cheaper in Alfa though. Planning to go there tomorrow or on Sunday.

@ SauravR - Thanks for ur feedback Saurav. It does give me a wiser direction on which cell to choose. Though i might pickup the 5230 if the diff. in price is negligible :eek:hyeah:
Also has anybody faced any issues with the firmware updates or any other serious problem which i would need to consider before choosing from the above 2 fones. Correct me if i am wrong ., but i had come across a post about 5230 rebooting itself. Has the firmware in 5233 been better optimized than 5230 since its a more recent model ? Would like to see more user views on this though :)

Ya me too planning to get one of these 2 phones, but based on my study of reviews I have decided to go for 5233, as I don't require 3G and its a more recent model, just to be on the safe side!

From an ad in today's newspaper,

Vijay sales - Buy Nokia 5233 2 MP Camera Mobile in Rs. 6,550/- & Get Philips Ear-Hook Headphone worth Rs. 1,299/- :eek:hyeah:

Am sure if Vijay Sales is giving at that price then the cel might retail outside for around 6k. :)

Back