Finally Dammit on my side !

mr47 said:
nice!!

Need to see those comparisons /w 8800GT ASAP.
If HD4850 > XFX8800GT AD ,then ill sell it n get one of these :D

Lol wake up!! :p

It beats it fair n square; :bleh:

@gannu---- The drivers used for the comparison was catalyst 8.7 only :)...nw back to 8.6 hotfix one though as some driver issues r there with the beta:p

Me congratlates you, turns green with envy(dia). :tongue:

greenhorn said:
congrats - though i cant see any pics due to websense :ashamed:

PS: its DAAMIT :p

huh? Websense? greenie where do you work? i am stuck in da same websense rut whole day re.:mad:

Supra said:
@gannu---- The drivers used for the comparison was catalyst 8.7 only :)...nw back to 8.6 hotfix one though as some driver issues r there with the beta:p

Oh;

Supra, are u using XP + SP2 by any chance?? That requires another separate hotfix from AMD's site to fix the installation of the HDMI driver;

If its SP3 perfectly fine;

And oh yeah, I didn't notice any noteworthy performance improvements with the Cat 8.7 beta; :|

pcgamer said:
Congrats Dude...awesome purchase

BTW did u try the BIOS hack to adjust fanspeed

U dont need a BIOS hack for that;

Rewriting the .XML profile file will solve the problem; :D

@supra: Nice; really nice;

Used the AMD ATI GPU OC tool I presume??? :)

But didn't u notice any artifacts at that high Mem clocks??? Try running the ATI Tool and check; :)

And u certainly need an aftermkt cooler; :D

Where is the review?

Where is the time lol ! Just updating it a bit here nd there to include some new Oced nos as well :p

But didn't u notice any artifacts at that high Mem clocks??? Try running the ATI Tool and check;

No artifacts or anything...fully stable...just that temps are a bit high arnd low 80s.Well its nt under stock cooling but a bit modified stock cooling :p

iirc you had got the same score with your earlier 8800gt na?

I had gt around 153xx with my 8800GT but then the CPU was well above 3.8Ghz :p...dunno why SM 2.0 score is a bit less in HD 48xx series. But in game even a 4850 has a chance to bet the GTX 260 when highly oced(~20% arnd)

3d mark nos are nothing on this card ! Its the raw fps that you get which pwns the 8800GT by as big as 30-40% margin. And ya IQ on the 8800GT just plain sucked compared to this :p

Supra- Did you get your card via Rahul or was this a local Bangalore purchase?

i was a leeetle confused so just wanted a clarification :D

Back