Fifa 11 and PES 2011 Review (PC)

I love FIFA series they are the best...

PES is like there is no Physx in the player movement, they use to RUN just like that...

madnav said:
replied within the quotes
IF you check my siggy you will know what is my rig.Which obviously you didn't check.And yes referee is biased and on world class mode it takes biased thing to another level.No penalty given for harsh tackle inside box[6 yards].Also playon is given only when there is counter and near or beyond halfline of opponent.In real life referee just stops the play and gives free kick.

Offsides in real and in FIFA are way to different.Its not even 10% close to reality in FIFA

I know they can't model everyone right but even key players are way too different.

please dnt touch this very sensitive issue fifa 11 vs pes 11

i play only pes 11 and i truly lov its BAL mode

passing is very cool

very realistic

Fifa 11 is a lot better than PES... i have both games.... but i like fifa more... i used to be a PES fan but this time i have to say that Fifa FTW :p

I really dont like PES's Camera positioning system... IMO PES 10 is much better than PES 11 even though its 1 year old now... When i got PES11 i uninstalled PES10 to install PES11 but now i m regretting it...

How can anyone really say if one game is better than the other or not. It's purely subjective, like most of the things we ever discuss. Let it go and enjoy the game ;)

I have to agree with hades here. PES 2011 feels a step back. In fact PES 2010 was much better. I just can't digest that with one click even my keeper can perform series of complex tricks which might prove mighty for even Zidane in real life. Even graphics in PES 2010 were much better. On the other hand, FIFA 2011 PC version has vastly improved. The Graphics are amazing and gameplay is nice.
Those crying out about how biased defending is and how defender kills of your momentum, pull up your panties girls. It takes time to used to it and once you play long enough, you would also find a way to break free from defenders. In Be a PRO mode, you gotta be in the right position all the time and ask for the pass at right time. It takes a little bit of vision to calculate the play and reach a position where you have a good chance. Like, if i'm playing as striker and last defender is couple of paces ahead of me, i would sprint towards his either side and when i'm about to reach him i would ask for a though pass from my midfielder. At that point, defender wont have the momentum to catch me and i would be just 1V1 against keeper.
In fact In FIFA 2011, even a single goal feels like you have earned it. I scored a screamer in the 81st minute from a Header by KAKA on a cross by Ronaldo... IT was awwwweeesomeee. Although the create a player mode is extensive, EA could have done more by adding some bells and whistles of PES's create a player mode (read:Celebrations).

Fifa 11 is everything that PES 11 is only bigger and better and more detailed this year they have beaten Konami at their own game adapted the gameplay to Konami's and really left them way behind and yes the Squillaci name is a ear sore but it shouldnt bother a true player because u cant spend time thinking what the player was called but rather find a player to pass to

I was PES Fanboy since last 5 years... But FIFA 2011 just blown me away. Whereas PES 2011 was just disappointing.
Just finished a cracker of a macth against deportivo in Be A pro mode for Real Madrid. Was trailing 1-0 .Ronaldo Scored a equilizer in 87th minute and then again ronaldo break free, took the shot but diving goalir got a fingertip to the ball, My player was about a few meters behind ronaldo. I ran took the ball on rebound and scored... Commentator and crowd both gone crazy..(Love you FIFA for amazing sound effects)... Then there was nice little closing comment from commentator "It was late but it was Great" :p

The A.I Team-mates in PES 2011 are so DUMB! They don't run into space. They just jog parallel to you. If they do run but I am not in a position to pass it to them, they don't even make an effort to return back to avoid an offside situation. In the end, I have like 4 people standing way ahead of the opposition defenders, looking on moronically. Every game I concede like 4-5 offsides due to this reason. Anyway, I still like it better than FIFA because FIFA's first touch mechanism kills everything.

Dhrubo said:
Good review. Will definitely download the PES demo and try out.But two things i would like to clarify -
1. Did u carry out the same exercise for PES what you did for FIFA (swapping player positions)? If yes what was the outcome.
2. What is the online scene for PES specially in India? As for me, a not so good experience playing online is a major deal breaker. To be honest I would only play a game online. Sports simulations to me does not have high replay value if you are playing against the AI. It's bound to get repetitive.
Dear posters, I'd like to apologise for my short hiatus, was down with some harsh dengue, something really spreading in Delhi these days.

1. Yes. I always keep trying out these swaps now and then. Think of is this way: You are a striker. I am the team captain and our keeper is injured, and I ask you to be the keeper. How would you perform? Visualize this situation. This is how PES treats it. Also, put Puyol as a striker. Try firing shots from him, they wont even be on target.
2. Online scene of PES generally, not just in India. I've heard this online play of PES 2011 has been improved substantially, but am waiting for the retail copy of the game to come out before I can say anything.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kippu said:
comparing to car games , would it be right to say PES = gran turismo , and FIFA = burnout ???
To be more accurate,
FIFA = Need For Speed series
PES = Dirt and Grid.

I have the Fifa 11 and its soo freaking awesome

I have played very few football games, really none ,but i really liked the game

I am hooked to it about 2-3hrs a day after my coll ;)

sa_ill said:
To be more accurate,

FIFA = Need For Speed series

PES = Dirt and Grid.
mc6b11.jpg

On PC, PES > FIFA. FIFA 11 still feels like pinball to me whereas PES doesn't.

However on the consoles, FIFA >>> PES. PES has the same version ported on all the platforms whereas FIFA on the consoles is next-gen stuff since FIFA 08.

pinarina said:

However on the consoles, FIFA >>> PES. PES has the same version ported on all the platforms whereas FIFA on the consoles is next-gen stuff since FIFA 08.
This year FIFA 11 on the PC is the next gen engine (based on FIFA 10 Console).

pinarina said:

Have you even played the PC version of FIFA 11 or just making assumptions based on previous games... Just playthe both games and then comment here. FIFA pawns PES on all systems this year...

Jason Bourne said:
Have you even played the PC version of FIFA 11 or just making assumptions based on previous games... Just playthe both games and then comment here. FIFA pawns PES on all systems this year...
Hes just making assumptions, im sure he hasn't played this year's FIFA :|

Fifa overall is better, no doubt, but i still feel the gameplay of pes is slightly better. The 1 big major issue with PES this year is its camera movement. Everytime the camera slides, it makes it really difficult to judge a long ball or through pass.
Tactics though in PES completely outclass Fifa, especially counter attack and pressure. Fifa pc still lags there IMHO.

Back