Finally Found the best settings for Bitcomet 0.5*!!

hi guys,
i had posted a query as u may know abt which is the best settigns for bitcomet..well months and months of searching...i finally found the settings of everyone's dreams.:)
i got this thru some forums where a guy had posted his bitcomet.xml file.he said that he was also on a 64 Kbps shared line..guess he was from india as well.but neone who tried his settings got speeds atleast 2x or 3x more than before.
i was getting arnd 2-3 KB/s b4 in bitcomet no matter how much seeds/peers i had..i as i type now am getting 10 KB/s with an average speed of arnd 5-6 KB/s on my 64 Kbps line with 3 seeds n 5 peers!!.
i am attaching the bitcomet.xml file.overwrite it with ur existing bitcomet.xml
please change the path of dwd from the preferences...refrain from changing anything else for the time being.try out a few torrents with good/medium and bad seeds..then try tweaking arnd and post ur results..

here is the link:-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31N1BAU0

and oh yeah ..if this does turn out usefull..do rep me..:p

Don't know if its the torrent or the provided xml but now i'm getting a constant 16 kBps, where it used to fall to 14-13 at times before. :hap2:

hi params7..nice to know that u benefitted..do try some more torrents..and let us know..then we will definitely know the cause of the rise..:p

i tried it and yeah in 2 torrents , i got constant speeds with very little fluctuation . good find m8 :) , but i prefer azureus , finds more seeds than normally indicated on the tracker site :)

@memories_dv-IMO BitComet is the best torrent client...here is a guide to using it

@thegamerulez-those settings dint work for me...i got a constant speed of 22-23kbps on torrents that gave me 29-30kbps on my previous settings

lazyme said:
@thegamerulez-those settings dint work for me...i got a constant speed of 22-23kbps on torrents that gave me 29-30kbps on my previous settings
hi lazyme,
can u pls upload ur settings file too in rapidsahre or sumthing.so that we can xperiment arnd with these settings?
pls post ur connection type too.

ALSO ,pls someone try to give me the best azureus settings for my 64 Kbps net connection.i wud be very grateful.have already heard loads of 'azureus is awesome'.
pls pls pls ...someone give me atleast the most important settings..i will try to work out the rest..the most important ones which affect speeds.

Thank You.

Okay,get my settings here...

Please let me know if they're working well for you...i have a 256KBPS connection...Also you might want to check out this link to increase your download speed...

Havent tried it myself so cant be sure about it though...

hi lazyme,

sorry for the late reply.btw Bitcomet 0.60 is out.check it out.i had no difference of speeds in urs and mine.i myself dunno which settings i am using now..:p

thx neways.

the best setting i have found for bitcomet is the default one with say limiting the upload rate to 13-15KB.. and setting the port to anything between 6881- 6899(asi have forwarded these ports).. forwarding helps in connecting to remote peers too so that for bigger downloads you`d get consistent good speeds :D..

but i dont use this anwyays.. sticking to Bit Tornado :D..

chic_magnet said:
the best setting i have found for bitcomet is the default one with say limiting the upload rate to 13-15KB.. and setting the port to anything between 6881- 6899(asi have forwarded these ports).. forwarding helps in connecting to remote peers too so that for bigger downloads you`d get consistent good speeds :D..
but i dont use this anwyays.. sticking to Bit Tornado :D..

may i know which connection do u use?u may be using a 256 Kbps connection and in that case uplaoding 14-15 wud do just fine.but in my 64 Kbps connection if i upload 10-15 KB/s i wudnt be dwding nething.
besides i personally bit tornado is outdated now as it doesnt support de centralised tracking i.e. DHT tracker which almost all other popular clients use.

Back